2008 Tax Liability and coding out in 2009.
When submitting 2008 tax returns online, and applying for the tax liability to be coded out in 2009/10 I think the deadline was supposed to be 31st December.
However I'm sure that I read somewhere that due to software glitch HMRC extended this deadline to 31st January.
Am I right with this, and if so can someone point me to the official statement please?
I submitted a few tax returns towards end of January applying for the tax liability to be coded out, but in a couple of cases have received recent statements showing the tax as underpaid (plus interest), and the code numbers without any reference to the tax.
- How much did you pay for your website 1,383 23
- What would you do in this situation? 546 13
- Help Required 337 10
- Dress code 181 7
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 246 10
- directors control and tax problems 172 5
- Fastest Software 763 13
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 929 28
- What's in a name ? 302 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 233 4
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 424 15
- Bulk Invoicing 170 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 148 3
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 244 2
- ATED Penalties 272 1
- late second payment on account 173 2
- US royalties 96 2
- Project being run jointly 137 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 183 2
- Sole trader mix up 306 4
- CTA study material 703
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 426
- Employment related securities question 268
- AIM Stocks and IHT 246
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 200
- Trust for Employee 187
- Expat pension contributions? 186
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 176
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 158
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 144