Accountant gone AWOL
One of my recent client is having real problems getting hold of his previous accountant to get all his paperwork back.
The clients total VAT reclaim on his purchases was disallowed since he did not produce evidence of purchase invoice for a van.
The client has tried contacting the accountant several times. The client knows that the accountant is abroad doing some charity work. He does not know when the accountant will be back. It has now been a two months.
I wrote to HMRC explaning the situation. No response on this.
HMRC are chasing (debt collectors) the client for the full VAT on his sales without deduction for purchases. He explained the situation to them. They just advised him to change accountants.
What can be done
- Get HMRC off the client's back for a month or so?
- If clients is not able to get the documentation from the previous accountant on time.
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 461 10
- Errors in prior year accounts 839 23
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,335 18
- What is going on with VAT applications?? 1,979 39
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,601 23
- VAT & capitalising 122 3
- Final year's accounts 147 1
- Do I Need A Balance Sheet? 269 5
- Self Assessment Tax Return Penalties 295 5
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 310 7
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 243 15
- Have we a distribution when we reduced our capital but it hadn't been registered? & tax implications in winding up 137 2
- What are options for non CA firm 1,978 36
- Invoice Help 249 7
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 179 3
- Employee overpaid who has left 252 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 240 3
- Sorry ignore me 907 24
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 591 5
- Free Shares ? 251 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 625
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 534
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 294
- Cancelled 285
- Cancelled 245
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 194
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 192
- Probiz 180
- Married woman dies owning marital home 169
- What's the market like for temps? 167