accounting has had its day!
One of the main reasons for going into accountancy was to make a good living.
After all - no-one enjoys number crunching all day long - let alone how unhealthy it is - sitting down all day staring at a screen.
Fees are on a downward spiral - not that much to be made.
Look at some of the fees on various websites that are now being charged - ive even seen it being offered free.
Automation and law changes will only put a further dent on your potential fees.
Tax avoidance strategies are limited - or those being offered are illeagal
People on here bang on about networking. Its had its day. These things are crawling with so called accountants - both online and real networking. Same goes for magazine articles, newspaper articles, advertising etc... - its not worth it.
ALL accountants are struggling nowdays - even the big ones - because opportunities are limted. -- The general public dont like accountants – because there is nothing tangible being offered.
There are opportunities for bookeeping - but what a tedious way to live.
The whole accounting profession is dramatically changing (for the better in my opinion) because the traditional accountant is no longer needed - and the high fees charged are rapidly becoming a thing of the past.
It doesnt matter how many curries you give away, how professional you make yourself look through a website, how many networking events you attend, how you think you are tech savvy by offering cloud (every man and his rabbit will offer it in the end), how much free tax advice you give away (its on the net anyway) - punters are not silly - the profession is doomed.
It used to be first meeting free - now its first set of accounts free - think about it.
The combination of automation(a good thing), government wising up to tax dodges(a good thing), downward fee spiral(a good thing) and every man and his dog offering accountancy services, - will end it all.
Think about it - fixed number of clients - increasing number of self employed accountants = downwrd fees spiral.
Do something you enjoy food, art, music whatever - your living standard will not be much worse AND youll be free and happier.
Thnx and Rgds
- Credit card receipts vs VAT receipts 2,084 28
- Update workbook linkage without opening source 140 5
- SA Agent's Priority Line 34 2
- Company Director In Prison 245 6
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 748 23
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 634 13
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 133 7
- Managing Employee Expenses 134 5
- Charity work 130 6
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 274 3
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 660 21
- MAAT vs ACCA 355 6
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,540 70
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,539 55
- VAT registration? 142 1
- ec sales lists 155 1
- VAT registration to supply services in EU 136 1
- Vat Retrospective Reclaim 148 1
- donations to school via self employed business (registered charity) 115 4
- Small company audit 758 12
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 662
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 477
- Cancelled 418
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 358
- Cancelled 358
- Probiz 328
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 312
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 240
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 212
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 183