2008 Tax Liability and coding out in 2009.
When submitting 2008 tax returns online, and applying for the tax liability to be coded out in 2009/10 I think the deadline was supposed to be 31st December.
However I'm sure that I read somewhere that due to software glitch HMRC extended this deadline to 31st January.
Am I right with this, and if so can someone point me to the official statement please?
I submitted a few tax returns towards end of January applying for the tax liability to be coded out, but in a couple of cases have received recent statements showing the tax as underpaid (plus interest), and the code numbers without any reference to the tax.
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 177 5
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,491 41
- Directors Remunerations and Employees on CT600 123 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 321 1
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 242 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,241 19
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 378 6
- Go Cardless 393 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 346 3
- Mehjoo 341 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 168 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 433 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 203 4
- SA302 353 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 299 13
- Bringing money to Uk 308 4
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 224 4
- Hmrc software 268 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 216 1
- Hosted email exchange 199 5
- Xtuple 526
- Qtac payroll for bureau 358
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 302
- Industrial & Provident Societies 295
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 239
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 218
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 218
- Domain name sale and limited company 185
- CIS schemes 182
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 158