Accountant stating ACCA after their name but not on list of members on ACCA website
We were recently told by one of our small limited company clients that they were going to ask a different firm of accountants to act for them. We've now received a professional clearance letter from the new accountants. It's a limited company and the letter has been signed by an individual (a director of the company) stating ACCA after their name.
I've searched the list of members on the ACCA website but can't find the individual referred to above. I've also searched the list of businesses on the ACCA website but can't find the company that this individual works for.
As far as I'm aware there's absolutely no animosity between us and our ex-client and we parted on what I believe to be good terms so I'm a little loathe to start a dialogue with them that implies that they may be going to an accountant that doesn't have the professional qualifications that they are saying they have, especially when I don't have any specific proof.
We had a similar experience several years ago where a client went to a new accountant who was holding out to be suitably qualified - it turned out that the accountant they went to was an unqualified individual that was working on a sub contract basis with a firm of accountants that did hold the relevant professional qualifications.
My dilemma is do we just let bygones be bygones and get on with things or do we take this up with the Institute and even mention to our ex-client that their new accountants aren't what they say they are?
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 199 1
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 190 9
- JIEB Exams 131 1
- RTI 89 1
- Christmas party 104 1
- Am i Liable? 111 4
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 739 10
- Checking a contract 293 8
- Flat Rate Scheme 310 15
- Altered PAYE cheque 230 5
- deleting customers on Sage 50 161 7
- VAT on garage rent 325 14
- Value-shifting 67 1
- Pattern for CTA 208 4
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 450 18
- SDLT exemptions/reliefs 84 2
- Incorrect Accounts. Is it worth taking action against the old accountant? 231 3
- Film Partnership Enquiries - am I just unlucky? 242 5
- EBT 179 1
- Giving a seminar 529 28
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,210
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 608
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 407
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 315
- Agent fees to sell business 189
- Alphabet shares 189
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 182
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 176
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 164
- Office recharges 147