ACA or ACCA
I am a CIMA qualified accountant in practice and I am looking to improve the marketing of my practice through joining either ACCA or ICAEW, I have fulfilled the criteria for both organisations and now I have to choose.
From members experiences, which one is best? I seem to hear a lot of horror stories about practice assurance with ICAEW, and ACCA is a globally recognised qualification.
I am not going to be doing audits and am targeting small to medium sized businesses.
From a marketing point of view, I currently think that the ICAEW is the better option because everybody has heard of 'Chartered Accountants', whereas Chartered Certified Accountant or Chartered Management Accountant take a bit more explaining.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
- SA302's anyone?? 597 17
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 49 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 341 12
- Cash in Hand 95 2
- Buy to let and capitak gain 147 4
- Busines software 142 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 192 6
- Converting a barn for business use 184 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 304 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 312 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 475 10
- are receipts needed? 607 16
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 299 3
- Bookkeping software 719 7
- Clogged Losses 282 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 266 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 657 10
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 318 7
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 267 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 126 1
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 909
- International interest certificate 521
- NOVA 371
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 321
- Management expenses for investment company 275
- Bonus Bonds 267
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 183
- P11D benefit received by widow 161
- EXACT ONLINE 156
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 152