2008 Tax Liability and coding out in 2009.
When submitting 2008 tax returns online, and applying for the tax liability to be coded out in 2009/10 I think the deadline was supposed to be 31st December.
However I'm sure that I read somewhere that due to software glitch HMRC extended this deadline to 31st January.
Am I right with this, and if so can someone point me to the official statement please?
I submitted a few tax returns towards end of January applying for the tax liability to be coded out, but in a couple of cases have received recent statements showing the tax as underpaid (plus interest), and the code numbers without any reference to the tax.
- Transfer of Software to sister company 33 1
- Your comments please 144 4
- CGT history of shares 101 2
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 660 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 182 1
- Ordering same-day transactions 84 2
- As a soletrader taxi service, would purchasing low emissions taxi-cars qualify for AIA capital allowance? 177 2
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 51 1
- Closing my business down 325 20
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 118 1
- Recording Calls 67 1
- Accounting for reversed transaction 72 1
- Scams are not always obvious 2,277 37
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,494 21
- What do you all do in your spare time? 917 36
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 73 1
- VAT flat rate scheme 164 2
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 255 3
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 255 4
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 203 6
- Moving away from CCH software 959
- QROP pension input amounts 446
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 389
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 368
- fraud 292
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 265
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 234
- Construction CIS LLP Company 218
- EPS and CIS deductions 210
- Out of time or not? 193