Accountant gone AWOL
One of my recent client is having real problems getting hold of his previous accountant to get all his paperwork back.
The clients total VAT reclaim on his purchases was disallowed since he did not produce evidence of purchase invoice for a van.
The client has tried contacting the accountant several times. The client knows that the accountant is abroad doing some charity work. He does not know when the accountant will be back. It has now been a two months.
I wrote to HMRC explaning the situation. No response on this.
HMRC are chasing (debt collectors) the client for the full VAT on his sales without deduction for purchases. He explained the situation to them. They just advised him to change accountants.
What can be done
- Get HMRC off the client's back for a month or so?
- If clients is not able to get the documentation from the previous accountant on time.
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 851 9
- NI Contributions in order to claim state pension 508 12
- Why .... 610 7
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 393 5
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 257 6
- Relevant life plan 277 7
- Flat Rate Job Expenses 126 2
- Business Transfer Father to Son 74 1
- Gift between companies 45 1
- Pylon compensation - what am I missing? 427 7
- Annual director payments for a small limited company 305 7
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 406 4
- Jointly owned property 278 6
- Interim Accountants through Ltd co basis 158 1
- Going to miss CT filing deadline 150 2
- Categories on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 281 4
- Flat Rate VAT - reclaiming VAT on Capital Purchase (bought on lease hire) 165 4
- The return 1,013 28
- Directors loan - no longer a director 174 1
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 560 10
- Possible Partnership? 583
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 495
- New Fangled Penalties 395
- Clubs and Taxable Income 316
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 288
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 241
- Loans to other companies 236
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 205
- Outsource Data Entry 194
- Moving away from CCH software 189