52 week Financial Year
Our business is very much a weekly cycle, social housing . I am considering a proposal to make our accounting year 52 weeks (with 53 weeks every 4 years) to ensure that our internal management control and performance indicators, regulator performance indicators and our annual reports are consistent.
I have known, in the past , companies with year ends that are not a fixed calendar date and were in line with business cycles.
I would appreciate any comments and observations including examples of companies that have variable year end close dates.
- Family Partnership 232 6
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 33 1
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 139 4
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 78 2
- flat rate scheme 2,319 47
- Signed accounts for bank 633 14
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 826 12
- Business lending another business money (UK) 286 7
- Deferring dividends on paper 161 5
- VAT Query on new build 95 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 136 1
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 143 4
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 87 1
- P11D Car Value 255 6
- NOVA declaration 103 1
- Business valuation advice 705 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,502 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,225 23
- Can anybody recommend any software 290 2
- Stand alone practice management software 2,106 26