2008 Tax Liability and coding out in 2009.
When submitting 2008 tax returns online, and applying for the tax liability to be coded out in 2009/10 I think the deadline was supposed to be 31st December.
However I'm sure that I read somewhere that due to software glitch HMRC extended this deadline to 31st January.
Am I right with this, and if so can someone point me to the official statement please?
I submitted a few tax returns towards end of January applying for the tax liability to be coded out, but in a couple of cases have received recent statements showing the tax as underpaid (plus interest), and the code numbers without any reference to the tax.
- VAT registration on digital services supplied outside UK within EU 87 6
- Late RTI filing re SMP 91 2
- Additional information attached to accounts 177 2
- CIS Software 108 1
- Company assets 359 16
- Can anyone recommend a fax send/receive service which I can use via email? 219 6
- MoneySoft 163 2
- Best way to advise a limited company client 62 1
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 658 10
- Payroll cessation and missing overtime 143 2
- Self assessment 144 1
- Self Help Accountancy Book for Client 144 2
- Claiming VAT 124 2
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 1,119 15
- VAT on Acquisitions and Exempt Supplier 176 4
- Corporation tax on gains from one company to another 273 10
- HMRC website & Adobe Reader 270 5
- Basis period (2nd yr) for a partnership, please any suggestions would be really helpful 152 1
- Auto-enrolment - fact or fiction? 510 9
- Director resignation 740 21
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 503
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 477
- Is there anything wrong with this? 278
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 266
- Uncommercial property business 241
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 204
- Registering online CWF1 183
- Accrued income scheme 179
- Zoho software in small accounting and bookkeeping practice 179
- VAT - registration needed? 177