Accounting for Service Charges
We are preparing a set of accounts for a resident management company- that receives in maintenance charges on behalf of tenants and then pays out maintenance expenses etc.
We are aware that the income and expenditure should not be shown in the resident management company's set of accounts, as they are holding any monies received on trust. Any bank balances are also not owned by the company and should not be shown.
Basically, does that mean for Companies Limited by Guarantee, that they will have zero on their balance sheet and income and expenditure reports?
We propose attaching an appendix for the service charge accounts. I believe guidelines were going to be published to say how these service charge accounts should be produced, but due to a new government this won't be implemented in the short term (if ever). Therefore, can we produce the appendix in whatever way we want, and there are no actual statutory requirements?
I intend just attaching an income and expenditure and balance sheet, with no associated notes?
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,080 20
- QBO VAT box 2 and 4 119 1
- VAT - Check on clients business 597 25
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 112 1
- Amend a 2010/11 return 110 1
- Advanced SMP, but employee returns to work early 162 1
- How to deal with prior year error 158 2
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 529 19
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,339 33
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,049 20
- Tax Calculations 657 10
- Tax Fines - HMRC 408 4
- Exemption from CGT 235 2
- VAT Registration 245 3
- Digita Users - Can you please confirm? 467 14
- Autumn statement predictions 438 8
- ACCA Practising Certificate Holder 341 4
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 191 3
- Moneysoft error 436 7
- Repaying Directors loan by transferring an asset 649 26