Accountant gone AWOL
One of my recent client is having real problems getting hold of his previous accountant to get all his paperwork back.
The clients total VAT reclaim on his purchases was disallowed since he did not produce evidence of purchase invoice for a van.
The client has tried contacting the accountant several times. The client knows that the accountant is abroad doing some charity work. He does not know when the accountant will be back. It has now been a two months.
I wrote to HMRC explaning the situation. No response on this.
HMRC are chasing (debt collectors) the client for the full VAT on his sales without deduction for purchases. He explained the situation to them. They just advised him to change accountants.
What can be done
- Get HMRC off the client's back for a month or so?
- If clients is not able to get the documentation from the previous accountant on time.
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 388 4
- Employment support allowance and self employed 120 3
- Company pays me the mileage rate of a company vehicle 47 1
- Registered Office 128 3
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,470 23
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 309 5
- Partnership Registration 90 2
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 892 36
- Owners loan to business - is interest taxable 95 2
- Would this save hours of your time? 670 12
- Audit Required 1,181 22
- HMRC to sell our tax data to private companies 300 9
- Residential Management Companies 83 2
- Value pricing 2,847 37
- Problems with CT600 filing 395 5
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 388 11
- Payroll software for Mac 118 1
- Online / Cloud Data Back Up 108 2
- Excel problem - pivot tables and multiple data sources 214 5
- CIS and Close Company 204 6
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 941
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 659
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 395
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 330
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 258
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 248
- Paye procedures for CVA 247
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 194
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 191
- Pension Fixed Protection 185