Accountant gone AWOL
One of my recent client is having real problems getting hold of his previous accountant to get all his paperwork back.
The clients total VAT reclaim on his purchases was disallowed since he did not produce evidence of purchase invoice for a van.
The client has tried contacting the accountant several times. The client knows that the accountant is abroad doing some charity work. He does not know when the accountant will be back. It has now been a two months.
I wrote to HMRC explaning the situation. No response on this.
HMRC are chasing (debt collectors) the client for the full VAT on his sales without deduction for purchases. He explained the situation to them. They just advised him to change accountants.
What can be done
- Get HMRC off the client's back for a month or so?
- If clients is not able to get the documentation from the previous accountant on time.
- Ltd Co and Fully Paid Shares 76 5
- RTI and Advances to Employees 95 3
- Sorry - another PPR question 168 4
- Private company division 289 5
- New build property to be rented 84 3
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 59 1
- Outstanding Loans 192 3
- Networking 849 7
- Allocation of income from property 614 22
- Services by BVI Company for UK Company 90 2
- bookkeeping system 464 7
- Sharing ODBC Excel Pivot Tables over network 112 2
- Company car in the LLP 116 1
- 64-8 problems 317 4
- flat rate scheme 1,833 37
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 879 11
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 324 9
- Unpaid share capital 211 2
- Bad debt receipt for dissolved company 145 1
- VAT Refunds 173 2