Accountant gone AWOL
One of my recent client is having real problems getting hold of his previous accountant to get all his paperwork back.
The clients total VAT reclaim on his purchases was disallowed since he did not produce evidence of purchase invoice for a van.
The client has tried contacting the accountant several times. The client knows that the accountant is abroad doing some charity work. He does not know when the accountant will be back. It has now been a two months.
I wrote to HMRC explaning the situation. No response on this.
HMRC are chasing (debt collectors) the client for the full VAT on his sales without deduction for purchases. He explained the situation to them. They just advised him to change accountants.
What can be done
- Get HMRC off the client's back for a month or so?
- If clients is not able to get the documentation from the previous accountant on time.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 686 5
- See you all on the other side 725 6
- 12Pay 490 2
- dividends 679 2
- R&D 340 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,204 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 455 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 444 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 399 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 560 5
- Seeking a tax case 667 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 530 4
- Companies house strike off 606 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 454 2
- Moving to the cloud 762 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 222 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 923 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 223 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,105 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 515 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 568
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 423
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 377
- IRIS and FRS 102 357
- Capitalising Finance Lease 335
- Marginal rates of tax 321
- USA help 321
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 318
- Class 2 NI 306
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 298