accounting has had its day!
One of the main reasons for going into accountancy was to make a good living.
After all - no-one enjoys number crunching all day long - let alone how unhealthy it is - sitting down all day staring at a screen.
Fees are on a downward spiral - not that much to be made.
Look at some of the fees on various websites that are now being charged - ive even seen it being offered free.
Automation and law changes will only put a further dent on your potential fees.
Tax avoidance strategies are limited - or those being offered are illeagal
People on here bang on about networking. Its had its day. These things are crawling with so called accountants - both online and real networking. Same goes for magazine articles, newspaper articles, advertising etc... - its not worth it.
ALL accountants are struggling nowdays - even the big ones - because opportunities are limted. -- The general public dont like accountants – because there is nothing tangible being offered.
There are opportunities for bookeeping - but what a tedious way to live.
The whole accounting profession is dramatically changing (for the better in my opinion) because the traditional accountant is no longer needed - and the high fees charged are rapidly becoming a thing of the past.
It doesnt matter how many curries you give away, how professional you make yourself look through a website, how many networking events you attend, how you think you are tech savvy by offering cloud (every man and his rabbit will offer it in the end), how much free tax advice you give away (its on the net anyway) - punters are not silly - the profession is doomed.
It used to be first meeting free - now its first set of accounts free - think about it.
The combination of automation(a good thing), government wising up to tax dodges(a good thing), downward fee spiral(a good thing) and every man and his dog offering accountancy services, - will end it all.
Think about it - fixed number of clients - increasing number of self employed accountants = downwrd fees spiral.
Do something you enjoy food, art, music whatever - your living standard will not be much worse AND youll be free and happier.
Thnx and Rgds
- 2020 Annual Conference 127 1
- Winning clients from retiring accountant - ethics/morals 1,521 12
- Microsoft One Drive 430 14
- Thinning income 360 4
- Allowable for Corporation Tax? 273 6
- Bank Statement Scanning Software? 153 2
- Work to Rented Business Premises 188 1
- Not a question but made my day 1,177 23
- Directors, service companies and national minimum wage (NMW) - Profit extraction 388 11
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 1,152 24
- IHT400 or IHT205 - disagree with solicitor 152 1
- Amending 13-14 sole trader return to reflect increased profit in 14-15 276 4
- I forgiven loan an Output? 173 2
- V T Software 256 2
- How do I know if I have to apply a reverse charge mechanism 152 3
- SA302's - What's the deal? 356 4
- tax credits 310 4
- Past rental expenses 140 1
- What do do about VAT? 560 15
- Buying a company for £2000 from owner how it works? 309 5
- NHS finance professionals 599
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 391
- Foreign Pension Contribution 363
- vat gross profit percentage margins 335
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 326
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 307
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 275
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 235
- Quickbooks online filing of VAT 221
- IFA income recognition & reporting 201