accounting has had its day!
One of the main reasons for going into accountancy was to make a good living.
After all - no-one enjoys number crunching all day long - let alone how unhealthy it is - sitting down all day staring at a screen.
Fees are on a downward spiral - not that much to be made.
Look at some of the fees on various websites that are now being charged - ive even seen it being offered free.
Automation and law changes will only put a further dent on your potential fees.
Tax avoidance strategies are limited - or those being offered are illeagal
People on here bang on about networking. Its had its day. These things are crawling with so called accountants - both online and real networking. Same goes for magazine articles, newspaper articles, advertising etc... - its not worth it.
ALL accountants are struggling nowdays - even the big ones - because opportunities are limted. -- The general public dont like accountants – because there is nothing tangible being offered.
There are opportunities for bookeeping - but what a tedious way to live.
The whole accounting profession is dramatically changing (for the better in my opinion) because the traditional accountant is no longer needed - and the high fees charged are rapidly becoming a thing of the past.
It doesnt matter how many curries you give away, how professional you make yourself look through a website, how many networking events you attend, how you think you are tech savvy by offering cloud (every man and his rabbit will offer it in the end), how much free tax advice you give away (its on the net anyway) - punters are not silly - the profession is doomed.
It used to be first meeting free - now its first set of accounts free - think about it.
The combination of automation(a good thing), government wising up to tax dodges(a good thing), downward fee spiral(a good thing) and every man and his dog offering accountancy services, - will end it all.
Think about it - fixed number of clients - increasing number of self employed accountants = downwrd fees spiral.
Do something you enjoy food, art, music whatever - your living standard will not be much worse AND youll be free and happier.
Thnx and Rgds
- Elective DeductionsModel 48 1
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 179 1
- Rental Income 283 6
- Value pricing 159 6
- Payroll 2012/13 84 1
- I have a pain 662 6
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 62 1
- convert directors loan account to share capital 149 5
- Anyone else seen incorrect tax code notices - rather worring! 719 17
- Belated VAT Exception Application 103 3
- Cash flow 134 2
- New use of home - simplified method 208 4
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 256 5
- company secretarial software 104 1
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 365 13
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,941 32
- Share restructure 327 12
- Liquidation of Subsiduary 145 4
- Unknown cash receipt 1,840 14
- P11d error 423 9
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 726
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 496
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 342
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 336
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 261
- VAT on Gaming Machines 210
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 196
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 180
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 172
- Director Loan account operation 146