2008 Tax Liability and coding out in 2009.
When submitting 2008 tax returns online, and applying for the tax liability to be coded out in 2009/10 I think the deadline was supposed to be 31st December.
However I'm sure that I read somewhere that due to software glitch HMRC extended this deadline to 31st January.
Am I right with this, and if so can someone point me to the official statement please?
I submitted a few tax returns towards end of January applying for the tax liability to be coded out, but in a couple of cases have received recent statements showing the tax as underpaid (plus interest), and the code numbers without any reference to the tax.
- Why should I retain membership? 2,665 46
- Recharge for private use of a company car 167 3
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 323 5
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 127 2
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,252 12
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 389 5
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,461 18
- Vat 244 4
- CT/CIS offset 119 2
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 170 4
- Trade name 172 3
- Musician - Allowable Travel expenses 129 1
- New business - journal entries 310 20
- B2B vat in the EU 110 2
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 312 18
- VAT on deposits 204 2
- VAT clearance for determining the correct rate to apply 128 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 409 12
- option to tax 204 1
- Share of profits from building society 105 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 783
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 707
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 388
- Social investment tax relief 206
- Digita Hosted Software 199
- Call Centre Data Costs 192
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 159
- Travel costs and contractors 151
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 145
- Certificates of tax deposit 138