Accountant gone AWOL
One of my recent client is having real problems getting hold of his previous accountant to get all his paperwork back.
The clients total VAT reclaim on his purchases was disallowed since he did not produce evidence of purchase invoice for a van.
The client has tried contacting the accountant several times. The client knows that the accountant is abroad doing some charity work. He does not know when the accountant will be back. It has now been a two months.
I wrote to HMRC explaning the situation. No response on this.
HMRC are chasing (debt collectors) the client for the full VAT on his sales without deduction for purchases. He explained the situation to them. They just advised him to change accountants.
What can be done
- Get HMRC off the client's back for a month or so?
- If clients is not able to get the documentation from the previous accountant on time.
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,040 13
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 139 2
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 163 4
- Any reasons for a dissolved company to comply with HMRC requesting Corporation Tax and Tax Returns 264 5
- Sage Line 50 49 1
- HMRC Post 235 4
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 129 1
- Freelance/Employee 557 14
- Should training costs being reclaimed be deducted from gross or net salary 205 3
- Can you have two types of sales? Sales with VAT and Sale without VAT? 488 11
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,864 57
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 325 8
- VAT FRS for a Formula 2 Racing Driver 186 3
- Employment Allowance 360 3
- RBS advising client they don't want his business 2,403 13
- Auto-enrolment staging dates, letters etc 195 4
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 974 21
- Company Structure 285 2
- The importance of Grammar 2,139 58
- Who is responsible for goods values for customs clearance? 73 1
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 400
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 366
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 344
- Electric Car 279
- S222 Charge 233
- IP trans to holding company 181
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 174
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 162
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 162
- AIA 153