ACA or ACCA
I am a CIMA qualified accountant in practice and I am looking to improve the marketing of my practice through joining either ACCA or ICAEW, I have fulfilled the criteria for both organisations and now I have to choose.
From members experiences, which one is best? I seem to hear a lot of horror stories about practice assurance with ICAEW, and ACCA is a globally recognised qualification.
I am not going to be doing audits and am targeting small to medium sized businesses.
From a marketing point of view, I currently think that the ICAEW is the better option because everybody has heard of 'Chartered Accountants', whereas Chartered Certified Accountant or Chartered Management Accountant take a bit more explaining.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
- VAT registration on digital services supplied outside UK within EU 41 2
- Payroll cessation and missing overtime 135 2
- Company assets 337 15
- Self assessment 134 1
- Self Help Accountancy Book for Client 118 2
- Claiming VAT 98 2
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 1,096 15
- VAT on Acquisitions and Exempt Supplier 168 4
- MoneySoft 117 1
- Corporation tax on gains from one company to another 265 10
- HMRC website & Adobe Reader 265 5
- Basis period (2nd yr) for a partnership, please any suggestions would be really helpful 149 1
- Auto-enrolment - fact or fiction? 497 9
- Director resignation 736 21
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 1,795 30
- Additional information attached to accounts 155 1
- CIS Only Scheme 105 1
- No payroll scheme in place 343 1
- Xero Training 392 3
- SA Penalty 235 1
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 503
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 476
- Is there anything wrong with this? 278
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 264
- Uncommercial property business 241
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 203
- Registering online CWF1 183
- Accrued income scheme 178
- VAT - registration needed? 174
- Zoho software in small accounting and bookkeeping practice 174