accounting has had its day!
One of the main reasons for going into accountancy was to make a good living.
After all - no-one enjoys number crunching all day long - let alone how unhealthy it is - sitting down all day staring at a screen.
Fees are on a downward spiral - not that much to be made.
Look at some of the fees on various websites that are now being charged - ive even seen it being offered free.
Automation and law changes will only put a further dent on your potential fees.
Tax avoidance strategies are limited - or those being offered are illeagal
People on here bang on about networking. Its had its day. These things are crawling with so called accountants - both online and real networking. Same goes for magazine articles, newspaper articles, advertising etc... - its not worth it.
ALL accountants are struggling nowdays - even the big ones - because opportunities are limted. -- The general public dont like accountants – because there is nothing tangible being offered.
There are opportunities for bookeeping - but what a tedious way to live.
The whole accounting profession is dramatically changing (for the better in my opinion) because the traditional accountant is no longer needed - and the high fees charged are rapidly becoming a thing of the past.
It doesnt matter how many curries you give away, how professional you make yourself look through a website, how many networking events you attend, how you think you are tech savvy by offering cloud (every man and his rabbit will offer it in the end), how much free tax advice you give away (its on the net anyway) - punters are not silly - the profession is doomed.
It used to be first meeting free - now its first set of accounts free - think about it.
The combination of automation(a good thing), government wising up to tax dodges(a good thing), downward fee spiral(a good thing) and every man and his dog offering accountancy services, - will end it all.
Think about it - fixed number of clients - increasing number of self employed accountants = downwrd fees spiral.
Do something you enjoy food, art, music whatever - your living standard will not be much worse AND youll be free and happier.
Thnx and Rgds
- Charity Account-independent examiner 217 4
- Concurrent users 786 11
- Bank account frozen 187 4
- Can employer reduce my ACCA tuition fees? 91 1
- Comment Deletion 127 1
- change director details just before striking-off 149 2
- owner paying for purchases and other expenses from personal account 212 4
- Where to enter asset disposal proceeds on CT600 106 1
- VAT on Second Hand Touring Caravans 233 7
- Set-off interest received against interest paid? 119 1
- VAT and selling on Amazon 119 1
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 885 26
- Writing Website Content 692 23
- Share valuation upon death of shareholder 141 2
- Pension contributions and childcare vouchers 194 4
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 256 2
- Badges of trade 368 6
- Can HMRC charge penalties now for a tax return due for 2005? 305 4
- CT61 Interest - Is it voluntary? 161 2
- AIA 362 5
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 454
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 425
- Electric Car 359
- S222 Charge 288
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 266
- IP trans to holding company 224
- Payroll Manager - tax code for starter declaration 'C' 208
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 198
- Career advice needed regarding accouting systems analysis 171
- Simple Partnership Agreement Template 170