Share this content

Transfer of shares

Transfer of shares

Could anyone please let me know the process of how to transfer shareholding?

Is this relatively simple or would I be better off passing to a specialist?

Big Bob


Please login or register to join the discussion.

By occca
15th Jun 2009 07:52

Changing issued share capital
It is not as easy to reduce the issued share capital as it is to just rejig the shareholdings, subject to tax issues

Thanks (0)
By yeboyye
14th Jun 2009 23:29

Cancel the share?
Assuming there are four £1 ordinary shares in issue and fully paid. Is there any reason why we can't give one shareholder his £1 back and cancel the share. We then have a company with three issued shares and owned 1/3 each. Maybe this is too simple but hopefully someone else will add further comments. Subject of course to Phil's comment re possible value.

Thanks (0)
By Anonymous
12th Jun 2009 14:39

Cheers Phil.

Company set up with 4 shareholders 25% each, just about to start trading so no distributable profits, 1 shareholder wants to sever all ties so new split 33/33/34.

So a simple scenario but I haven't done this before.

Thanks (0)
12th Jun 2009 14:21

The actual process is easy
Just download a stock transfer form (google for one).
But you may need a specialist to deal with the tax consequences.
A bit of background info would help.

Thanks (0)