Accountant gone AWOL
One of my recent client is having real problems getting hold of his previous accountant to get all his paperwork back.
The clients total VAT reclaim on his purchases was disallowed since he did not produce evidence of purchase invoice for a van.
The client has tried contacting the accountant several times. The client knows that the accountant is abroad doing some charity work. He does not know when the accountant will be back. It has now been a two months.
I wrote to HMRC explaning the situation. No response on this.
HMRC are chasing (debt collectors) the client for the full VAT on his sales without deduction for purchases. He explained the situation to them. They just advised him to change accountants.
What can be done
- Get HMRC off the client's back for a month or so?
- If clients is not able to get the documentation from the previous accountant on time.
- Group structure - transfer of shares 18 1
- Accountex flash mob 137 3
- New desktop accounting and payroll, help, please 191 5
- Getting fees, getting harder? 1,018 27
- Property sale split between years 202 7
- Direct payment schene 68 3
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 1,143 37
- Capital introduction 98 1
- Classes 2 and 4 NI for sole trader also employed 110 2
- Rogue Accountant 1,176 35
- Quickbooks Desktop - 14/15 Employment Allowance 263 8
- CIS Deductions 282 8
- sole trader to ltd company 161 2
- Spousal transfer and PPR 328 10
- Personal bank account in limited company 273 7
- Dual taxation - usa 188 2
- CGT on residential property for a non resident and PPR relief 129 1
- Timing of LTD CIS rebates 287 10
- Inheritance Tax Advice 144 1
- Directors Salary and Directors Loan Account and RTI 142 1
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 642
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 405
- Pensions Regulator 379
- RTI - duplicate employee record 327
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 325
- Using the correct forms 300
- SA penalty proposals 298
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 278
- Digital marketing focus group 198
- Sage Vat return box 2 191