accounting has had its day!
One of the main reasons for going into accountancy was to make a good living.
After all - no-one enjoys number crunching all day long - let alone how unhealthy it is - sitting down all day staring at a screen.
Fees are on a downward spiral - not that much to be made.
Look at some of the fees on various websites that are now being charged - ive even seen it being offered free.
Automation and law changes will only put a further dent on your potential fees.
Tax avoidance strategies are limited - or those being offered are illeagal
People on here bang on about networking. Its had its day. These things are crawling with so called accountants - both online and real networking. Same goes for magazine articles, newspaper articles, advertising etc... - its not worth it.
ALL accountants are struggling nowdays - even the big ones - because opportunities are limted. -- The general public dont like accountants – because there is nothing tangible being offered.
There are opportunities for bookeeping - but what a tedious way to live.
The whole accounting profession is dramatically changing (for the better in my opinion) because the traditional accountant is no longer needed - and the high fees charged are rapidly becoming a thing of the past.
It doesnt matter how many curries you give away, how professional you make yourself look through a website, how many networking events you attend, how you think you are tech savvy by offering cloud (every man and his rabbit will offer it in the end), how much free tax advice you give away (its on the net anyway) - punters are not silly - the profession is doomed.
It used to be first meeting free - now its first set of accounts free - think about it.
The combination of automation(a good thing), government wising up to tax dodges(a good thing), downward fee spiral(a good thing) and every man and his dog offering accountancy services, - will end it all.
Think about it - fixed number of clients - increasing number of self employed accountants = downwrd fees spiral.
Do something you enjoy food, art, music whatever - your living standard will not be much worse AND youll be free and happier.
Thnx and Rgds
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 210 5
- Auto Enrol with Salary exchange 93 2
- GRNI - Normal Balance 133 5
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 188 2
- VAT - Check on clients business 927 38
- Compare 2 lists 1,732 32
- Voluntary dissolution of company 180 1
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,325 25
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 135 1
- Post AAT? 719 4
- Second Limited Company 157 2
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,691 38
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 299 6
- Tax implication on superannuation 185 3
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,580 25
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 273 3
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 230 8
- Tax Fines - HMRC 828 13
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 523 10
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 305 8