Accountant gone AWOL
One of my recent client is having real problems getting hold of his previous accountant to get all his paperwork back.
The clients total VAT reclaim on his purchases was disallowed since he did not produce evidence of purchase invoice for a van.
The client has tried contacting the accountant several times. The client knows that the accountant is abroad doing some charity work. He does not know when the accountant will be back. It has now been a two months.
I wrote to HMRC explaning the situation. No response on this.
HMRC are chasing (debt collectors) the client for the full VAT on his sales without deduction for purchases. He explained the situation to them. They just advised him to change accountants.
What can be done
- Get HMRC off the client's back for a month or so?
- If clients is not able to get the documentation from the previous accountant on time.
- B2B vat in the EU 132 3
- Why should I retain membership? 2,713 47
- Coding Notice 148 4
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 131 3
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 113 2
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 434 7
- Vat 275 7
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,273 13
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 338 7
- Recharge for private use of a company car 185 3
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 154 2
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,486 18
- CT/CIS offset 140 2
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 187 4
- Trade name 189 3
- Musician - Allowable Travel expenses 140 1
- New business - journal entries 320 20
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 317 18
- VAT on deposits 210 2
- VAT clearance for determining the correct rate to apply 145 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 812
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 710
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 390
- Social investment tax relief 209
- Digita Hosted Software 203
- Call Centre Data Costs 193
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 162
- Travel costs and contractors 156
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 148
- Certificates of tax deposit 140