Accountant gone AWOL
One of my recent client is having real problems getting hold of his previous accountant to get all his paperwork back.
The clients total VAT reclaim on his purchases was disallowed since he did not produce evidence of purchase invoice for a van.
The client has tried contacting the accountant several times. The client knows that the accountant is abroad doing some charity work. He does not know when the accountant will be back. It has now been a two months.
I wrote to HMRC explaning the situation. No response on this.
HMRC are chasing (debt collectors) the client for the full VAT on his sales without deduction for purchases. He explained the situation to them. They just advised him to change accountants.
What can be done
- Get HMRC off the client's back for a month or so?
- If clients is not able to get the documentation from the previous accountant on time.
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 29 1
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 338 4
- FPS or EPS 110 2
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 1,983 17
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 228 3
- Continuity of Practice 158 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 109 2
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 304 10
- Scams are not always obvious 2,181 34
- Financial statements accounting policies 239 5
- Does Members voluntary liquidation require change of year end 146 3
- Market Value/Connected Persons 289 10
- Online Downtime 331 4
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 324 3
- What do you all do in your spare time? 786 31
- Personal allowance 671 15
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 176 2
- Google contacts sharing within our domain 444 6
- New Fangled Penalties 1,120 1
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 406 10
- Moving away from CCH software 944
- QROP pension input amounts 435
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 377
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 352
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 320
- fraud 276
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 250
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 219
- Construction CIS LLP Company 207
- EPS and CIS deductions 192