accounting has had its day!
One of the main reasons for going into accountancy was to make a good living.
After all - no-one enjoys number crunching all day long - let alone how unhealthy it is - sitting down all day staring at a screen.
Fees are on a downward spiral - not that much to be made.
Look at some of the fees on various websites that are now being charged - ive even seen it being offered free.
Automation and law changes will only put a further dent on your potential fees.
Tax avoidance strategies are limited - or those being offered are illeagal
People on here bang on about networking. Its had its day. These things are crawling with so called accountants - both online and real networking. Same goes for magazine articles, newspaper articles, advertising etc... - its not worth it.
ALL accountants are struggling nowdays - even the big ones - because opportunities are limted. -- The general public dont like accountants – because there is nothing tangible being offered.
There are opportunities for bookeeping - but what a tedious way to live.
The whole accounting profession is dramatically changing (for the better in my opinion) because the traditional accountant is no longer needed - and the high fees charged are rapidly becoming a thing of the past.
It doesnt matter how many curries you give away, how professional you make yourself look through a website, how many networking events you attend, how you think you are tech savvy by offering cloud (every man and his rabbit will offer it in the end), how much free tax advice you give away (its on the net anyway) - punters are not silly - the profession is doomed.
It used to be first meeting free - now its first set of accounts free - think about it.
The combination of automation(a good thing), government wising up to tax dodges(a good thing), downward fee spiral(a good thing) and every man and his dog offering accountancy services, - will end it all.
Think about it - fixed number of clients - increasing number of self employed accountants = downwrd fees spiral.
Do something you enjoy food, art, music whatever - your living standard will not be much worse AND youll be free and happier.
Thnx and Rgds
- What does it mean?? 339 11
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 285 13
- VAT on motor expenses 889 32
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 81 1
- Sage Payroll with 'employees' not having tax or NI deducted 63 1
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,705 22
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,300 40
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 93 1
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 138 3
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 160 7
- Introduction of Goodwill 191 5
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 156 4
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 743 19
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 387 12
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 207 9
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 330 11
- Sage 50 (2010) 114 2
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 394 3
- Recommendation of US tax adviser? 94 1
- Notes to statutory accounts 327 15
- Skandia using wrong address 1,548
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 853
- International interest certificate 471
- NOVA 328
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 232
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 219
- Bonus Bonds 209
- Management expenses for investment company 207
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 203
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 192