Accounting for Service Charges
We are preparing a set of accounts for a resident management company- that receives in maintenance charges on behalf of tenants and then pays out maintenance expenses etc.
We are aware that the income and expenditure should not be shown in the resident management company's set of accounts, as they are holding any monies received on trust. Any bank balances are also not owned by the company and should not be shown.
Basically, does that mean for Companies Limited by Guarantee, that they will have zero on their balance sheet and income and expenditure reports?
We propose attaching an appendix for the service charge accounts. I believe guidelines were going to be published to say how these service charge accounts should be produced, but due to a new government this won't be implemented in the short term (if ever). Therefore, can we produce the appendix in whatever way we want, and there are no actual statutory requirements?
I intend just attaching an income and expenditure and balance sheet, with no associated notes?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 563 5
- See you all on the other side 657 6
- 12Pay 409 2
- dividends 549 2
- R&D 296 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,149 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 428 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 378 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 347 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 527 5
- Seeking a tax case 617 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 477 4
- Companies house strike off 493 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 396 2
- Moving to the cloud 723 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 207 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 876 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 196 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,080 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 473 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 552
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 416
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 365
- IRIS and FRS 102 350
- Capitalising Finance Lease 314
- USA help 312
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 290
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 280
- Capital gains on rental property 257
- Marginal rates of tax 255