Share this content

Split year - foreign savings income

Split year - foreign savings income

An individual who has previously not been resident or ordinarily resident in the UK arrives to take up employment in the UK with the intention to stay for a few years. In adopting the split year basis in the year of arrival, can I just check that foreign savings income (ie interest and dividends) earned in the UK tax year prior to the date of arrival can be remitted free of UK tax implications?

Many thanks.


Please login or register to join the discussion.

There are currently no replies, be the first to post a reply.