Accountancy as a career?
I am currently researching a career in accountancy. I am looking for further details of the following subjects, and would be grateful if you could suggest any suitable on-line sources that would offer relevant information:
How should I choose the professional body that I will be a member of?
What does the day-to-day work of an accountant involve?
Is it possible to see past papers or syllabi for accountancy examinations?
Which firms offer graduates the opportunity to undertake work experience with them?
- Limited Company Contractor renting a house whilst working at a temporary location 166 5
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 538 11
- thinking of starting up - AAT ACCA 256 6
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 145 2
- Capital Gain? 518 14
- Sell business after leaving country 151 2
- How much to charge? 276 5
- CIMA MIP - wife joining business, non MIP 190 1
- Client with enquiry inro careless or negligent tax return 644 15
- Income tax on foreign dividends 248 2
- break even point 597 18
- Simple consolidation question 137 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 396 10
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 1,008 27
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 408 9
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 212 3
- Abolish the penalty regime 303 5
- Separating a business into retail and wholesale, with husband and wife as separate owner/managers. 192 4
- IHT Query 260 4
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 448 2
- Possible Partnership? 469
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 444
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 431
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 236
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 231
- New Fangled Penalties 224
- Clubs and Taxable Income 222
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 218
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 194
- Loans to other companies 170