Share this content

Can I ask HMRC close this investigation?

The HMRC have opened an inquiry into a self-employed client, we had the meeting on 04/05/2012.

Now after 3 months we have not received any correspondance back from them. I called them today, they said they are going to send it out in next couple of weeks.

I've heard if they delay responding of 3 months I can ask them to closed the file, but donot know if it is ture.

Can anyone help?



Please login or register to join the discussion.

Tax tribunal

You can apply to the Tax tribunal to ask them to issue a closure notice but I think they are more likely to give HMRC an extension of time to comply before issuing a closure notice. I've never been involved with such an appeal so I'm afraid I do not have much experience with this issue.

Thanks (0)