Share this content

Certificate of Tax Residence

A client with fees due from certain other EU countries has been asked for one. How do I get it?
David James


Please login or register to join the discussion.

Write to clients HMRC
asking for a certificate and giving details of the overseas client's name & address - as HMRC will only give specific certificates nowadays not a general "to whom it may concern" cover all letter.

Thanks (0)

Certificate of tax residence

This question may already have been answered but here it is.............

Some countries like Spain have a double taxation agreement with the UK.  So, your if for example a business is based in the UK and has a client in Spain, you will need to obtain from HMRC a certficate of tax residence to confirm that your business is established in the UK only and only subject to corporation tax in the UK and not in Spain.

Does this answer your query?  DM

Thanks (0)