52 week Financial Year
Our business is very much a weekly cycle, social housing . I am considering a proposal to make our accounting year 52 weeks (with 53 weeks every 4 years) to ensure that our internal management control and performance indicators, regulator performance indicators and our annual reports are consistent.
I have known, in the past , companies with year ends that are not a fixed calendar date and were in line with business cycles.
I would appreciate any comments and observations including examples of companies that have variable year end close dates.
- CGT &LLP 38 1
- BrightPay 338 8
- SDLT on Land Transfer to Connected Company and Averaging Relief 167 16
- Secure document exchange 96 3
- Question for FreeAgent users 147 4
- Any way of declaring a variable dividend? 374 7
- break even point 129 5
- Charity recouping VAT via a separate company 106 3
- Fax to email providers 320 11
- Payroll software 207 11
- Ghost messages from HMRC...... 116 1
- Amending supplier account code in Sage 50 133 4
- How to issue shares to investors 60 1
- Expense management software 623 12
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,093 84
- Tax code 130 1
- Payroll Manager - seperate monthly & weekly 357 6
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 1,411 28
- Hello there 376 2
- Tax on sale of business when proceeds are deferred 127 2