Accountant gone AWOL
One of my recent client is having real problems getting hold of his previous accountant to get all his paperwork back.
The clients total VAT reclaim on his purchases was disallowed since he did not produce evidence of purchase invoice for a van.
The client has tried contacting the accountant several times. The client knows that the accountant is abroad doing some charity work. He does not know when the accountant will be back. It has now been a two months.
I wrote to HMRC explaning the situation. No response on this.
HMRC are chasing (debt collectors) the client for the full VAT on his sales without deduction for purchases. He explained the situation to them. They just advised him to change accountants.
What can be done
- Get HMRC off the client's back for a month or so?
- If clients is not able to get the documentation from the previous accountant on time.
- Company asserts 83 1
- VAT on unused stock 41 1
- When to recover vat on bad debts 114 4
- Can't find a good web address 162 3
- Sage Line 50 - create custom remittance advices 182 7
- Timesheet and travel expenses software for engineering consultants 204 5
- effective advertising 236 6
- Nominal Code for Car lease? 185 8
- Software recommendations 311 2
- Cloud Based Software recommendations please 147 3
- Edible spam? 802 16
- I'm thinking of moving to Ireland 301 5
- Put fees on website 287 6
- Director resignation 224 4
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 1,543 27
- Mobile phone and P11D 1,327 4
- Sigma Red 1,415 3
- CIS Software Recommendations 344 5
- VAT on medical/care services? 111 2
- Definition of "relative" in benefits code 187 2
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 477
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 464
- WIP Software 336
- No payroll scheme in place 289
- Is there anything wrong with this? 258
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 253
- Small Part Disposal of Property 228
- Uncommercial property business 227
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 192
- SA Penalty 181