Access to PAYE records online
The Working Together discussion group looked a while ago at getting access to client PAYE records online - particularly payment details. In view of the new penalties for late in-year payments you may regard this is important.
The response we got from HMRC was that there were proposals for providing access to payment history for agents but that this would be by requesting a printout to be sent. It would seem that even that somewhat unsatisfactory option is not going to be available anytime soon due to lack of funding.
What do you think about this? Is it sufficiently important to be worth lobbying for. If you could comment below, and those who do think it is an issue could ask their professional body to take this up for them. That way we should get a lot of responses and then try and get a head of steam up.
- Xerocon 2016 1,023 24
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,192 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 237 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 252 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 600 12
- Personal Tax 501 11
- USA Tax Query 176 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,661 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 946 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 300 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 602 18
- Corrupt Excel File 675 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 354 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,976 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 290 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 416 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 181 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 346 4
- last minute request 524 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,254 46