ACA or ACCA
I am a CIMA qualified accountant in practice and I am looking to improve the marketing of my practice through joining either ACCA or ICAEW, I have fulfilled the criteria for both organisations and now I have to choose.
From members experiences, which one is best? I seem to hear a lot of horror stories about practice assurance with ICAEW, and ACCA is a globally recognised qualification.
I am not going to be doing audits and am targeting small to medium sized businesses.
From a marketing point of view, I currently think that the ICAEW is the better option because everybody has heard of 'Chartered Accountants', whereas Chartered Certified Accountant or Chartered Management Accountant take a bit more explaining.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 352 5
- Your fondest calculator memories 454 25
- Can't understand my own electricity / gas bills 293 13
- Has been asked before but help needed 106 3
- Consequential loss claim 38 1
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 170 11
- private to company car? 67 2
- Does anyone do payrolling of benefits? 118 1
- Anyone having problems with IRIS OpenSpace? 145 4
- Sub-contractor provided with a vehicle 216 8
- Sale of an investment between group companies 100 4
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 847 32
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 390 12
- RTI - EPS - ??? 257 4
- That old chestnut 594 9
- Sale of part of business & Entrepreneur's Relief 66 1
- Partner with an IVA 115 4
- Joint filing delays 68 2
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 206 4
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 1,282 18
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 442
- CTA study material 407
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 296
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 271
- Pre incorp expenses 263
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 233
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 226
- Slight twist on employment related securities 202
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 171
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 168