Accountancy as a career?
I am currently researching a career in accountancy. I am looking for further details of the following subjects, and would be grateful if you could suggest any suitable on-line sources that would offer relevant information:
How should I choose the professional body that I will be a member of?
What does the day-to-day work of an accountant involve?
Is it possible to see past papers or syllabi for accountancy examinations?
Which firms offer graduates the opportunity to undertake work experience with them?
- Error or mistake claims (as was) 89 1
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 799 17
- Partnership profit share - tax efficient for husband and wife 157 3
- Property scam victim 315 5
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 256 9
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 240 6
- How to use importing procedure for Transfers between the bank accounts 54 1
- Have i messed up? 748 11
- VAT on garage rent 130 8
- Are HMRC getting it right? 423 8
- 10 year debentures and CT 56 1
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 103 2
- Tasks for new trainees 147 3
- Obvious Question but if NOT registered for VAT EU refunds as under minimum amounts, what does an expense get recorded as for UK VAT return? 69 1
- COMPANY DIRECTOR 72 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 566 15
- Offshore insurance bonds 105 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,648 46
- Tax Returns, 2011-2012 260 6
- Aggressive HMRC 1,813 19
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,092
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 575
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 383
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 288
- Charge out rates in London? 242
- Interest on Loan to a Company 189
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 174
- Agent fees to sell business 163
- Alphabet shares 160
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 154