ACA or ACCA
I am a CIMA qualified accountant in practice and I am looking to improve the marketing of my practice through joining either ACCA or ICAEW, I have fulfilled the criteria for both organisations and now I have to choose.
From members experiences, which one is best? I seem to hear a lot of horror stories about practice assurance with ICAEW, and ACCA is a globally recognised qualification.
I am not going to be doing audits and am targeting small to medium sized businesses.
From a marketing point of view, I currently think that the ICAEW is the better option because everybody has heard of 'Chartered Accountants', whereas Chartered Certified Accountant or Chartered Management Accountant take a bit more explaining.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
- AIA and WDA 48 5
- Journals to Creditors Control 90 4
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 897 41
- Treatment of Asset Disposal for Tax Purposes 77 4
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 180 6
- What sectors to target? 380 17
- Companies House late filing penalties 3,177 106
- Is sideways loss relief per trade or all trades aggregated 54 1
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,313 40
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 457 16
- Refusing to complete a tax return 508 11
- Repayment of maternity pay 120 2
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 160 9
- Duplicate emails from AWeb 149 10
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 907 16
- Self assesment online 623 7
- Dissolved company with o/s corporation tax 256 6
- Practice management 257 4
- Teacher doing marking - tax deducted 473 6
- More NI or same 159 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 913
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 630
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 588
- Latest phishing scam 556
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 386
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 289
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 213
- Scratch Head 203
- Capital allowances in first basis period 199
- Sabbatical payments 187