Accountant gone AWOL
One of my recent client is having real problems getting hold of his previous accountant to get all his paperwork back.
The clients total VAT reclaim on his purchases was disallowed since he did not produce evidence of purchase invoice for a van.
The client has tried contacting the accountant several times. The client knows that the accountant is abroad doing some charity work. He does not know when the accountant will be back. It has now been a two months.
I wrote to HMRC explaning the situation. No response on this.
HMRC are chasing (debt collectors) the client for the full VAT on his sales without deduction for purchases. He explained the situation to them. They just advised him to change accountants.
What can be done
- Get HMRC off the client's back for a month or so?
- If clients is not able to get the documentation from the previous accountant on time.
- property capital gains 141 2
- Transferring DLA between Directors 131 1
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,155 13
- Tips on meals 172 2
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 512 10
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 151 3
- Personal Tax 725 13
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 167 2
- Stumped - IHT 136 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 409 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 473 11
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,283 33
- Credit management tools 139 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 771 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 395 7
- CGT and primary residence 174 1
- Marriage Allowance 273 3
- S455 and February year ends 330 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 889 18
- Closing down loss-making company 458 5