accounting has had its day!
One of the main reasons for going into accountancy was to make a good living.
After all - no-one enjoys number crunching all day long - let alone how unhealthy it is - sitting down all day staring at a screen.
Fees are on a downward spiral - not that much to be made.
Look at some of the fees on various websites that are now being charged - ive even seen it being offered free.
Automation and law changes will only put a further dent on your potential fees.
Tax avoidance strategies are limited - or those being offered are illeagal
People on here bang on about networking. Its had its day. These things are crawling with so called accountants - both online and real networking. Same goes for magazine articles, newspaper articles, advertising etc... - its not worth it.
ALL accountants are struggling nowdays - even the big ones - because opportunities are limted. -- The general public dont like accountants – because there is nothing tangible being offered.
There are opportunities for bookeeping - but what a tedious way to live.
The whole accounting profession is dramatically changing (for the better in my opinion) because the traditional accountant is no longer needed - and the high fees charged are rapidly becoming a thing of the past.
It doesnt matter how many curries you give away, how professional you make yourself look through a website, how many networking events you attend, how you think you are tech savvy by offering cloud (every man and his rabbit will offer it in the end), how much free tax advice you give away (its on the net anyway) - punters are not silly - the profession is doomed.
It used to be first meeting free - now its first set of accounts free - think about it.
The combination of automation(a good thing), government wising up to tax dodges(a good thing), downward fee spiral(a good thing) and every man and his dog offering accountancy services, - will end it all.
Think about it - fixed number of clients - increasing number of self employed accountants = downwrd fees spiral.
Do something you enjoy food, art, music whatever - your living standard will not be much worse AND youll be free and happier.
Thnx and Rgds
- VAT flat rate scheme 171 3
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 247 8
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 230 4
- Client information from previous accountant 70 1
- Closing down - who should buy whom? 88 2
- How long do legal aid take to pay? 74 1
- Two questions re client meetings and TR Fees 359 5
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 218 2
- Liability account to deal with loans from owner 130 5
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,658 31
- PAYE NI 110 2
- quote for winding down two companies and file accounts 114 1
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 821 14
- How much to charge? 701 10
- break even point 1,006 30
- Trustee in Bankruptcy 177 5
- Accomodation and travel 206 1
- Unpaid Fee's 352 6
- Issue with a software supplier 238 4
- Is there a requirement to clearly state the amount of a bill? 313 5
- Possible Partnership? 514
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 495
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 469
- New Fangled Penalties 309
- Clubs and Taxable Income 260
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 257
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 251
- Loans to other companies 193
- Tasbook email configuration 185
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 169