accounting has had its day!
One of the main reasons for going into accountancy was to make a good living.
After all - no-one enjoys number crunching all day long - let alone how unhealthy it is - sitting down all day staring at a screen.
Fees are on a downward spiral - not that much to be made.
Look at some of the fees on various websites that are now being charged - ive even seen it being offered free.
Automation and law changes will only put a further dent on your potential fees.
Tax avoidance strategies are limited - or those being offered are illeagal
People on here bang on about networking. Its had its day. These things are crawling with so called accountants - both online and real networking. Same goes for magazine articles, newspaper articles, advertising etc... - its not worth it.
ALL accountants are struggling nowdays - even the big ones - because opportunities are limted. -- The general public dont like accountants – because there is nothing tangible being offered.
There are opportunities for bookeeping - but what a tedious way to live.
The whole accounting profession is dramatically changing (for the better in my opinion) because the traditional accountant is no longer needed - and the high fees charged are rapidly becoming a thing of the past.
It doesnt matter how many curries you give away, how professional you make yourself look through a website, how many networking events you attend, how you think you are tech savvy by offering cloud (every man and his rabbit will offer it in the end), how much free tax advice you give away (its on the net anyway) - punters are not silly - the profession is doomed.
It used to be first meeting free - now its first set of accounts free - think about it.
The combination of automation(a good thing), government wising up to tax dodges(a good thing), downward fee spiral(a good thing) and every man and his dog offering accountancy services, - will end it all.
Think about it - fixed number of clients - increasing number of self employed accountants = downwrd fees spiral.
Do something you enjoy food, art, music whatever - your living standard will not be much worse AND youll be free and happier.
Thnx and Rgds
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 360 5
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,174 30
- Treatment of private ambulances on introduction to business 137 4
- New Company reviews please 624 16
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 1,072 33
- Business only use of company car 744 27
- Voluntary Disclosure 392 8
- Gift to son by parents 159 1
- valuation of vehicles 490 19
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 285 4
- Director Salaries - Sole Director Limited Company who is also employed elsewhere 174 1
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 404 3
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 462 4
- BTC is slow 309 3
- Director registration for SA question 531 17
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 467 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 518 22
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 526 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 366 4
- VAT with Russia 284 2
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 321
- Any thoughts on Capium? 259
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 258
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 248
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 227
- auto enrolment 200
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 186
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 172
- How to account for investment in JV? 165
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 158