Accounting for Service Charges
We are preparing a set of accounts for a resident management company- that receives in maintenance charges on behalf of tenants and then pays out maintenance expenses etc.
We are aware that the income and expenditure should not be shown in the resident management company's set of accounts, as they are holding any monies received on trust. Any bank balances are also not owned by the company and should not be shown.
Basically, does that mean for Companies Limited by Guarantee, that they will have zero on their balance sheet and income and expenditure reports?
We propose attaching an appendix for the service charge accounts. I believe guidelines were going to be published to say how these service charge accounts should be produced, but due to a new government this won't be implemented in the short term (if ever). Therefore, can we produce the appendix in whatever way we want, and there are no actual statutory requirements?
I intend just attaching an income and expenditure and balance sheet, with no associated notes?
- Clothing 560 18
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 278 12
- Digita in the cloud 17 1
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 205 7
- IHT and US resident 117 2
- Tax relief when working away 25 1
- Parent and subsidiary... 140 5
- Anybody still doing returns? 794 33
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 196 8
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,232 17
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 361 16
- Designated sole Residence 165 2
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 738 15
- Anyone know what this is? 301 6
- HMRC filing meltdown? 928 27
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 550 7
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 282 9
- no utr 313 8
- client can't/won't pay 2,145 49
- Director drawings 612 32
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 956
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 678
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 625
- Latest phishing scam 601
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 440
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 328
- Scratch Head 266
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 258
- Sabbatical payments 219
- Negligible Value Claim 199