accounting has had its day!
One of the main reasons for going into accountancy was to make a good living.
After all - no-one enjoys number crunching all day long - let alone how unhealthy it is - sitting down all day staring at a screen.
Fees are on a downward spiral - not that much to be made.
Look at some of the fees on various websites that are now being charged - ive even seen it being offered free.
Automation and law changes will only put a further dent on your potential fees.
Tax avoidance strategies are limited - or those being offered are illeagal
People on here bang on about networking. Its had its day. These things are crawling with so called accountants - both online and real networking. Same goes for magazine articles, newspaper articles, advertising etc... - its not worth it.
ALL accountants are struggling nowdays - even the big ones - because opportunities are limted. -- The general public dont like accountants – because there is nothing tangible being offered.
There are opportunities for bookeeping - but what a tedious way to live.
The whole accounting profession is dramatically changing (for the better in my opinion) because the traditional accountant is no longer needed - and the high fees charged are rapidly becoming a thing of the past.
It doesnt matter how many curries you give away, how professional you make yourself look through a website, how many networking events you attend, how you think you are tech savvy by offering cloud (every man and his rabbit will offer it in the end), how much free tax advice you give away (its on the net anyway) - punters are not silly - the profession is doomed.
It used to be first meeting free - now its first set of accounts free - think about it.
The combination of automation(a good thing), government wising up to tax dodges(a good thing), downward fee spiral(a good thing) and every man and his dog offering accountancy services, - will end it all.
Think about it - fixed number of clients - increasing number of self employed accountants = downwrd fees spiral.
Do something you enjoy food, art, music whatever - your living standard will not be much worse AND youll be free and happier.
Thnx and Rgds
- Paid too much !! 295 3
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 157 2
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 106 3
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 235 1
- will this work for IHT 256 2
- Best software for small practice? 645 20
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,749 39
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 283 7
- Taxfiler been down since mid-afternoon 237 5
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 497 17
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 140 1
- Company separation for Wholesale & Retail businesses 114 1
- Selling a VAT Qualifying vehicle at a loss 122 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 481 15
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 751 11
- Sports Sponsorship 171 1
- New Shareholder and Purchase of Own Share 281 17
- Opt To Tax Refund 215 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 281 6
- Is the CT61 return dead? 1,334 14
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 769
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 455
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 276
- DTA tie-breaker issue 263
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 250
- CGT for NOn UK residents 224
- Apprenticeship Levy 203
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 195
- Capital Gains personal representatives 184
- Just checking re PSA 176