ACA or ACCA
I am a CIMA qualified accountant in practice and I am looking to improve the marketing of my practice through joining either ACCA or ICAEW, I have fulfilled the criteria for both organisations and now I have to choose.
From members experiences, which one is best? I seem to hear a lot of horror stories about practice assurance with ICAEW, and ACCA is a globally recognised qualification.
I am not going to be doing audits and am targeting small to medium sized businesses.
From a marketing point of view, I currently think that the ICAEW is the better option because everybody has heard of 'Chartered Accountants', whereas Chartered Certified Accountant or Chartered Management Accountant take a bit more explaining.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
- Starting your response in the subject line of the form 553 18
- Staff training 1,506 13
- are we that stupid 480 11
- Spread Betting and Forex Trading 231 3
- Goodwill on incorporation 168 2
- Company Strike off 245 10
- Is there a UK CGT base cost on the sale of these shares? 117 1
- Company Limited by Guarantee 242 4
- Inexpensive CRM for small accountancy practice? 151 2
- wife as partner 1,045 7
- Self Assessment penalties again 164 2
- VAT B2B EU service - curious 295 6
- 'Careless' Self Assessment Error 385 8
- HMRC Security Deposit 1,386 19
- living will or LPA? 100 1
- Practice software 1,360 19
- Job costing 217 1
- is anybody using iris and sql server standard 2014? 251 5
- Shares held in trust 191 4
- Servicing AE fees 363 7
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 327
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 323
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 281
- French ConnectionUK 258
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 237
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 211
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 209
- Tax surcharge appeal - where to send ? 148
- Agricultural Flat Rate Scheme 146
- Indian Provident Fund 139