Accounting for Service Charges
We are preparing a set of accounts for a resident management company- that receives in maintenance charges on behalf of tenants and then pays out maintenance expenses etc.
We are aware that the income and expenditure should not be shown in the resident management company's set of accounts, as they are holding any monies received on trust. Any bank balances are also not owned by the company and should not be shown.
Basically, does that mean for Companies Limited by Guarantee, that they will have zero on their balance sheet and income and expenditure reports?
We propose attaching an appendix for the service charge accounts. I believe guidelines were going to be published to say how these service charge accounts should be produced, but due to a new government this won't be implemented in the short term (if ever). Therefore, can we produce the appendix in whatever way we want, and there are no actual statutory requirements?
I intend just attaching an income and expenditure and balance sheet, with no associated notes?
- What would be a tax efficient way of selling the main business asset but keeping some to continue with business? 195 7
- Unpaid Share Capital and Companies House Template 39 2
- Dividend Waiver 217 4
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 291 4
- Splitting PAYE tax code between two jobs both with variable hours 271 6
- Automatic Bank Data Feeds -- worth the cost ? 668 8
- Capital allowances - Jersey 68 3
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 169 6
- Dutch Company With UK Employees 122 3
- What is IRIS World like? 232 7
- Nomisma feedback? 206 1
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 416 2
- Is business bank account compulsory for all businesses? 260 3
- Pension contributions 116 4
- Can we learn from the financial services industry? 365 10
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 186 4
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 557 10
- VAT On Camper Van Enhancements 81 1
- Share transfer question 68 1
- Sage Bank rec 153 2
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 404
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 386
- Perkbox 339
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 279
- Document Management Systems 277
- WIP Software 264
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 199
- No payroll scheme in place 192
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 178
- Benefit in Kind? 176