Accountant gone AWOL
One of my recent client is having real problems getting hold of his previous accountant to get all his paperwork back.
The clients total VAT reclaim on his purchases was disallowed since he did not produce evidence of purchase invoice for a van.
The client has tried contacting the accountant several times. The client knows that the accountant is abroad doing some charity work. He does not know when the accountant will be back. It has now been a two months.
I wrote to HMRC explaning the situation. No response on this.
HMRC are chasing (debt collectors) the client for the full VAT on his sales without deduction for purchases. He explained the situation to them. They just advised him to change accountants.
What can be done
- Get HMRC off the client's back for a month or so?
- If clients is not able to get the documentation from the previous accountant on time.
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 227 4
- HMRC property income enquiry 369 9
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 276 4
- Merry Christmas 79 2
- THEATRE SHOW - HIRE - VAT PAYABLE ON TICKET SALES 63 3
- New Incorporations - ERTNAC hoax - anyone else seen this? 1,050 12
- Anyone else still working this week? 404 13
- Childcare vouchers 341 7
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,412 9
- Using home as clients registered address 122 3
- Client being taken to court and really do not know what to do 517 12
- Section 165 TCGA 1992 - time limit? 106 2
- How much does the company pay 703 30
- AIA 287 18
- Van Benefit in Kind Query 175 5
- I have done a terrible thing 784 15
- Not paying accountant 1,874 46
- Cash basis VAT return 106 1
- VAT on Business Premises 105 2
- Consolidation Software 146 2
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 504
- corporate hierarchy 468
- Advice - 320
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 272
- WWOOFers 261
- The booking.com con 243
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 237
- Cocaine anyone? 225
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 215
- UK State pension paid in NZ 176