ACCA or CIMA.....or both? confused as to which one i should do.....
I am leaning towards ACCA, as it is more flexible than CIMA. Moreover i could open my own pratice someday.
However CIMA is also very tempting as it is more respected, and has a stellar reputation.....from what i can gather...
Moreover nearly all the executives at my workplace are ACCA trained (albeit they all trained at large firms)... Is this changing, are CIMA trained individuals beginning to occupy top positions in companies. I am considering doing CIMA first, and then spend a however long it takes is to do ACCA (i think its 1 year).
Has anyone here done both?
Help please........what would you do....?
I am 24 and a pure accountancy graduate.....and very confused....
Many thanks in advance....
- VT Final Accounts puts "Cost of Sales - Carriage" and "Cost of Sales - Other Costs" into "Other Costs". Is that compulsory? It seems mad. 133 3
- What do you all do in your spare time? 476 23
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 254 5
- Partial PPR relief to non-resident after 05 Apr 2015 136 1
- Accounting Package for Projects 52 2
- Purchased Goodwill 34 1
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 63 1
- Are accountants keeping up with the pace of change? 153 4
- Recruitment agencies 568 1
- Do you charge fee or % for Successful appeal against HMRC penalties? 502 20
- SAGE 50 PAYROLL YEAR END 189 4
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 257 9
- HMRC RANT!!!! 425 8
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,358 19
- Scams are not always obvious 1,987 33
- Design your ideal tax department 955 21
- Does HMRC penalties apply if directors file 145 2
- VTS or VT Software ???? 114 1
- Limited Companies, Directors Employer Registration P11D 257 10
- Over the VAT threshold 131 2
- New Fangled Penalties 1,071
- Moving away from CCH software 924
- QROP pension input amounts 422
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 369
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 332
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 307
- fraud 257
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 233
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 205
- Construction CIS LLP Company 188