accounting has had its day!
One of the main reasons for going into accountancy was to make a good living.
After all - no-one enjoys number crunching all day long - let alone how unhealthy it is - sitting down all day staring at a screen.
Fees are on a downward spiral - not that much to be made.
Look at some of the fees on various websites that are now being charged - ive even seen it being offered free.
Automation and law changes will only put a further dent on your potential fees.
Tax avoidance strategies are limited - or those being offered are illeagal
People on here bang on about networking. Its had its day. These things are crawling with so called accountants - both online and real networking. Same goes for magazine articles, newspaper articles, advertising etc... - its not worth it.
ALL accountants are struggling nowdays - even the big ones - because opportunities are limted. -- The general public dont like accountants – because there is nothing tangible being offered.
There are opportunities for bookeeping - but what a tedious way to live.
The whole accounting profession is dramatically changing (for the better in my opinion) because the traditional accountant is no longer needed - and the high fees charged are rapidly becoming a thing of the past.
It doesnt matter how many curries you give away, how professional you make yourself look through a website, how many networking events you attend, how you think you are tech savvy by offering cloud (every man and his rabbit will offer it in the end), how much free tax advice you give away (its on the net anyway) - punters are not silly - the profession is doomed.
It used to be first meeting free - now its first set of accounts free - think about it.
The combination of automation(a good thing), government wising up to tax dodges(a good thing), downward fee spiral(a good thing) and every man and his dog offering accountancy services, - will end it all.
Think about it - fixed number of clients - increasing number of self employed accountants = downwrd fees spiral.
Do something you enjoy food, art, music whatever - your living standard will not be much worse AND youll be free and happier.
Thnx and Rgds
- Director payroll - prorated NI? 149 5
- SA800 Returns 202 4
- state pension statement 695 9
- Allocation of internal division of work - manger level 216 10
- VAT on EU supplies 18 1
- VAT on purchse from EU supplier but goods were sent outside of EU from supplier 75 1
- Terminal Trade Loss Relief 139 4
- VAT on Vocational Training Courses supplied to a Charity Org? 76 1
- Goodwill adjustment 178 5
- Capital Gains on Residential Property 360 22
- Company dividends 308 9
- Broadband costs 129 1
- Losses B/F and Class 4 NIC 85 1
- is PMI for directors and families 126 2
- Non resident income. 188 10
- US-UK pension problem 116 2
- Contribution to charity as % of profit 301 15
- Use of home deduction 380 12
- Software 180 3
- smp employee made redundant 164 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 845
- Copy Wanted 584
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 526
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 505
- Latest phishing scam 382
- Entrepreneurs' relief 362
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 317
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 304
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 293
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 205