Accountant gone AWOL
One of my recent client is having real problems getting hold of his previous accountant to get all his paperwork back.
The clients total VAT reclaim on his purchases was disallowed since he did not produce evidence of purchase invoice for a van.
The client has tried contacting the accountant several times. The client knows that the accountant is abroad doing some charity work. He does not know when the accountant will be back. It has now been a two months.
I wrote to HMRC explaning the situation. No response on this.
HMRC are chasing (debt collectors) the client for the full VAT on his sales without deduction for purchases. He explained the situation to them. They just advised him to change accountants.
What can be done
- Get HMRC off the client's back for a month or so?
- If clients is not able to get the documentation from the previous accountant on time.
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 438 9
- What is going on with VAT applications?? 1,975 39
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,320 17
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,589 23
- VAT & capitalising 118 3
- Final year's accounts 144 1
- Do I Need A Balance Sheet? 262 5
- Self Assessment Tax Return Penalties 291 5
- Errors in prior year accounts 824 21
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 308 7
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 236 15
- Have we a distribution when we reduced our capital but it hadn't been registered? & tax implications in winding up 135 2
- What are options for non CA firm 1,973 36
- Invoice Help 246 7
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 178 3
- Employee overpaid who has left 249 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 236 3
- Sorry ignore me 907 24
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 588 5
- Free Shares ? 251 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 625
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 532
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 294
- Cancelled 285
- Cancelled 245
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 193
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 191
- Probiz 178
- Married woman dies owning marital home 168
- What's the market like for temps? 166