Accountant gone AWOL
One of my recent client is having real problems getting hold of his previous accountant to get all his paperwork back.
The clients total VAT reclaim on his purchases was disallowed since he did not produce evidence of purchase invoice for a van.
The client has tried contacting the accountant several times. The client knows that the accountant is abroad doing some charity work. He does not know when the accountant will be back. It has now been a two months.
I wrote to HMRC explaning the situation. No response on this.
HMRC are chasing (debt collectors) the client for the full VAT on his sales without deduction for purchases. He explained the situation to them. They just advised him to change accountants.
What can be done
- Get HMRC off the client's back for a month or so?
- If clients is not able to get the documentation from the previous accountant on time.
- break even point 366 12
- Is this acceptable advice for limited co 740 18
- Setting up an offshore company 201 3
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 84 2
- Is this a scam? 879 16
- 3 Days Grace for late FPS's? 75 2
- Profit split on buy-to let 186 3
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 38 1
- client issues 158 3
- Payroll software 312 12
- Sage Line 50 Help 52 1
- Ghost messages from HMRC...... 264 3
- Failure to operate PAYE 394 20
- Rip off letting agents 591 12
- VAT silly question 2,121 44
- Automatic Enrolment Letter code 148 3
- online book keeping systems - what happens after you stop paying? 300 7
- BrightPay 458 12
- Question for FreeAgent users 202 6
- Hello there 503 4