Accountant gone AWOL
One of my recent client is having real problems getting hold of his previous accountant to get all his paperwork back.
The clients total VAT reclaim on his purchases was disallowed since he did not produce evidence of purchase invoice for a van.
The client has tried contacting the accountant several times. The client knows that the accountant is abroad doing some charity work. He does not know when the accountant will be back. It has now been a two months.
I wrote to HMRC explaning the situation. No response on this.
HMRC are chasing (debt collectors) the client for the full VAT on his sales without deduction for purchases. He explained the situation to them. They just advised him to change accountants.
What can be done
- Get HMRC off the client's back for a month or so?
- If clients is not able to get the documentation from the previous accountant on time.
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 210 2
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 1,963 9
- Company limited by guarantee having only 1 member 124 3
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 472 5
- flat rate scheme 159 3
- capital allowances - Demolition of a building 162 2
- Limited by Guarantee - Members 90 1
- VAT refund 320 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,284 37
- Turnover on a tax return 549 12
- incorrect old p60 563 15
- Company to buy shareholder land 133 4
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 183 1
- Posting Corp Tax to Sage Line 50 160 1
- Special dividends & CGT 205 1
- Networking 370 5
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 281 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 306 4
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 340 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 298 2