Accounting for Service Charges
We are preparing a set of accounts for a resident management company- that receives in maintenance charges on behalf of tenants and then pays out maintenance expenses etc.
We are aware that the income and expenditure should not be shown in the resident management company's set of accounts, as they are holding any monies received on trust. Any bank balances are also not owned by the company and should not be shown.
Basically, does that mean for Companies Limited by Guarantee, that they will have zero on their balance sheet and income and expenditure reports?
We propose attaching an appendix for the service charge accounts. I believe guidelines were going to be published to say how these service charge accounts should be produced, but due to a new government this won't be implemented in the short term (if ever). Therefore, can we produce the appendix in whatever way we want, and there are no actual statutory requirements?
I intend just attaching an income and expenditure and balance sheet, with no associated notes?
- Directors salary 74 1
- flat rate scheme 450 10
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 72 1
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 2,165 10
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,386 39
- Rental Expenses 237 7
- Defer,Accrue & Wip 255 7
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 224 7
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 349 2
- UK tax exposure 270 4
- regulated mortgage work? 157 2
- any help? 299 4
- HMRC turning post around in 11 - 12 weeks? 358 8
- Companies House? 281 3
- Echosign mail merge? 299 1
- Before I call employers helpline 270 1
- VAT refund 428 4
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 247 3
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 233 2
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 595 6