accounting has had its day!
One of the main reasons for going into accountancy was to make a good living.
After all - no-one enjoys number crunching all day long - let alone how unhealthy it is - sitting down all day staring at a screen.
Fees are on a downward spiral - not that much to be made.
Look at some of the fees on various websites that are now being charged - ive even seen it being offered free.
Automation and law changes will only put a further dent on your potential fees.
Tax avoidance strategies are limited - or those being offered are illeagal
People on here bang on about networking. Its had its day. These things are crawling with so called accountants - both online and real networking. Same goes for magazine articles, newspaper articles, advertising etc... - its not worth it.
ALL accountants are struggling nowdays - even the big ones - because opportunities are limted. -- The general public dont like accountants – because there is nothing tangible being offered.
There are opportunities for bookeeping - but what a tedious way to live.
The whole accounting profession is dramatically changing (for the better in my opinion) because the traditional accountant is no longer needed - and the high fees charged are rapidly becoming a thing of the past.
It doesnt matter how many curries you give away, how professional you make yourself look through a website, how many networking events you attend, how you think you are tech savvy by offering cloud (every man and his rabbit will offer it in the end), how much free tax advice you give away (its on the net anyway) - punters are not silly - the profession is doomed.
It used to be first meeting free - now its first set of accounts free - think about it.
The combination of automation(a good thing), government wising up to tax dodges(a good thing), downward fee spiral(a good thing) and every man and his dog offering accountancy services, - will end it all.
Think about it - fixed number of clients - increasing number of self employed accountants = downwrd fees spiral.
Do something you enjoy food, art, music whatever - your living standard will not be much worse AND youll be free and happier.
Thnx and Rgds
- SAGE con 132 2
- Dazed & confused 65 2
- Related Parties Note 370 8
- Goodwill ammortisation 215 2
- Overpayment relief claim 98 4
- How to prepare and Finalize Vat company accounts 210 9
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,506 63
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 499 28
- Charity reserves 105 2
- Aggressive HMRC 1,456 16
- New HMRC phone answering method ... 489 8
- Test purchases in VAT enquiries 125 1
- Aweb Fantasy Practice 1,239 19
- do I have to pay NI? 260 4
- Where can I get Quickbooks help 94 3
- rates of pay query 144 1
- Flat rate vat error 417 8
- Can you recognize revenue on asset sold and bought back at a later stage? 95 2
- How to format a stock book 393 2
- Can you get tax deduction for legal fees on sale of debtors 272 8
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 996
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 540
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 358
- Tax efficient holding company structure 284
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 268
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 209
- Charge out rates in London? 201
- Personal consumption by landlord 177
- Pension contributions higher rate extension? 176
- Interest on Loan to a Company 169