Accounting for Service Charges
We are preparing a set of accounts for a resident management company- that receives in maintenance charges on behalf of tenants and then pays out maintenance expenses etc.
We are aware that the income and expenditure should not be shown in the resident management company's set of accounts, as they are holding any monies received on trust. Any bank balances are also not owned by the company and should not be shown.
Basically, does that mean for Companies Limited by Guarantee, that they will have zero on their balance sheet and income and expenditure reports?
We propose attaching an appendix for the service charge accounts. I believe guidelines were going to be published to say how these service charge accounts should be produced, but due to a new government this won't be implemented in the short term (if ever). Therefore, can we produce the appendix in whatever way we want, and there are no actual statutory requirements?
I intend just attaching an income and expenditure and balance sheet, with no associated notes?
- Thinning income 285 1
- Directors, service companies and national minimum wage (NMW) - Profit extraction 320 10
- I forgiven loan an Output? 83 1
- Vat Exemption moving to a partnership 177 2
- Allowable for Corporation Tax? 166 4
- Audacity 1,300 22
- Buying a company for £2000 from owner how it works? 190 4
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 685 8
- partnership first tax return 123 1
- Payroll got out of synch 367 11
- Charitable incorporated organisation 85 1
- Claiming the expenses of Scooby 273 3
- tax credits 163 2
- Seeking advice: Freehold Pub Lease 292 9
- Legitimate Expectation 185 2
- What do do about VAT? 478 14
- Holding company - accounts and tax return 102 1
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 1,100 23
- Amending 13-14 sole trader return to reflect increased profit in 14-15 180 2
- Client right to working papers 1,264 8
- NHS finance professionals 591
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 387
- Foreign Pension Contribution 362
- vat gross profit percentage margins 333
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 323
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 303
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 269
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 221
- IFA income recognition & reporting 198
- Incorporating doctors 191