AccountingWEB discussion groups
Some of you who pay close attention to Any Answers and the AccountingWEB feedback discussion group may have seen mentions of some of the new initiatives we are planning as part of this week's relaunch.
Rather than hiding them away in a far-flung corner of the site, our new Discussion Group page will display all active groups on a single page, and offer more routes into the conversations that take place there. To take advantage of this, we are planning a range of new groups.
Please take a look at the list below, and comment if any of them appeal to you. We're not just looking for people who want to post comments, though. For a discussion group to really work, it needs someone to lead and moderate the debates, and keep them bubbling along by posting items and observations that may interest other members - David Winch's 1,200-strong Money Laundering and Crime discussion group shows what is possible.
You don't have to compete with David, though. Even if just 10-20 members share a particular interest, we're happy to create a group for them and our community manager Becky Midgley is always available to help you build and manage them. If you would like to set up or lead a discussion group on AccountingWEB, either let us know by posting below or drop us a private message.
Here are some of the new groups we're considering. Tell us which ones you would like to join:
- Audit - led by Steve Collings
- Financial reporting - Steve again
- Company Cars - a group led by Nigel Harris to look at tax issues (and perhaps in a few Top Gear-style price/performance comparisons)
- Employment taxes - led by Anne Fairpo
- International tax - Anne again
- StudentZone - offering help with questions, exam tips and career advice
- Career and CPD advice
- Groups for the main professional bodies - share your gripes, ideas and pointers to useful resources
- More software user groups - joining those such as Sage 50, VT Software and IRIS, where members share their experiences and suggestions
- Vertical market discussion groups, similar to the successful construction group. New groups could focus on manufacturing, distribution, etc.
- Community-driven editorial planning - Following the success of our Upgrade focus group, we are thinking of involving members in a virtual editorial board to guide our long-term editorial planning around tax, practice, technical, technology and business issues. Because of the sensitivity of some of the plans, this group would be private.
Let us know too if there are other groups that you would like to take part in.
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there....accountants need to help other accountants out :) 349 17
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 62 4
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 556 17
- Invoice or journal for inter-company transactions 73 1
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 268 8
- Tax Return Deadlines 122 2
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 529 11
- Flat rate vat error 329 7
- EC VAT 212 9
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 530 13
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 288 14
- can I claim a per diem 267 5
- s.755 ITA 2007 Gains on transactions in land 138 2
- Who picks up the slack? 1,379 8
- VAT on part of a closed pub 248 14
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 110 1
- HMRC corporation tax software - how to enter negative expense 298 8
- Dispensation pointless ? 538 14
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 866 19
- Underpaid taxes included in tax code connundrum 169 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 839
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 508
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 319
- How to format a stock book 290
- Tax efficient holding company structure 229
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 229
- Investment property company accounts template 219
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 211
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 182
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 181