Accountant stating ACCA after their name but not on list of members on ACCA website
We were recently told by one of our small limited company clients that they were going to ask a different firm of accountants to act for them. We've now received a professional clearance letter from the new accountants. It's a limited company and the letter has been signed by an individual (a director of the company) stating ACCA after their name.
I've searched the list of members on the ACCA website but can't find the individual referred to above. I've also searched the list of businesses on the ACCA website but can't find the company that this individual works for.
As far as I'm aware there's absolutely no animosity between us and our ex-client and we parted on what I believe to be good terms so I'm a little loathe to start a dialogue with them that implies that they may be going to an accountant that doesn't have the professional qualifications that they are saying they have, especially when I don't have any specific proof.
We had a similar experience several years ago where a client went to a new accountant who was holding out to be suitably qualified - it turned out that the accountant they went to was an unqualified individual that was working on a sub contract basis with a firm of accountants that did hold the relevant professional qualifications.
My dilemma is do we just let bygones be bygones and get on with things or do we take this up with the Institute and even mention to our ex-client that their new accountants aren't what they say they are?
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 185 7
- Related Parties Note 61 2
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 743 22
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,162 52
- what time is it ? 285 4
- Capital Allowances on Foreign Property 85 2
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 429 24
- VAT on disbursement 163 2
- Business Christmas Greetings 993 18
- tax credits 205 7
- Victor Meldrew morning 1,036 17
- EC VAT codes in Sage 50 82 1
- LLP - Member leaving 188 6
- Year end 252 3
- Foreign income for self employed 170 2
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 304 9
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 320 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,145 14
- Tax Return Deadlines 249 4
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 621 21
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 906
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 525
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 335
- How to format a stock book 318
- Tax efficient holding company structure 255
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 247
- Investment property company accounts template 229
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 195
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 180
- Charge out rates in London? 157