ACA or ACCA
I am a CIMA qualified accountant in practice and I am looking to improve the marketing of my practice through joining either ACCA or ICAEW, I have fulfilled the criteria for both organisations and now I have to choose.
From members experiences, which one is best? I seem to hear a lot of horror stories about practice assurance with ICAEW, and ACCA is a globally recognised qualification.
I am not going to be doing audits and am targeting small to medium sized businesses.
From a marketing point of view, I currently think that the ICAEW is the better option because everybody has heard of 'Chartered Accountants', whereas Chartered Certified Accountant or Chartered Management Accountant take a bit more explaining.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
- Vat registration exception 188 3
- How can I deal with an unethical accountant? 112 3
- CIS software 56 2
- Homing sandwiches 437 11
- CT600 105 3
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 165 7
- Settlement discount 122 4
- signature required 498 21
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 509 9
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 177 5
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 165 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 116 2
- Pratice Management Software 116 1
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 204 10
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 129 1
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 186 2
- Related Party Transactions 121 2
- UK resident receiving USA pension 109 1
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 466 9
- Sage payroll alternatives 765 13
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,239
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 810
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 520
- Digita Hosted Software 335
- Credit where credit's due....... 311
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 236
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 192
- TheTax Donut 178
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 158
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 158