accounting has had its day!
One of the main reasons for going into accountancy was to make a good living.
After all - no-one enjoys number crunching all day long - let alone how unhealthy it is - sitting down all day staring at a screen.
Fees are on a downward spiral - not that much to be made.
Look at some of the fees on various websites that are now being charged - ive even seen it being offered free.
Automation and law changes will only put a further dent on your potential fees.
Tax avoidance strategies are limited - or those being offered are illeagal
People on here bang on about networking. Its had its day. These things are crawling with so called accountants - both online and real networking. Same goes for magazine articles, newspaper articles, advertising etc... - its not worth it.
ALL accountants are struggling nowdays - even the big ones - because opportunities are limted. -- The general public dont like accountants – because there is nothing tangible being offered.
There are opportunities for bookeeping - but what a tedious way to live.
The whole accounting profession is dramatically changing (for the better in my opinion) because the traditional accountant is no longer needed - and the high fees charged are rapidly becoming a thing of the past.
It doesnt matter how many curries you give away, how professional you make yourself look through a website, how many networking events you attend, how you think you are tech savvy by offering cloud (every man and his rabbit will offer it in the end), how much free tax advice you give away (its on the net anyway) - punters are not silly - the profession is doomed.
It used to be first meeting free - now its first set of accounts free - think about it.
The combination of automation(a good thing), government wising up to tax dodges(a good thing), downward fee spiral(a good thing) and every man and his dog offering accountancy services, - will end it all.
Think about it - fixed number of clients - increasing number of self employed accountants = downwrd fees spiral.
Do something you enjoy food, art, music whatever - your living standard will not be much worse AND youll be free and happier.
Thnx and Rgds
- Legal fees selling rental property 171 3
- Deferred Tax 193 4
- Tax on income from discretionary trust in SATR 40 2
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,243 16
- physiotherapy clinic 574 4
- Running two businesses from the same premises 148 2
- Directors taking money out of business, how to record in sage instant accounts. 34 1
- VAT Registration for locum Doctors 313 8
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,025 26
- hMRand Customs Powers of Arrest 2,790 23
- Late Registration for VAT 179 5
- Registering a company late 245 6
- Can someone help me please I don't know how to correct an error regarding an intercompany bank transfer on sage 285 4
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 1,939 18
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 105 2
- Preference shares treated as liabilities 108 1
- I've not operated a payroll - will i get charged on late PAYE payments? 426 7
- How much of your work is admin? 259 1
- HMRC Let Property Campaign 1,802 19
- Goodwill complications 167 2
- TheTax Donut 1,012
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 678
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 624
- Follower cases 489
- Limited company purchase of property 416
- Hive up 415
- corporate hierarchy 382
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 379
- LIVE chat, starting now 330
- AIA or IFA 213