ACA or ACCA
I am a CIMA qualified accountant in practice and I am looking to improve the marketing of my practice through joining either ACCA or ICAEW, I have fulfilled the criteria for both organisations and now I have to choose.
From members experiences, which one is best? I seem to hear a lot of horror stories about practice assurance with ICAEW, and ACCA is a globally recognised qualification.
I am not going to be doing audits and am targeting small to medium sized businesses.
From a marketing point of view, I currently think that the ICAEW is the better option because everybody has heard of 'Chartered Accountants', whereas Chartered Certified Accountant or Chartered Management Accountant take a bit more explaining.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
- pension contribution annual allowance charge 20 1
- Dominant influence and intercompany loans 239 6
- CIS 29 1
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 591 12
- Tax relief on Enterprise Investment Scheme subscriptions 93 1
- Really?! 662 9
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 277 4
- Bookkeeping question for Finance Lease payments 158 3
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 447 6
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 888 12
- Is the CT61 return dead? 265 4
- Car Purchase 124 1
- Directors liability insurance and scope 158 7
- IR35 114 1
- Car benefit or not? 1,910 18
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 280 3
- Questions from Liquidator 2,264 24
- Drawing Down Directors Current account 1,577 9
- backpack 237 2
- VAT - Medical Staff 134 1
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 703
- 2015 tax year end 436
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 412
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 350
- Costly Accounting Software contract 302
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 254
- Directors' advances and credits 249
- DTA tie-breaker issue 238
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 220
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 201