accounting has had its day!
One of the main reasons for going into accountancy was to make a good living.
After all - no-one enjoys number crunching all day long - let alone how unhealthy it is - sitting down all day staring at a screen.
Fees are on a downward spiral - not that much to be made.
Look at some of the fees on various websites that are now being charged - ive even seen it being offered free.
Automation and law changes will only put a further dent on your potential fees.
Tax avoidance strategies are limited - or those being offered are illeagal
People on here bang on about networking. Its had its day. These things are crawling with so called accountants - both online and real networking. Same goes for magazine articles, newspaper articles, advertising etc... - its not worth it.
ALL accountants are struggling nowdays - even the big ones - because opportunities are limted. -- The general public dont like accountants – because there is nothing tangible being offered.
There are opportunities for bookeeping - but what a tedious way to live.
The whole accounting profession is dramatically changing (for the better in my opinion) because the traditional accountant is no longer needed - and the high fees charged are rapidly becoming a thing of the past.
It doesnt matter how many curries you give away, how professional you make yourself look through a website, how many networking events you attend, how you think you are tech savvy by offering cloud (every man and his rabbit will offer it in the end), how much free tax advice you give away (its on the net anyway) - punters are not silly - the profession is doomed.
It used to be first meeting free - now its first set of accounts free - think about it.
The combination of automation(a good thing), government wising up to tax dodges(a good thing), downward fee spiral(a good thing) and every man and his dog offering accountancy services, - will end it all.
Think about it - fixed number of clients - increasing number of self employed accountants = downwrd fees spiral.
Do something you enjoy food, art, music whatever - your living standard will not be much worse AND youll be free and happier.
Thnx and Rgds
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 9 1
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 213 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,210 19
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 340 6
- Go Cardless 368 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 304 3
- Mehjoo 321 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 108 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 365 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 187 4
- SA302 328 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 289 13
- Bringing money to Uk 286 4
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 214 4
- Hmrc software 249 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 173 1
- Hosted email exchange 188 5
- South African Government Pension 183 1
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 377 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 325 13
- Xtuple 515
- Qtac payroll for bureau 355
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 298
- Industrial & Provident Societies 292
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 233
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 207
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 204
- Domain name sale and limited company 178
- CIS schemes 175
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 151