2008 Tax Liability and coding out in 2009.
When submitting 2008 tax returns online, and applying for the tax liability to be coded out in 2009/10 I think the deadline was supposed to be 31st December.
However I'm sure that I read somewhere that due to software glitch HMRC extended this deadline to 31st January.
Am I right with this, and if so can someone point me to the official statement please?
I submitted a few tax returns towards end of January applying for the tax liability to be coded out, but in a couple of cases have received recent statements showing the tax as underpaid (plus interest), and the code numbers without any reference to the tax.
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 95 3
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 229 1
- will this work for IHT 251 2
- Best software for small practice? 636 20
- Paid too much !! 260 2
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,745 39
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 264 7
- Taxfiler been down since mid-afternoon 215 5
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 486 17
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 126 1
- Company separation for Wholesale & Retail businesses 105 1
- Selling a VAT Qualifying vehicle at a loss 111 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 480 15
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 751 11
- Sports Sponsorship 159 1
- New Shareholder and Purchase of Own Share 275 17
- Opt To Tax Refund 214 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 265 6
- Is the CT61 return dead? 1,331 14
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,277 21
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 769
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 455
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 276
- DTA tie-breaker issue 263
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 249
- CGT for NOn UK residents 224
- Apprenticeship Levy 203
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 192
- Capital Gains personal representatives 182
- Just checking re PSA 175