Accountancy as a career?
I am currently researching a career in accountancy. I am looking for further details of the following subjects, and would be grateful if you could suggest any suitable on-line sources that would offer relevant information:
How should I choose the professional body that I will be a member of?
What does the day-to-day work of an accountant involve?
Is it possible to see past papers or syllabi for accountancy examinations?
Which firms offer graduates the opportunity to undertake work experience with them?
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 313 16
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 921 44
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,254 417
- Is this fraud? 500 12
- Likely interaction of new Onshore Employment Intermediaries Act with IR35 ? 55 1
- Furnished lettings criteria 258 4
- Sole trader - Normal Bank account used for business? 26 1
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 152 4
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 143 1
- Naming new company 303 6
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 485 20
- Saying goodbye 529 14
- Opening start-up business bank accounts 131 1
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 193 4
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 646 5
- Pension Contributions Relief 395 12
- Revaluation of investment proeprty 90 1
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 791 7
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,485 31
- Tax on private fuel for own car 222 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,281
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 457
- National Insurance 354
- Non Resident 273
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 265
- Franchise income and costs 243
- Hands on experience of Digita 205
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 151
- Employer's Helpline 151
- employment capital allowances 142