Accountant gone AWOL
One of my recent client is having real problems getting hold of his previous accountant to get all his paperwork back.
The clients total VAT reclaim on his purchases was disallowed since he did not produce evidence of purchase invoice for a van.
The client has tried contacting the accountant several times. The client knows that the accountant is abroad doing some charity work. He does not know when the accountant will be back. It has now been a two months.
I wrote to HMRC explaning the situation. No response on this.
HMRC are chasing (debt collectors) the client for the full VAT on his sales without deduction for purchases. He explained the situation to them. They just advised him to change accountants.
What can be done
- Get HMRC off the client's back for a month or so?
- If clients is not able to get the documentation from the previous accountant on time.
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 132 3
- Scoot 164 4
- Zero Rated VAT on New Building 141 2
- Tax code for Companies House fees 184 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 656 11
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,438 20
- VAT customer is registered in France, goods shipped to the UK 101 1
- Regaining my qualification 174 2
- Self-Assessment - NIC Exemption 228 2
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 199 2
- Auto enrolment 184 3
- Shareholder agreement 165 3
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 193 3
- Company Reorganisation 157 3
- Employee Loan 198 2
- IRIS - Personal Tax - 2013/14 - Page UKP2 459 15
- Statutory residence test - transit days 582 5
- CGT - Is a calculation required now? 140 1
- Wear and tear allowance 461 6
- Accountants' Error 665 12
- Skandia using wrong address 1,447
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 757
- Any views 692
- HMRC Employers Diary 520
- International interest certificate 422
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 384
- Sale of business 350
- NOVA 258
- Advertising services? 249
- IRIS Open Books problem 240