Accountant gone AWOL
One of my recent client is having real problems getting hold of his previous accountant to get all his paperwork back.
The clients total VAT reclaim on his purchases was disallowed since he did not produce evidence of purchase invoice for a van.
The client has tried contacting the accountant several times. The client knows that the accountant is abroad doing some charity work. He does not know when the accountant will be back. It has now been a two months.
I wrote to HMRC explaning the situation. No response on this.
HMRC are chasing (debt collectors) the client for the full VAT on his sales without deduction for purchases. He explained the situation to them. They just advised him to change accountants.
What can be done
- Get HMRC off the client's back for a month or so?
- If clients is not able to get the documentation from the previous accountant on time.
- Software for Accounts layout 380 8
- Income prior to company formation 352 10
- rental property, pre letting costs 159 4
- Staff 149 3
- VAT on farm machinery sold 362 7
- Non-resident company director 106 2
- are we that stupid 956 21
- Looking to move my email from PC to cloud 144 5
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 743 13
- letter of reference 195 3
- Can this be done? 191 1
- Capital Allowance & AIA 127 1
- Foster Care 127 1
- Spread Betting and Forex Trading 351 5
- Flexible report structure in cloud accounting 103 1
- Self Assessment penalties again 303 3
- Flat Management Company 217 1
- Share structure questions - close company 196 2
- Roll old capital gain into current one or declare separately? 182 4
- Inexpensive CRM for small accountancy practice? 345 5
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 331
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 287
- French ConnectionUK 267
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 251
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 217
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 217
- CentreCRM - anybody using it? 161
- E-mailing customer invoices in VT Transaction+ 155
- Tax surcharge appeal - where to send ? 153
- Agricultural Flat Rate Scheme 148