Share this content

K2 investigation

K2 investigation

My new client was using the k2 tax avoidance scheme made infamous by Jimmy Carr.  He stopped doing so before he became my client and I know little of the detail of the scheme in question

His now being investigated by the special investigations technical team.  they are carrying an investigation into the scheme and will open an enquiry into his tax affairs.  If they find that the scheme does not work as intended then he will have a lot of tax to pay.

I am out of my depth here  - who would be the best people to contact?  what to do?

Any info gratefully accepted



Please login or register to join the discussion.

29th Nov 2012 17:04


Contact K2 - my understanding is they have arrangements to deal with this.  Your client should still have the details of his former employer.

Thanks (0)
By merlyn
29th Nov 2012 17:07

You need a specialist firm

Sadly for your client their advice is generally expensive, but the investigation could cost him more.


Thanks (0)
By Malet
30th Nov 2012 13:34

K2 should deal with this

K2 provide all the necessary information to HMRC if an enquiry is opened on the scheme. Its usually included within their fee.

Thanks (0)