Accountant gone AWOL
One of my recent client is having real problems getting hold of his previous accountant to get all his paperwork back.
The clients total VAT reclaim on his purchases was disallowed since he did not produce evidence of purchase invoice for a van.
The client has tried contacting the accountant several times. The client knows that the accountant is abroad doing some charity work. He does not know when the accountant will be back. It has now been a two months.
I wrote to HMRC explaning the situation. No response on this.
HMRC are chasing (debt collectors) the client for the full VAT on his sales without deduction for purchases. He explained the situation to them. They just advised him to change accountants.
What can be done
- Get HMRC off the client's back for a month or so?
- If clients is not able to get the documentation from the previous accountant on time.
- Would this save hours of your time? 423 11
- Director's tax return 244 6
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 191 6
- Value pricing 669 23
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 44 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 180 5
- Wrong career 452 18
- Payroo Employer allowance query 126 1
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 261 7
- Laptop purchase 1,375 20
- PTP software disaster 254 2
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 219 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 96 2
- Tricky VAT question 168 1
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 112 2
- VT accounts licence key 258 5
- Weely paid employees 218 2
- Splitting the tax year 103 1
- FPS Submission 153 2
- non resident receiving UK dividends 212 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 792
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 546
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 413
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 292
- Free Tax Legislation? 261
- Director Loan account operation 241
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 237
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 236
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 229
- Paye procedures for CVA 159