accounting has had its day!
One of the main reasons for going into accountancy was to make a good living.
After all - no-one enjoys number crunching all day long - let alone how unhealthy it is - sitting down all day staring at a screen.
Fees are on a downward spiral - not that much to be made.
Look at some of the fees on various websites that are now being charged - ive even seen it being offered free.
Automation and law changes will only put a further dent on your potential fees.
Tax avoidance strategies are limited - or those being offered are illeagal
People on here bang on about networking. Its had its day. These things are crawling with so called accountants - both online and real networking. Same goes for magazine articles, newspaper articles, advertising etc... - its not worth it.
ALL accountants are struggling nowdays - even the big ones - because opportunities are limted. -- The general public dont like accountants – because there is nothing tangible being offered.
There are opportunities for bookeeping - but what a tedious way to live.
The whole accounting profession is dramatically changing (for the better in my opinion) because the traditional accountant is no longer needed - and the high fees charged are rapidly becoming a thing of the past.
It doesnt matter how many curries you give away, how professional you make yourself look through a website, how many networking events you attend, how you think you are tech savvy by offering cloud (every man and his rabbit will offer it in the end), how much free tax advice you give away (its on the net anyway) - punters are not silly - the profession is doomed.
It used to be first meeting free - now its first set of accounts free - think about it.
The combination of automation(a good thing), government wising up to tax dodges(a good thing), downward fee spiral(a good thing) and every man and his dog offering accountancy services, - will end it all.
Think about it - fixed number of clients - increasing number of self employed accountants = downwrd fees spiral.
Do something you enjoy food, art, music whatever - your living standard will not be much worse AND youll be free and happier.
Thnx and Rgds
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,616 23
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 81 6
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 70 1
- Who can I refer leads to? 234 6
- Companies House 281 4
- RTI - EPS - ??? 92 2
- Contractor/ Ltd Co/with pension 96 2
- Minutes & Dividend Vouchers 325 9
- Non-reporting of BIK - income tax liability 104 1
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 208 6
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 662 8
- Can a director pay for their childs tuition through the company 649 14
- Benefit of my ACCA membership to my Non Qualified Employer 135 1
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 666 7
- Can a sole trader carry back losses to reclaim some tax paid from previous years? 481 5
- SA tax assessments 166 2
- Director self assessment 404 16
- Sage Import Data 177 4
- Late payroll submission on sage 239 2
- Dividend Vouchers 285 4
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 431
- CTA study material 391
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 288
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 268
- Pre incorp expenses 242
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 216
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 211
- Slight twist on employment related securities 196
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 143
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 141