accounting has had its day!
One of the main reasons for going into accountancy was to make a good living.
After all - no-one enjoys number crunching all day long - let alone how unhealthy it is - sitting down all day staring at a screen.
Fees are on a downward spiral - not that much to be made.
Look at some of the fees on various websites that are now being charged - ive even seen it being offered free.
Automation and law changes will only put a further dent on your potential fees.
Tax avoidance strategies are limited - or those being offered are illeagal
People on here bang on about networking. Its had its day. These things are crawling with so called accountants - both online and real networking. Same goes for magazine articles, newspaper articles, advertising etc... - its not worth it.
ALL accountants are struggling nowdays - even the big ones - because opportunities are limted. -- The general public dont like accountants – because there is nothing tangible being offered.
There are opportunities for bookeeping - but what a tedious way to live.
The whole accounting profession is dramatically changing (for the better in my opinion) because the traditional accountant is no longer needed - and the high fees charged are rapidly becoming a thing of the past.
It doesnt matter how many curries you give away, how professional you make yourself look through a website, how many networking events you attend, how you think you are tech savvy by offering cloud (every man and his rabbit will offer it in the end), how much free tax advice you give away (its on the net anyway) - punters are not silly - the profession is doomed.
It used to be first meeting free - now its first set of accounts free - think about it.
The combination of automation(a good thing), government wising up to tax dodges(a good thing), downward fee spiral(a good thing) and every man and his dog offering accountancy services, - will end it all.
Think about it - fixed number of clients - increasing number of self employed accountants = downwrd fees spiral.
Do something you enjoy food, art, music whatever - your living standard will not be much worse AND youll be free and happier.
Thnx and Rgds
- Newly Started Practice 417 10
- Are these allowable capital expenditures for a jewellery retail shop? 171 2
- Property income 105 2
- VAT rules on Compensation invoice to EU company 90 3
- error on companies house accounts 350 9
- problems getting through to the ACCA technical helpline 205 5
- Home to Office 120 3
- Clients 234 4
- Commission on holiday accrual 142 2
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 186 4
- Any Answers changes - feedback required 3,436 111
- VAT reclaim on costs incurred for VAT exempt services 103 1
- IR35 calc - which months' E'ees NICs and PAYE to include? 136 3
- Excel 2010 pivot table rows 60 1
- VAT rules on recharge sales invoice 105 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 308 6
- Extension of lease in flat management company 162 2
- Client's company struck off 696 18
- 2010-11 tax return is incorrect 122 1
- Overtime etc for PT employees 219 3
- QROP pension input amounts 482
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 451
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 423
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 273
- EPS and CIS deductions 269
- Construction CIS LLP Company 249
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 220
- SAGE winforecast 186
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 175
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 174