Accounting for Service Charges
We are preparing a set of accounts for a resident management company- that receives in maintenance charges on behalf of tenants and then pays out maintenance expenses etc.
We are aware that the income and expenditure should not be shown in the resident management company's set of accounts, as they are holding any monies received on trust. Any bank balances are also not owned by the company and should not be shown.
Basically, does that mean for Companies Limited by Guarantee, that they will have zero on their balance sheet and income and expenditure reports?
We propose attaching an appendix for the service charge accounts. I believe guidelines were going to be published to say how these service charge accounts should be produced, but due to a new government this won't be implemented in the short term (if ever). Therefore, can we produce the appendix in whatever way we want, and there are no actual statutory requirements?
I intend just attaching an income and expenditure and balance sheet, with no associated notes?
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 190 5
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 193 2
- Payroll software 626 16
- New business - journal entries 356 21
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 233 5
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 377 10
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 716 18
- B2B vat in the EU 168 4
- Coding Notice 202 6
- VAT on Hire Purchase 113 1
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 192 4
- Changes to class 2 NIC's 214 3
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 178 4
- LLP as member of LLP 123 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,797 48
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 489 7
- Vat 291 7
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,297 13
- Recharge for private use of a company car 208 3
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 185 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 841
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 715
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 398
- Social investment tax relief 214
- Digita Hosted Software 209
- Call Centre Data Costs 196
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 169
- accounting for this transaction 167
- Travel costs and contractors 162
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 156