Accountant gone AWOL
One of my recent client is having real problems getting hold of his previous accountant to get all his paperwork back.
The clients total VAT reclaim on his purchases was disallowed since he did not produce evidence of purchase invoice for a van.
The client has tried contacting the accountant several times. The client knows that the accountant is abroad doing some charity work. He does not know when the accountant will be back. It has now been a two months.
I wrote to HMRC explaning the situation. No response on this.
HMRC are chasing (debt collectors) the client for the full VAT on his sales without deduction for purchases. He explained the situation to them. They just advised him to change accountants.
What can be done
- Get HMRC off the client's back for a month or so?
- If clients is not able to get the documentation from the previous accountant on time.
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 132 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 199 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 273 13
- Prefer to start accepting Online Card Payments 118 1
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 898 25
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 221 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 125 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 256 7
- New Email Extensions 143 1
- SA302 203 3
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 1,094 56
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 275 2
- Dental practice incorpration 128 1
- Audit rules 165 4
- Go Cardless 283 8
- business entertaining deductibility 150 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 183 2
- R & D 110 3
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 92 1
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 172 1
- Xtuple 502
- Qtac payroll for bureau 336
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 284
- Industrial & Provident Societies 277
- Mehjoo 221
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 221
- New strategic report 173
- Domain name sale and limited company 160
- South African Government Pension 156
- CIS schemes 154