accounting has had its day!
One of the main reasons for going into accountancy was to make a good living.
After all - no-one enjoys number crunching all day long - let alone how unhealthy it is - sitting down all day staring at a screen.
Fees are on a downward spiral - not that much to be made.
Look at some of the fees on various websites that are now being charged - ive even seen it being offered free.
Automation and law changes will only put a further dent on your potential fees.
Tax avoidance strategies are limited - or those being offered are illeagal
People on here bang on about networking. Its had its day. These things are crawling with so called accountants - both online and real networking. Same goes for magazine articles, newspaper articles, advertising etc... - its not worth it.
ALL accountants are struggling nowdays - even the big ones - because opportunities are limted. -- The general public dont like accountants – because there is nothing tangible being offered.
There are opportunities for bookeeping - but what a tedious way to live.
The whole accounting profession is dramatically changing (for the better in my opinion) because the traditional accountant is no longer needed - and the high fees charged are rapidly becoming a thing of the past.
It doesnt matter how many curries you give away, how professional you make yourself look through a website, how many networking events you attend, how you think you are tech savvy by offering cloud (every man and his rabbit will offer it in the end), how much free tax advice you give away (its on the net anyway) - punters are not silly - the profession is doomed.
It used to be first meeting free - now its first set of accounts free - think about it.
The combination of automation(a good thing), government wising up to tax dodges(a good thing), downward fee spiral(a good thing) and every man and his dog offering accountancy services, - will end it all.
Think about it - fixed number of clients - increasing number of self employed accountants = downwrd fees spiral.
Do something you enjoy food, art, music whatever - your living standard will not be much worse AND youll be free and happier.
Thnx and Rgds
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 49 2
- Where has Portia gone? 1,711 65
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 232 7
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 366 4
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 267 5
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 226 6
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 898 21
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 179 3
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 108 1
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 192 11
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 394 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 335 9
- Merging my businesses 142 2
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,725 73
- Spousal transfer and PPR 518 16
- VAT on commercial property 153 3
- Rogue Accountant 3,050 49
- deceased creditor 211 5
- Corporate member of LLP 281 1
- Investment company 275 6
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 782
- RTI - duplicate employee record 539
- Pensions Regulator 445
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 405
- Sage Vat return box 2 308
- Sanzar 306
- Digital marketing focus group 289
- How do you do it 280
- Portia ... Where art thou 273
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 260