Accounting for Service Charges
We are preparing a set of accounts for a resident management company- that receives in maintenance charges on behalf of tenants and then pays out maintenance expenses etc.
We are aware that the income and expenditure should not be shown in the resident management company's set of accounts, as they are holding any monies received on trust. Any bank balances are also not owned by the company and should not be shown.
Basically, does that mean for Companies Limited by Guarantee, that they will have zero on their balance sheet and income and expenditure reports?
We propose attaching an appendix for the service charge accounts. I believe guidelines were going to be published to say how these service charge accounts should be produced, but due to a new government this won't be implemented in the short term (if ever). Therefore, can we produce the appendix in whatever way we want, and there are no actual statutory requirements?
I intend just attaching an income and expenditure and balance sheet, with no associated notes?
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 231 10
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 447 6
- Sage 50 134 1
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 367 12
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,362 41
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 204 5
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 197 9
- VAT on motor expenses 911 33
- Introduction of Goodwill 239 6
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 127 2
- Sage 50 (2010) 136 3
- sole trader - operating under cis 111 2
- What does it mean?? 388 11
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 293 13
- Sage Payroll with 'employees' not having tax or NI deducted 99 1
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,732 22
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 146 3
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 174 4
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 769 19
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 402 12
- Skandia using wrong address 1,551
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 855
- International interest certificate 473
- NOVA 330
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 238
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 229
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 214
- Management expenses for investment company 212
- Bonus Bonds 209
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 196