accounting has had its day!
One of the main reasons for going into accountancy was to make a good living.
After all - no-one enjoys number crunching all day long - let alone how unhealthy it is - sitting down all day staring at a screen.
Fees are on a downward spiral - not that much to be made.
Look at some of the fees on various websites that are now being charged - ive even seen it being offered free.
Automation and law changes will only put a further dent on your potential fees.
Tax avoidance strategies are limited - or those being offered are illeagal
People on here bang on about networking. Its had its day. These things are crawling with so called accountants - both online and real networking. Same goes for magazine articles, newspaper articles, advertising etc... - its not worth it.
ALL accountants are struggling nowdays - even the big ones - because opportunities are limted. -- The general public dont like accountants – because there is nothing tangible being offered.
There are opportunities for bookeeping - but what a tedious way to live.
The whole accounting profession is dramatically changing (for the better in my opinion) because the traditional accountant is no longer needed - and the high fees charged are rapidly becoming a thing of the past.
It doesnt matter how many curries you give away, how professional you make yourself look through a website, how many networking events you attend, how you think you are tech savvy by offering cloud (every man and his rabbit will offer it in the end), how much free tax advice you give away (its on the net anyway) - punters are not silly - the profession is doomed.
It used to be first meeting free - now its first set of accounts free - think about it.
The combination of automation(a good thing), government wising up to tax dodges(a good thing), downward fee spiral(a good thing) and every man and his dog offering accountancy services, - will end it all.
Think about it - fixed number of clients - increasing number of self employed accountants = downwrd fees spiral.
Do something you enjoy food, art, music whatever - your living standard will not be much worse AND youll be free and happier.
Thnx and Rgds
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 590 5
- See you all on the other side 672 6
- 12Pay 434 2
- dividends 582 2
- R&D 304 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,161 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 431 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 390 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 359 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 535 5
- Seeking a tax case 633 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 492 4
- Companies house strike off 522 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 410 2
- Moving to the cloud 730 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 210 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 886 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 202 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,087 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 482 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 556
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 419
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 367
- IRIS and FRS 102 352
- Capitalising Finance Lease 318
- USA help 314
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 294
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 285
- Marginal rates of tax 273
- Capital gains on rental property 262