2008 Tax Liability and coding out in 2009.
When submitting 2008 tax returns online, and applying for the tax liability to be coded out in 2009/10 I think the deadline was supposed to be 31st December.
However I'm sure that I read somewhere that due to software glitch HMRC extended this deadline to 31st January.
Am I right with this, and if so can someone point me to the official statement please?
I submitted a few tax returns towards end of January applying for the tax liability to be coded out, but in a couple of cases have received recent statements showing the tax as underpaid (plus interest), and the code numbers without any reference to the tax.
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 503 20
- Software 309 8
- Company dividends 370 12
- Tax return filed on time but payment late 384 6
- SA late payment penalty 165 3
- Death of taxpayer - personal allowance 283 8
- No codes in Sage 50 Nominal List? 87 1
- Copy Wanted 636 1
- Might income tax be payable on these gifts? 91 2
- How Long does it take to get an Agent ID 99 2
- Private Residence Relief after gift 104 3
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,410 81
- Buy to let property : Is parking bay tax deductible ? 255 5
- When is golf coaching a vatable supply? 163 2
- Comany ceasing to trade 153 2
- French resident, split year & UK close company dividends 116 1
- Closing a limited company 212 5
- Rental Income for Child Benefit Charge 150 2
- Obtaining old payslips & correcting historic tax overpayment 141 3
- Window Comb Binder Cover 356 6
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 852
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 541
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 512
- Latest phishing scam 397
- Entrepreneurs' relief 372
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 330
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 312
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 299
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 211
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 190