Accountant gone AWOL
One of my recent client is having real problems getting hold of his previous accountant to get all his paperwork back.
The clients total VAT reclaim on his purchases was disallowed since he did not produce evidence of purchase invoice for a van.
The client has tried contacting the accountant several times. The client knows that the accountant is abroad doing some charity work. He does not know when the accountant will be back. It has now been a two months.
I wrote to HMRC explaning the situation. No response on this.
HMRC are chasing (debt collectors) the client for the full VAT on his sales without deduction for purchases. He explained the situation to them. They just advised him to change accountants.
What can be done
- Get HMRC off the client's back for a month or so?
- If clients is not able to get the documentation from the previous accountant on time.
- Is Dropbox right for your client comms? Webinar 15 May 344
- Set up a company pension 280
- RTI Fees 266
- 2011 FHL loss & ITA 2007 s74a 242
- Where's our 10%? 239
- Driving sales growth 210
- UK Property Purchase by an overseas individual in own name 204
- Cost of converting property - who pays? 200
- CIS late registration 195
- EIS 194
- Regiatration of a Trust 194
- Accounting for gift vouchers - paid for and donated 187
- Break up basis accounting 181
- Best structure 174
- Accounts production software for business SSC 170
- Property owned privately 165
- Membership of trade association - tax deductible? 162
- High Income Child Benefit Tax Charge Error? 154
- iQor recovering HMRC debts again 145
- Accruing for fixed asset invoice 138