52 week Financial Year
Our business is very much a weekly cycle, social housing . I am considering a proposal to make our accounting year 52 weeks (with 53 weeks every 4 years) to ensure that our internal management control and performance indicators, regulator performance indicators and our annual reports are consistent.
I have known, in the past , companies with year ends that are not a fixed calendar date and were in line with business cycles.
I would appreciate any comments and observations including examples of companies that have variable year end close dates.
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 376 6
- Stumped - IHT 29 1
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 446 11
- Tips on meals 87 1
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,263 33
- Credit management tools 82 1
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 59 2
- property capital gains 63 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 758 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 341 7
- CGT and primary residence 130 1
- Marriage Allowance 217 3
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,116 12
- S455 and February year ends 279 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 859 18
- Closing down loss-making company 431 5
- S.455 Tax again 276 3
- New Build 332 2
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 373 4
- Mortgage Reference 786 10