Share this content

Can one register as self-employed online?

Is it possible to register as self-employed online - complete an online CWF1 and CA5601 (pay Class 2 NI by DD)?

The HMRC website seems to say that you can't (but can download the forms, which is what we have been doing for clients).
However is there another method (via the Businesslink website for example)

Whilst on the subject of online forms, we use the online agent registration facility. However am I right in thinking there has to be a UTR number allocated before this can be used (i.e. it can't be used with a newly self-employed client where a UTR hasn't been allocated)?

David Evans


Please login or register to join the discussion.

Really helpful thanks

Thanks (0)

Try this
You're right that you can only use the online agent registration with a UTR but below is the link to register as a sole trader.

Thanks (0)