ACA or ACCA
I am a CIMA qualified accountant in practice and I am looking to improve the marketing of my practice through joining either ACCA or ICAEW, I have fulfilled the criteria for both organisations and now I have to choose.
From members experiences, which one is best? I seem to hear a lot of horror stories about practice assurance with ICAEW, and ACCA is a globally recognised qualification.
I am not going to be doing audits and am targeting small to medium sized businesses.
From a marketing point of view, I currently think that the ICAEW is the better option because everybody has heard of 'Chartered Accountants', whereas Chartered Certified Accountant or Chartered Management Accountant take a bit more explaining.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 250 3
- Cocaine anyone? 94 2
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,460 21
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 809 25
- ACCA - still making me laugh 434 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 244 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 314 11
- Tax return software for remote working 467 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 520 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 431 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 444 9
- How to purchase business premises? 154 2
- Will I need to resign? 813 10
- Childcare vouchers 170 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 272 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 299 6
- VAT avoidance? 225 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 185 3
- PAYE coding out 186 3
- Follower cases 575 2
- Hive up 470
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 438
- corporate hierarchy 416
- Advice - 244
- Amortisation of Goodwill 218
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 205
- WWOOFers 200
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 182
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 180
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 178