Accountant gone AWOL
One of my recent client is having real problems getting hold of his previous accountant to get all his paperwork back.
The clients total VAT reclaim on his purchases was disallowed since he did not produce evidence of purchase invoice for a van.
The client has tried contacting the accountant several times. The client knows that the accountant is abroad doing some charity work. He does not know when the accountant will be back. It has now been a two months.
I wrote to HMRC explaning the situation. No response on this.
HMRC are chasing (debt collectors) the client for the full VAT on his sales without deduction for purchases. He explained the situation to them. They just advised him to change accountants.
What can be done
- Get HMRC off the client's back for a month or so?
- If clients is not able to get the documentation from the previous accountant on time.
- Dispensation pointless ? 220 4
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 518 16
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 574 11
- Are bankruptcy restrictions order becoming more common? 181 4
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 299 6
- Charge out rates in London? 166 2
- Accounting jobs in the UK 58 1
- Negative retained earnings & Dividends 115 3
- pre letting expenses 148 2
- Expat working back in UK 94 3
- Are contractor travel expenses 82 1
- Who owns SAGE Data? 402 8
- Audit Exemption new rules 273 6
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 98 3
- change of paye software 509 13
- Which software for practice books? 467 19
- Several employments - large tax bill remaining 242 4
- CIS to 5/10/13 and HMRC Computer issue 529 2
- share capital calculation 274 14
- Renting property to yourself 460 12
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 736
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 475
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 290
- How to format a stock book 252
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 206
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 202
- Tax efficient holding company structure 190
- Investment property company accounts template 185
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 178
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 163