Accountant gone AWOL
One of my recent client is having real problems getting hold of his previous accountant to get all his paperwork back.
The clients total VAT reclaim on his purchases was disallowed since he did not produce evidence of purchase invoice for a van.
The client has tried contacting the accountant several times. The client knows that the accountant is abroad doing some charity work. He does not know when the accountant will be back. It has now been a two months.
I wrote to HMRC explaning the situation. No response on this.
HMRC are chasing (debt collectors) the client for the full VAT on his sales without deduction for purchases. He explained the situation to them. They just advised him to change accountants.
What can be done
- Get HMRC off the client's back for a month or so?
- If clients is not able to get the documentation from the previous accountant on time.
- Mileage allowance payment via payroll 59 2
- signature required 762 30
- Employment Support Allowance fraud 252 6
- Stock Control System for Ecommerce Website 255 2
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 41 1
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 624 8
- When to leave the VAT FRS 119 6
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 998 17
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 206 2
- Direct debit entry query 70 2
- Use of home query 373 7
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 279 7
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 533 11
- CIS software 188 5
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 149 4
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 1,084 14
- Client handover 305 6
- format cell to exclude decimals 221 13
- Homing sandwiches 718 16
- Use of home Directors 122 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,284
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 843
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 535
- Digita Hosted Software 349
- Credit where credit's due....... 325
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 250
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 212
- TheTax Donut 207
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 176
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 154