accounting has had its day!
One of the main reasons for going into accountancy was to make a good living.
After all - no-one enjoys number crunching all day long - let alone how unhealthy it is - sitting down all day staring at a screen.
Fees are on a downward spiral - not that much to be made.
Look at some of the fees on various websites that are now being charged - ive even seen it being offered free.
Automation and law changes will only put a further dent on your potential fees.
Tax avoidance strategies are limited - or those being offered are illeagal
People on here bang on about networking. Its had its day. These things are crawling with so called accountants - both online and real networking. Same goes for magazine articles, newspaper articles, advertising etc... - its not worth it.
ALL accountants are struggling nowdays - even the big ones - because opportunities are limted. -- The general public dont like accountants – because there is nothing tangible being offered.
There are opportunities for bookeeping - but what a tedious way to live.
The whole accounting profession is dramatically changing (for the better in my opinion) because the traditional accountant is no longer needed - and the high fees charged are rapidly becoming a thing of the past.
It doesnt matter how many curries you give away, how professional you make yourself look through a website, how many networking events you attend, how you think you are tech savvy by offering cloud (every man and his rabbit will offer it in the end), how much free tax advice you give away (its on the net anyway) - punters are not silly - the profession is doomed.
It used to be first meeting free - now its first set of accounts free - think about it.
The combination of automation(a good thing), government wising up to tax dodges(a good thing), downward fee spiral(a good thing) and every man and his dog offering accountancy services, - will end it all.
Think about it - fixed number of clients - increasing number of self employed accountants = downwrd fees spiral.
Do something you enjoy food, art, music whatever - your living standard will not be much worse AND youll be free and happier.
Thnx and Rgds
- Cash in Hand 175 3
- Buy to let and capitak gain 193 5
- are receipts needed? 637 17
- SA302's anyone?? 621 18
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 337 8
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 150 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 358 12
- Busines software 183 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 211 6
- Converting a barn for business use 190 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 320 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 327 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 496 10
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 336 3
- Bookkeping software 739 7
- Clogged Losses 290 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 285 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 671 10
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 282 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 138 1
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 910
- International interest certificate 523
- NOVA 375
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 336
- Management expenses for investment company 278
- Bonus Bonds 276
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 187
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 171
- EXACT ONLINE 169
- P11D benefit received by widow 167