Accounting Software Recommendations
After a few days of reading through sales documents and websites for various different software providers I seem to be going round in circles! There appears to be very little to differentiate each supplier.
Our requirements are fairly straightforward. Other than the basic ledgers (GL, SL, PL, Cashbook) we would like to be able to code using the following:
- Account code;
- Competency code (2 digits)
- Product code (2 digits)
- Department code (3 digits)
- Job code (5 digits) (very basic job costing - invoices and expenses - no time)
We would then like to be able to produce tailored reports analysing around these areas.
I've heard horror stories in the past about having to use large numbers of excel spreadsheets in addition to the accounting system so as to be able to prepare required reports and analyses (e.g. Sage) so ideally we would like software with a decent report writer tool.
I think this is where it may fall down, as I'm being told that decent report writers come with packages starting at around the £15k mark.
Any recommendations? Any suggestions of where I could look for help with this or anything I should beware of when selecting the system?
- Professional coaching claimable? 65 1
- Sage instant account codes 113 1
- Networking 120 1
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 264 4
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 163 1
- Turnover on a tax return 291 8
- incorrect old p60 448 11
- Cashflow forecasting software 302 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,931 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 284 4
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 247 3
- VAT refund 175 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 257 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 268 3
- Missing tax return 392 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,127 30
- Inflation and fees 1,408 24
- Sage Priority Support 192 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 846 24
- Micro-entity accounts 309 1