In order to join the ICAEW via Pathways to Membership, you must meet certain application criteria. Qualified members of ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA, MICPA, CPA Australia or AICPA with a minimum of five years' full membership and post-qualification experience in an accounting and/or business environment may apply.
To be eligible to apply under the Pathways programme you must be one of the following:
- A full member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- A member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- A member of the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA)
- A member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- A member of CPA Australia
- A member of the Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
Membership must have been gained through the normal examination and training route. We do not accept membership obtained through reciprocity agreements, full credit/exemption schemes or similar schemes with another accountancy body.
You must also:
- have a minimum of five years’ full membership and relevant post-qualification experience in an accounting and/or business environment
- have complied with the CPD requirements of your existing professional accountancy body
- provide us with a letter from your current professional body(ies):
- confirming that you have a good disciplinary record , no outstanding complaints against you and that they know of no ethical or other reason why you could not be admitted to the ICAEW; or
- advising us of the details of any disciplinary record or outstanding complaint(s) and confirming that there is no further ethical or other reason why you could not be admitted to the ICAEW.
- AICPA and MICPA members who join the ICAEW under the Pathways to Membership scheme must maintain their home body membership.