Accountant gone AWOL
One of my recent client is having real problems getting hold of his previous accountant to get all his paperwork back.
The clients total VAT reclaim on his purchases was disallowed since he did not produce evidence of purchase invoice for a van.
The client has tried contacting the accountant several times. The client knows that the accountant is abroad doing some charity work. He does not know when the accountant will be back. It has now been a two months.
I wrote to HMRC explaning the situation. No response on this.
HMRC are chasing (debt collectors) the client for the full VAT on his sales without deduction for purchases. He explained the situation to them. They just advised him to change accountants.
What can be done
- Get HMRC off the client's back for a month or so?
- If clients is not able to get the documentation from the previous accountant on time.
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax Consultancy 2014 313 2
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 1,106 33
- ACCA practice certificates 88 2
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 216 5
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 181 3
- Tax on grant a lease - no proceeds 116 1
- What would you do in this situation? 703 14
- Dress code 526 13
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 535 16
- Project being run jointly 224 3
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 327 4
- Companies House 624 9
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 396 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 746 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,467 25
- Help Required 442 10
- directors control and tax problems 342 5
- Fastest Software 817 13
- What's in a name ? 429 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 344 4
- CTA study material 720
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 442
- Employment related securities question 280
- AIM Stocks and IHT 257
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 240
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 219
- Expat pension contributions? 210
- Trust for Employee 208
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 192
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 125