2008 Tax Liability and coding out in 2009.
When submitting 2008 tax returns online, and applying for the tax liability to be coded out in 2009/10 I think the deadline was supposed to be 31st December.
However I'm sure that I read somewhere that due to software glitch HMRC extended this deadline to 31st January.
Am I right with this, and if so can someone point me to the official statement please?
I submitted a few tax returns towards end of January applying for the tax liability to be coded out, but in a couple of cases have received recent statements showing the tax as underpaid (plus interest), and the code numbers without any reference to the tax.
- Auto-Enrolment 3,225 159
- How to consolidate an LLP? 209 7
- VAT on “Reimbursement” from third parties 110 4
- How to account for VAT on a newbuild that has been let 176 4
- Accounting for a VAT Group 52 1
- Accountants who provide tech/IT advice 516 2
- Research expenses for authors 194 3
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 73 2
- Late VAT registration penalty 120 3
- HMRC website 102 1
- VAT 66 1
- Tax treatment on the sale of a business 374 18
- Company incorrectly marked 'dormant' by HMRC 121 1
- Pricing 236 8
- Sage error message 70 1
- VAT on converted property having opted to tax 211 8
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 241 3
- Money laundering POCA 227 4
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 114 1
- P11d mistake 136 1
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 502
- Skandia using wrong address 451
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 266
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 242
- Employee rewards 238
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 209
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 203
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 187
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 183
- Etax Australian 153