ACA or ACCA
I am a CIMA qualified accountant in practice and I am looking to improve the marketing of my practice through joining either ACCA or ICAEW, I have fulfilled the criteria for both organisations and now I have to choose.
From members experiences, which one is best? I seem to hear a lot of horror stories about practice assurance with ICAEW, and ACCA is a globally recognised qualification.
I am not going to be doing audits and am targeting small to medium sized businesses.
From a marketing point of view, I currently think that the ICAEW is the better option because everybody has heard of 'Chartered Accountants', whereas Chartered Certified Accountant or Chartered Management Accountant take a bit more explaining.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 440 4
- VAT on new builds 84 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 649 16
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 323 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 96 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 88 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 98 1
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,784 26
- Missing tax return 133 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 900 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 268 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 148 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 542 18
- Physiotherapy 223 3
- Inflation and fees 1,197 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 145 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 267 8
- CGT help please 129 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 332 7
- Cashflow forecasting software 117 2