I'm about to make an investment in a small business & wanted to check if it's better to do so as an individual or through one of my companies; here is my thoughts;
As an individual
1. As I am a director in the company in which I wish to invest I am able to invest via. the EIS scheme, is this possible if i invest via a company also?
2. Is my liability unlimited thus better to invest via my company
3. Less paperwork if I invest as an individual
As a company
1. Capitalise the investment, written off via. an annual review
2. Potential capital allowances available
3. Allowances for any direct costs related to the investment
4. Limited liability to the assets held under the company
Can anyone suggest anything points I am missing or offer any further insight?