accounting has had its day!
One of the main reasons for going into accountancy was to make a good living.
After all - no-one enjoys number crunching all day long - let alone how unhealthy it is - sitting down all day staring at a screen.
Fees are on a downward spiral - not that much to be made.
Look at some of the fees on various websites that are now being charged - ive even seen it being offered free.
Automation and law changes will only put a further dent on your potential fees.
Tax avoidance strategies are limited - or those being offered are illeagal
People on here bang on about networking. Its had its day. These things are crawling with so called accountants - both online and real networking. Same goes for magazine articles, newspaper articles, advertising etc... - its not worth it.
ALL accountants are struggling nowdays - even the big ones - because opportunities are limted. -- The general public dont like accountants – because there is nothing tangible being offered.
There are opportunities for bookeeping - but what a tedious way to live.
The whole accounting profession is dramatically changing (for the better in my opinion) because the traditional accountant is no longer needed - and the high fees charged are rapidly becoming a thing of the past.
It doesnt matter how many curries you give away, how professional you make yourself look through a website, how many networking events you attend, how you think you are tech savvy by offering cloud (every man and his rabbit will offer it in the end), how much free tax advice you give away (its on the net anyway) - punters are not silly - the profession is doomed.
It used to be first meeting free - now its first set of accounts free - think about it.
The combination of automation(a good thing), government wising up to tax dodges(a good thing), downward fee spiral(a good thing) and every man and his dog offering accountancy services, - will end it all.
Think about it - fixed number of clients - increasing number of self employed accountants = downwrd fees spiral.
Do something you enjoy food, art, music whatever - your living standard will not be much worse AND youll be free and happier.
Thnx and Rgds
- New intermediaries reporting requirements 94 1
- SA1 forms 333 12
- Changing shareholding ratio 52 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 111 5
- Goodwill Entrepreneurs Relief 64 1
- ICPA 415 6
- Do I need to see receipts ? 670 10
- Share disclosure re- Power of Attorney 136 5
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 518 12
- VAT on services to EC customer 163 3
- Delayed option to tax 171 3
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 209 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 831 23
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 338 3
- Cloud backups – know what you are getting … 417 7
- Redundancy Pay 329 4
- question about merging two companies... 197 1
- Latest repayment email =interesting paragraph 439 3
- CG on Spanish property disposal 236 7
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 516 5
- Sainsbury's mangement 819
- Avanti Accounts 672
- Have I done the right thing? 644
- Calling franchise accountants 629
- Continuity Agreement 625
- Consolidated accounting software (or cloud based) 482
- Sage One Reports - do they add up? 356
- Scammers 320
- Advice please! 227
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 211