accounting has had its day!
One of the main reasons for going into accountancy was to make a good living.
After all - no-one enjoys number crunching all day long - let alone how unhealthy it is - sitting down all day staring at a screen.
Fees are on a downward spiral - not that much to be made.
Look at some of the fees on various websites that are now being charged - ive even seen it being offered free.
Automation and law changes will only put a further dent on your potential fees.
Tax avoidance strategies are limited - or those being offered are illeagal
People on here bang on about networking. Its had its day. These things are crawling with so called accountants - both online and real networking. Same goes for magazine articles, newspaper articles, advertising etc... - its not worth it.
ALL accountants are struggling nowdays - even the big ones - because opportunities are limted. -- The general public dont like accountants – because there is nothing tangible being offered.
There are opportunities for bookeeping - but what a tedious way to live.
The whole accounting profession is dramatically changing (for the better in my opinion) because the traditional accountant is no longer needed - and the high fees charged are rapidly becoming a thing of the past.
It doesnt matter how many curries you give away, how professional you make yourself look through a website, how many networking events you attend, how you think you are tech savvy by offering cloud (every man and his rabbit will offer it in the end), how much free tax advice you give away (its on the net anyway) - punters are not silly - the profession is doomed.
It used to be first meeting free - now its first set of accounts free - think about it.
The combination of automation(a good thing), government wising up to tax dodges(a good thing), downward fee spiral(a good thing) and every man and his dog offering accountancy services, - will end it all.
Think about it - fixed number of clients - increasing number of self employed accountants = downwrd fees spiral.
Do something you enjoy food, art, music whatever - your living standard will not be much worse AND youll be free and happier.
Thnx and Rgds
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 69 4
- 24 Month Rule - New Employer 122 1
- Unaudited accounts and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation 60 3
- Is VAT payable on insurance claims received ?? 58 3
- late vat registration and immediate deregistration 121 3
- VAT Registration 316 5
- CIS and Close Company 38 1
- should Van be included in plant or motor vehicles? 61 2
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 219 6
- VAT Option to tax 424 14
- PPR qualifying period while living in employer accommodation? 112 3
- How far back can you get dates of property purchases 51 1
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,237 19
- husband and wife dividends 403 11
- Capital allowance vehicle exchange 144 5
- What is considered an acceptable price for arable farming land 305 6
- Sage Instant Accounts 73 2
- LLP members share of profits 567 31
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 164 1
- why prior period posting will be single entry transaction and it wont have any balance transaction 274 4
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 903
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 634
- Free Tax Legislation? 394
- Director Loan account operation 393
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 317
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 313
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 284
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 217
- Paye procedures for CVA 216
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 177