accounting has had its day!
One of the main reasons for going into accountancy was to make a good living.
After all - no-one enjoys number crunching all day long - let alone how unhealthy it is - sitting down all day staring at a screen.
Fees are on a downward spiral - not that much to be made.
Look at some of the fees on various websites that are now being charged - ive even seen it being offered free.
Automation and law changes will only put a further dent on your potential fees.
Tax avoidance strategies are limited - or those being offered are illeagal
People on here bang on about networking. Its had its day. These things are crawling with so called accountants - both online and real networking. Same goes for magazine articles, newspaper articles, advertising etc... - its not worth it.
ALL accountants are struggling nowdays - even the big ones - because opportunities are limted. -- The general public dont like accountants – because there is nothing tangible being offered.
There are opportunities for bookeeping - but what a tedious way to live.
The whole accounting profession is dramatically changing (for the better in my opinion) because the traditional accountant is no longer needed - and the high fees charged are rapidly becoming a thing of the past.
It doesnt matter how many curries you give away, how professional you make yourself look through a website, how many networking events you attend, how you think you are tech savvy by offering cloud (every man and his rabbit will offer it in the end), how much free tax advice you give away (its on the net anyway) - punters are not silly - the profession is doomed.
It used to be first meeting free - now its first set of accounts free - think about it.
The combination of automation(a good thing), government wising up to tax dodges(a good thing), downward fee spiral(a good thing) and every man and his dog offering accountancy services, - will end it all.
Think about it - fixed number of clients - increasing number of self employed accountants = downwrd fees spiral.
Do something you enjoy food, art, music whatever - your living standard will not be much worse AND youll be free and happier.
Thnx and Rgds
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 766 7
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,464 31
- Is this fraud? 297 5
- Saying goodbye 417 13
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 820 36
- Tax on private fuel for own car 194 5
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 356 16
- Sportman claiming for training kit 994 11
- Flat rate scheme 172 3
- Drop box Storage 196 3
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 274 13
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,191 413
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 619 4
- Furnished lettings criteria 133 1
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 416 5
- SAGE TRANSACTIONS DATA 138 2
- Pension Contributions Relief 366 11
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 121 1
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 204 2
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 306 1
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,271
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 454
- National Insurance 352
- Non Resident 267
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 261
- Franchise income and costs 240
- Hands on experience of Digita 197
- Employer's Helpline 145
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 140
- employment capital allowances 137