ACA or ACCA
I am a CIMA qualified accountant in practice and I am looking to improve the marketing of my practice through joining either ACCA or ICAEW, I have fulfilled the criteria for both organisations and now I have to choose.
From members experiences, which one is best? I seem to hear a lot of horror stories about practice assurance with ICAEW, and ACCA is a globally recognised qualification.
I am not going to be doing audits and am targeting small to medium sized businesses.
From a marketing point of view, I currently think that the ICAEW is the better option because everybody has heard of 'Chartered Accountants', whereas Chartered Certified Accountant or Chartered Management Accountant take a bit more explaining.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
- Any Scottish members out there? 5,931 208
- Trademark Fun 96 5
- What's your best practice shortcut or 'hack'? 1,456 38
- Can I strike off a company by filing DS01 online? 123 2
- VAT Fuel Scale Charge for Fuel on Private/Personal Car 157 3
- Subsistence - god I hate it! 634 14
- How to issue a loan correctly? 175 2
- Would Director's dividends on non-voting C shares risk being classed as "earnings" for NIC purposes? 151 1
- Recycle old study books 349 9
- Share for share exchange 135 3
- Wind turbines 130 1
- Looking for a qualified accountant 509 2
- Locum Doctor claiming costs for Home Office 181 2
- FL Memo - Any Good 402 7
- VAT claim 353 6
- How to reclaim input tax from mixed use redevelopment? 161 6
- Am I allowed Rent A Room Relief? 401 9
- State Pension 1,209 10
- Late Corporation tax return 355 7
- The iIns and outs of VAT 378 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,057
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 339
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 287
- National Insurance 241
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 222
- Joint construction arrangement CIS and VAT 221
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 205
- Payments on account coded out?? 201
- Non Resident 159
- Franchise income and costs 139