accounting has had its day!
One of the main reasons for going into accountancy was to make a good living.
After all - no-one enjoys number crunching all day long - let alone how unhealthy it is - sitting down all day staring at a screen.
Fees are on a downward spiral - not that much to be made.
Look at some of the fees on various websites that are now being charged - ive even seen it being offered free.
Automation and law changes will only put a further dent on your potential fees.
Tax avoidance strategies are limited - or those being offered are illeagal
People on here bang on about networking. Its had its day. These things are crawling with so called accountants - both online and real networking. Same goes for magazine articles, newspaper articles, advertising etc... - its not worth it.
ALL accountants are struggling nowdays - even the big ones - because opportunities are limted. -- The general public dont like accountants – because there is nothing tangible being offered.
There are opportunities for bookeeping - but what a tedious way to live.
The whole accounting profession is dramatically changing (for the better in my opinion) because the traditional accountant is no longer needed - and the high fees charged are rapidly becoming a thing of the past.
It doesnt matter how many curries you give away, how professional you make yourself look through a website, how many networking events you attend, how you think you are tech savvy by offering cloud (every man and his rabbit will offer it in the end), how much free tax advice you give away (its on the net anyway) - punters are not silly - the profession is doomed.
It used to be first meeting free - now its first set of accounts free - think about it.
The combination of automation(a good thing), government wising up to tax dodges(a good thing), downward fee spiral(a good thing) and every man and his dog offering accountancy services, - will end it all.
Think about it - fixed number of clients - increasing number of self employed accountants = downwrd fees spiral.
Do something you enjoy food, art, music whatever - your living standard will not be much worse AND youll be free and happier.
Thnx and Rgds
- Error in audited accounts 181 3
- CIS software 115 3
- Homing sandwiches 495 12
- How can I deal with an unethical accountant? 329 7
- Pratice Management Software 190 3
- Use of home query 141 2
- IT advisory questions? 271 7
- signature required 565 22
- Vat registration exception 207 3
- CT600 149 3
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 205 7
- Settlement discount 172 4
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 525 9
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 199 5
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 182 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 150 2
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 232 10
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 146 1
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 200 2
- Related Party Transactions 140 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,258
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 824
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 528
- Digita Hosted Software 344
- Credit where credit's due....... 319
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 246
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 204
- TheTax Donut 186
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 167
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 166