Accountant gone AWOL
One of my recent client is having real problems getting hold of his previous accountant to get all his paperwork back.
The clients total VAT reclaim on his purchases was disallowed since he did not produce evidence of purchase invoice for a van.
The client has tried contacting the accountant several times. The client knows that the accountant is abroad doing some charity work. He does not know when the accountant will be back. It has now been a two months.
I wrote to HMRC explaning the situation. No response on this.
HMRC are chasing (debt collectors) the client for the full VAT on his sales without deduction for purchases. He explained the situation to them. They just advised him to change accountants.
What can be done
- Get HMRC off the client's back for a month or so?
- If clients is not able to get the documentation from the previous accountant on time.
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,481 41
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 150 3
- Directors Remunerations and Employees on CT600 96 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 273 1
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 236 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,235 19
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 369 6
- Go Cardless 385 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 331 3
- Mehjoo 335 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 154 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 411 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 200 4
- SA302 347 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 297 13
- Bringing money to Uk 303 4
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 219 4
- Hmrc software 262 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 199 1
- Hosted email exchange 194 5
- Xtuple 522
- Qtac payroll for bureau 357
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 301
- Industrial & Provident Societies 294
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 238
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 216
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 212
- Domain name sale and limited company 183
- CIS schemes 179
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 155