Accountant gone AWOL
One of my recent client is having real problems getting hold of his previous accountant to get all his paperwork back.
The clients total VAT reclaim on his purchases was disallowed since he did not produce evidence of purchase invoice for a van.
The client has tried contacting the accountant several times. The client knows that the accountant is abroad doing some charity work. He does not know when the accountant will be back. It has now been a two months.
I wrote to HMRC explaning the situation. No response on this.
HMRC are chasing (debt collectors) the client for the full VAT on his sales without deduction for purchases. He explained the situation to them. They just advised him to change accountants.
What can be done
- Get HMRC off the client's back for a month or so?
- If clients is not able to get the documentation from the previous accountant on time.
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,236 28
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,657 42
- Sage Line 50 142 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 87 1
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 356 6
- Accountant Specialization. 300 4
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 365 7
- Seafarer's Earnings Deduction 132 1
- Freelance/Employee 677 17
- Recommendations for online payroll software 204 1
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 175 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 182 6
- Claiming VAT on car lease 482 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 119 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 607 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 702 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 150 2
- Agent Authorisation Issue 210 2
- Is it just me ... 331 5
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 308 4
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 749
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 407
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 357
- Electric Car 291
- S222 Charge 240
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 197
- IP trans to holding company 191
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 176
- AIA 170
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 169