Accountant gone AWOL
One of my recent client is having real problems getting hold of his previous accountant to get all his paperwork back.
The clients total VAT reclaim on his purchases was disallowed since he did not produce evidence of purchase invoice for a van.
The client has tried contacting the accountant several times. The client knows that the accountant is abroad doing some charity work. He does not know when the accountant will be back. It has now been a two months.
I wrote to HMRC explaning the situation. No response on this.
HMRC are chasing (debt collectors) the client for the full VAT on his sales without deduction for purchases. He explained the situation to them. They just advised him to change accountants.
What can be done
- Get HMRC off the client's back for a month or so?
- If clients is not able to get the documentation from the previous accountant on time.
- Not paying accountant 1,764 45
- How much does the company pay 552 23
- Cash basis VAT return 57 1
- I have done a terrible thing 634 14
- VAT on Business Premises 66 2
- Section 165 TCGA 1992 - time limit? 48 1
- Consolidation Software 126 2
- Client being taken to court and really do not know what to do 442 11
- New Incorporations - ERTNAC hoax - anyone else seen this? 1,008 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,158 32
- Anyone else still working this week? 306 9
- HMRC property income enquiry 284 6
- LLp Profits 137 5
- two business from one premises 132 2
- AIA 243 16
- Company car but paying for insurance personally - reduces benefit in kind? 344 20
- partnership tax return 163 5
- Client has already received 13/14 tax refund 195 2
- How to deal with CGT relief on Directors Loan following company sale 113 2
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 308 6
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 503
- corporate hierarchy 465
- Advice - 317
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 266
- WWOOFers 256
- The booking.com con 237
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 234
- Cocaine anyone? 218
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 214
- UK State pension paid in NZ 174