ACA or ACCA
I am a CIMA qualified accountant in practice and I am looking to improve the marketing of my practice through joining either ACCA or ICAEW, I have fulfilled the criteria for both organisations and now I have to choose.
From members experiences, which one is best? I seem to hear a lot of horror stories about practice assurance with ICAEW, and ACCA is a globally recognised qualification.
I am not going to be doing audits and am targeting small to medium sized businesses.
From a marketing point of view, I currently think that the ICAEW is the better option because everybody has heard of 'Chartered Accountants', whereas Chartered Certified Accountant or Chartered Management Accountant take a bit more explaining.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 131 2
- Limited Company Contractor renting a house whilst working at a temporary location 135 3
- Capital Gain? 515 14
- thinking of starting up - AAT ACCA 231 5
- Sell business after leaving country 139 2
- How much to charge? 253 5
- CIMA MIP - wife joining business, non MIP 182 1
- Client with enquiry inro careless or negligent tax return 639 15
- Income tax on foreign dividends 244 2
- break even point 596 18
- Simple consolidation question 129 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 394 10
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 1,002 27
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 406 9
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 207 3
- Abolish the penalty regime 295 5
- Separating a business into retail and wholesale, with husband and wife as separate owner/managers. 185 4
- IHT Query 253 4
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 448 2
- BrightPay 700 22
- Possible Partnership? 468
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 444
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 431
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 235
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 230
- Clubs and Taxable Income 221
- New Fangled Penalties 220
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 216
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 188
- Loans to other companies 169