Accounting for Service Charges
We are preparing a set of accounts for a resident management company- that receives in maintenance charges on behalf of tenants and then pays out maintenance expenses etc.
We are aware that the income and expenditure should not be shown in the resident management company's set of accounts, as they are holding any monies received on trust. Any bank balances are also not owned by the company and should not be shown.
Basically, does that mean for Companies Limited by Guarantee, that they will have zero on their balance sheet and income and expenditure reports?
We propose attaching an appendix for the service charge accounts. I believe guidelines were going to be published to say how these service charge accounts should be produced, but due to a new government this won't be implemented in the short term (if ever). Therefore, can we produce the appendix in whatever way we want, and there are no actual statutory requirements?
I intend just attaching an income and expenditure and balance sheet, with no associated notes?
- Capital gain? 39 2
- Recharge for private use of a company car 343 8
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 407 8
- Are clients getting more stupid? 1,217 20
- vat help for catering concession 266 10
- Accounts production software license expiry & possible alternatives 278 5
- IHT dilemma 1,148 17
- Tax return software for remote working 221 3
- CGT 325 14
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 310 1
- Interest paid to non-UK company - Deduction 102 2
- Compliance check 499 13
- sole trader accountant 770 14
- Entrepreneurs Relief 394 15
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 599 21
- More AE! 484 11
- How to classify an asset 149 3
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 281 2
- when a charity makes a donation.... 177 4
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 130 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,073
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 776
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 457
- Digita Hosted Software 277
- Call Centre Data Costs 246
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 216
- Credit where credit's due....... 209
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 198
- Married Couples Allowance wasted? 181
- Director phone costs 141