Accountant gone AWOL
One of my recent client is having real problems getting hold of his previous accountant to get all his paperwork back.
The clients total VAT reclaim on his purchases was disallowed since he did not produce evidence of purchase invoice for a van.
The client has tried contacting the accountant several times. The client knows that the accountant is abroad doing some charity work. He does not know when the accountant will be back. It has now been a two months.
I wrote to HMRC explaning the situation. No response on this.
HMRC are chasing (debt collectors) the client for the full VAT on his sales without deduction for purchases. He explained the situation to them. They just advised him to change accountants.
What can be done
- Get HMRC off the client's back for a month or so?
- If clients is not able to get the documentation from the previous accountant on time.
- Treatment of income for sole trader 45 2
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 918 42
- Drive off and Wastage expenses - No supp doc 94 4
- wave software 106 1
- Freelance software consultant 319 5
- client can't/won't pay 267 11
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,131 14
- Window Comb Binder Cover 89 2
- Splitting income from property rental or not? 211 5
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 133 3
- Tax deduction for Partners for items outside of accounts 207 6
- losses carried forward 367 10
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 467 22
- Auto enrolment 1,621 26
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 212 8
- VT 350 7
- Warning! Cannot pay SA tax at Post Office 698 18
- 5% penalty on late payment 157 2
- Ongoing trade? 241 5
- Tax Enquiry - Inspector Error 301 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 780
- Copy Wanted 491
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 453
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 451
- Latest phishing scam 281
- Entrepreneurs' relief 266
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 261
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 244
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 232
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 227