accounting has had its day!
One of the main reasons for going into accountancy was to make a good living.
After all - no-one enjoys number crunching all day long - let alone how unhealthy it is - sitting down all day staring at a screen.
Fees are on a downward spiral - not that much to be made.
Look at some of the fees on various websites that are now being charged - ive even seen it being offered free.
Automation and law changes will only put a further dent on your potential fees.
Tax avoidance strategies are limited - or those being offered are illeagal
People on here bang on about networking. Its had its day. These things are crawling with so called accountants - both online and real networking. Same goes for magazine articles, newspaper articles, advertising etc... - its not worth it.
ALL accountants are struggling nowdays - even the big ones - because opportunities are limted. -- The general public dont like accountants – because there is nothing tangible being offered.
There are opportunities for bookeeping - but what a tedious way to live.
The whole accounting profession is dramatically changing (for the better in my opinion) because the traditional accountant is no longer needed - and the high fees charged are rapidly becoming a thing of the past.
It doesnt matter how many curries you give away, how professional you make yourself look through a website, how many networking events you attend, how you think you are tech savvy by offering cloud (every man and his rabbit will offer it in the end), how much free tax advice you give away (its on the net anyway) - punters are not silly - the profession is doomed.
It used to be first meeting free - now its first set of accounts free - think about it.
The combination of automation(a good thing), government wising up to tax dodges(a good thing), downward fee spiral(a good thing) and every man and his dog offering accountancy services, - will end it all.
Think about it - fixed number of clients - increasing number of self employed accountants = downwrd fees spiral.
Do something you enjoy food, art, music whatever - your living standard will not be much worse AND youll be free and happier.
Thnx and Rgds
- Share premium or Directors Loan 756 31
- Enquiry into tax return - how co-operative would you be? 374 8
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,432 47
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 171 3
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 447 12
- VAT reconciliation and VAT return on Sage 122 3
- What would you do in this situation? 184 5
- Filing a P87 (professional fees) before year end. 143 2
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 618 13
- More HMRC on gov.uk 647 11
- Rollover relief - when does gain crystallise in this situation? 98 1
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 347 14
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 249 4
- Research and development - repayment timescale 221 5
- Sole trader hid directorships. 403 6
- NOVA 558 1
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 280 10
- Regional Development Grant 131 4
- Problem ex client...again.. 2,456 21
- Company car without a salary 246 2
- Bonus Bonds 392
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 383
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 295
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 261
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 188
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 184
- Company Car Lease 158
- Finance Lease 158
- Form 42 150
- Demerger Reserve 132