NB: Copy thread since the earlier thread just did not work. This topic is very important to me. Please, please, please stick to the subject matter and not insults, get one over someone etc.
About 3 years ago I went to TaxAssist's discovery day. Their business model has left a lasting impression on me. One of their key requirement is for franchisees to open a shop front from year 3 of their franchise.
I have been thinking about a shopfront for some time. Their was a stage when I found a suitable premises but due to some legal issues I could not take it further.
If you do have a shopfront, I would be grateful if you could share your experience. What is it lke? I mean in terms of:
- Additional costs, are these more than recovered through increased fees?
- Sort of client walking through the door?
- Areas that came to light to you once you open the doors. These not even occur to you earlier
- What would you do differently if you could turn the clock back?
- How did you choose the location?
- Has it been a good move?
Please feel free to comment generally rather then responding to my list of questions.