ACA or ACCA
I am a CIMA qualified accountant in practice and I am looking to improve the marketing of my practice through joining either ACCA or ICAEW, I have fulfilled the criteria for both organisations and now I have to choose.
From members experiences, which one is best? I seem to hear a lot of horror stories about practice assurance with ICAEW, and ACCA is a globally recognised qualification.
I am not going to be doing audits and am targeting small to medium sized businesses.
From a marketing point of view, I currently think that the ICAEW is the better option because everybody has heard of 'Chartered Accountants', whereas Chartered Certified Accountant or Chartered Management Accountant take a bit more explaining.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
- Lets hear it for HMRC! 217 2
- Don't HMRC collect CT anymore? 31 1
- Starting new accounting business 310 6
- Leaving the flat rate scheme 146 4
- error on companies house accounts 742 18
- RTI penalties 97 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 518 7
- Bookkeeping software for cafe and VAT 156 2
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 311 5
- US Sales Tax 113 1
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 368 15
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 200 3
- Simplified auto enrolment? 151 1
- Group Relief 131 4
- R&D Credits 105 1
- Is the annual Money Laundering Payment tax allowable 254 7
- VAT Reg.for sole trader with 2 S/E 135 2
- Clients 684 14
- Advice needed on my practice but not my clients 334 4
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 469 10
- QROP pension input amounts 501
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 482
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 445
- EPS and CIS deductions 299
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 291
- Construction CIS LLP Company 285
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 250
- SAGE winforecast 205
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 187
- Overdrawn director account 174