Accountant gone AWOL
One of my recent client is having real problems getting hold of his previous accountant to get all his paperwork back.
The clients total VAT reclaim on his purchases was disallowed since he did not produce evidence of purchase invoice for a van.
The client has tried contacting the accountant several times. The client knows that the accountant is abroad doing some charity work. He does not know when the accountant will be back. It has now been a two months.
I wrote to HMRC explaning the situation. No response on this.
HMRC are chasing (debt collectors) the client for the full VAT on his sales without deduction for purchases. He explained the situation to them. They just advised him to change accountants.
What can be done
- Get HMRC off the client's back for a month or so?
- If clients is not able to get the documentation from the previous accountant on time.
- Any Scottish members out there? 5,937 208
- Trademark Fun 105 5
- What's your best practice shortcut or 'hack'? 1,462 38
- Can I strike off a company by filing DS01 online? 130 2
- VAT Fuel Scale Charge for Fuel on Private/Personal Car 161 3
- Subsistence - god I hate it! 637 14
- How to issue a loan correctly? 182 2
- Would Director's dividends on non-voting C shares risk being classed as "earnings" for NIC purposes? 157 1
- Recycle old study books 352 9
- Share for share exchange 141 3
- Wind turbines 135 1
- Looking for a qualified accountant 509 2
- Locum Doctor claiming costs for Home Office 185 2
- FL Memo - Any Good 405 7
- VAT claim 355 6
- How to reclaim input tax from mixed use redevelopment? 163 6
- Am I allowed Rent A Room Relief? 403 9
- State Pension 1,212 10
- Late Corporation tax return 356 7
- The iIns and outs of VAT 379 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,057
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 339
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 287
- National Insurance 241
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 222
- Joint construction arrangement CIS and VAT 221
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 206
- Payments on account coded out?? 201
- Non Resident 159
- Franchise income and costs 141