ACA or ACCA
I am a CIMA qualified accountant in practice and I am looking to improve the marketing of my practice through joining either ACCA or ICAEW, I have fulfilled the criteria for both organisations and now I have to choose.
From members experiences, which one is best? I seem to hear a lot of horror stories about practice assurance with ICAEW, and ACCA is a globally recognised qualification.
I am not going to be doing audits and am targeting small to medium sized businesses.
From a marketing point of view, I currently think that the ICAEW is the better option because everybody has heard of 'Chartered Accountants', whereas Chartered Certified Accountant or Chartered Management Accountant take a bit more explaining.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 440 9
- Redundancy pay for directors? 174 5
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 413 5
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,774 47
- Small company audit 212 8
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 204 5
- What can my client claim r & d on? 212 5
- Problem partnership fees 121 1
- Car financed by employee 103 1
- Potential Customer Under VAT Threshold 99 1
- Undisclosed income 174 3
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 295 8
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 246 4
- Private Investment Company 138 1
- How familiar are accountants with community interest companies? 122 1
- New company - form a group? 202 3
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 801 17
- CIC Company 434 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,710 57
- Is this a scam? 823 8
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 605
- Cancelled 350
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 337
- Cancelled 288
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 260
- Probiz 247
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 203
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 188
- Car leasing scheme 184
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 178