Accounting for Service Charges
We are preparing a set of accounts for a resident management company- that receives in maintenance charges on behalf of tenants and then pays out maintenance expenses etc.
We are aware that the income and expenditure should not be shown in the resident management company's set of accounts, as they are holding any monies received on trust. Any bank balances are also not owned by the company and should not be shown.
Basically, does that mean for Companies Limited by Guarantee, that they will have zero on their balance sheet and income and expenditure reports?
We propose attaching an appendix for the service charge accounts. I believe guidelines were going to be published to say how these service charge accounts should be produced, but due to a new government this won't be implemented in the short term (if ever). Therefore, can we produce the appendix in whatever way we want, and there are no actual statutory requirements?
I intend just attaching an income and expenditure and balance sheet, with no associated notes?
- Selling shares to Pension fund 32 1
- Sports Club - Option to tax 12 1
- Client refusing to change basis period 121 3
- Highlighting a line on cell click 34 4
- P60 Plain Paper from Sage Payroll 323 14
- Looking for free PDF creator 1,434 42
- Is an apprenticship classed as another job for PAYE RTI rules 161 1
- Moving from Moneysoft to another payroll product 485 12
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,948 65
- Companies House Authentication code 137 5
- RBS asking client to switch accountant 406 5
- Free accounts system for small business? 335 6
- Payroll Software Recommendations 287 9
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 642 15
- Rights of Alphabet shares 342 13
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 256 3
- Company paying out on guarantee 127 4
- Incorporation and goodwill 291 5
- Industrial & Provident Societies 401 4
- Domain name sale and limited company 279 1
- Xtuple 585
- Qtac payroll for bureau 410
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 355
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 228
- Tax on damages received 207
- Accounts consolidation spreadsheet 167
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 164
- PTP Software 148
- Accounting for commercial lease with break clause 141
- Software for Belgium Company 137