ACA or ACCA
I am a CIMA qualified accountant in practice and I am looking to improve the marketing of my practice through joining either ACCA or ICAEW, I have fulfilled the criteria for both organisations and now I have to choose.
From members experiences, which one is best? I seem to hear a lot of horror stories about practice assurance with ICAEW, and ACCA is a globally recognised qualification.
I am not going to be doing audits and am targeting small to medium sized businesses.
From a marketing point of view, I currently think that the ICAEW is the better option because everybody has heard of 'Chartered Accountants', whereas Chartered Certified Accountant or Chartered Management Accountant take a bit more explaining.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
- Self assessment tax arrears 431 4
- Ltd company or sole trader 498 12
- overdrawn directors loan 98 4
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 29 1
- P35 and Service Company questions 279 7
- Should the Report of the Director be included in the interim financial statements of a small company 144 2
- Fee protection 647 12
- Rights of Alphabet shares 250 8
- Excel formula 490 10
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 818 34
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 110 2
- Disposal of an opted property 64 1
- Forfeited despoit for property - allowable loss? 98 2
- New charity 102 1
- Self assesment losses 109 2
- Repairs or Improvement? 196 4
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 153 3
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 361 1
- Partnership UTRs 129 4
- Transfer of shares 476 17
- Xtuple 558
- Qtac payroll for bureau 378
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 329
- Industrial & Provident Societies 318
- CIS schemes 238
- Domain name sale and limited company 213
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 195
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 194
- Investment 194
- Tax on damages received 156