Accountancy as a career?
I am currently researching a career in accountancy. I am looking for further details of the following subjects, and would be grateful if you could suggest any suitable on-line sources that would offer relevant information:
How should I choose the professional body that I will be a member of?
What does the day-to-day work of an accountant involve?
Is it possible to see past papers or syllabi for accountancy examinations?
Which firms offer graduates the opportunity to undertake work experience with them?
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 2,194 17
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,325 21
- CIS and Close Company 121 3
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 301 1
- VAT Option to tax 470 17
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 172 6
- Capital allowance vehicle exchange 197 7
- S162 and Capital Allowances 130 2
- Director leaving in month 1 152 2
- Ex Gratia payments 90 1
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 284 3
- Unaudited accounts and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation 171 4
- Selling assets to yourself ? 196 3
- 24 Month Rule - New Employer 190 3
- Director's remuneration accrual 178 4
- IHT - clawback of BPR 55 1
- EIS - connection through employment 96 2
- HMRC Dispensation - How long does it last for? 251 3
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 64 1
- Correct tax & VAT treatment of local overnight expenses 233 4
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 911
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 641
- Free Tax Legislation? 405
- Director Loan account operation 401
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 340
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 319
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 225
- Paye procedures for CVA 221
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 187
- Pension Fixed Protection 163