Share this content

Old outstanding Tax Returns

I've just taken on a new client who has got way behind with his Tax Returns. For a couple of the earlier years, I have the following questions:

For 2005/2006 a determination was raised by HMRC for £1800. The Tax Return hasn't been submitted and it is now too late to have the determination adjusted.

For 2006/2007 an amount is on the account of £1800 which is the payments on account based on the previous year's determined figure.

My question is, if I submit a Tax Return for 2006/2007, even though it is out of time, will the Return amounts replace the payments on account?

Many thanks.


Please login or register to join the discussion.

No but

it may be wiorth trying to claim Special Relief

Thanks (0)

I am afraid that HMRC won't even look at the info on the 2007 return.

As mentioned above your best course of action is submitting the return with a letter claiming Special Relief.

Thanks (0)