AccountingWEB discussion groups
Some of you who pay close attention to Any Answers and the AccountingWEB feedback discussion group may have seen mentions of some of the new initiatives we are planning as part of this week's relaunch.
Rather than hiding them away in a far-flung corner of the site, our new Discussion Group page will display all active groups on a single page, and offer more routes into the conversations that take place there. To take advantage of this, we are planning a range of new groups.
Please take a look at the list below, and comment if any of them appeal to you. We're not just looking for people who want to post comments, though. For a discussion group to really work, it needs someone to lead and moderate the debates, and keep them bubbling along by posting items and observations that may interest other members - David Winch's 1,200-strong Money Laundering and Crime discussion group shows what is possible.
You don't have to compete with David, though. Even if just 10-20 members share a particular interest, we're happy to create a group for them and our community manager Becky Midgley is always available to help you build and manage them. If you would like to set up or lead a discussion group on AccountingWEB, either let us know by posting below or drop us a private message.
Here are some of the new groups we're considering. Tell us which ones you would like to join:
- Audit - led by Steve Collings
- Financial reporting - Steve again
- Company Cars - a group led by Nigel Harris to look at tax issues (and perhaps in a few Top Gear-style price/performance comparisons)
- Employment taxes - led by Anne Fairpo
- International tax - Anne again
- StudentZone - offering help with questions, exam tips and career advice
- Career and CPD advice
- Groups for the main professional bodies - share your gripes, ideas and pointers to useful resources
- More software user groups - joining those such as Sage 50, VT Software and IRIS, where members share their experiences and suggestions
- Vertical market discussion groups, similar to the successful construction group. New groups could focus on manufacturing, distribution, etc.
- Community-driven editorial planning - Following the success of our Upgrade focus group, we are thinking of involving members in a virtual editorial board to guide our long-term editorial planning around tax, practice, technical, technology and business issues. Because of the sensitivity of some of the plans, this group would be private.
Let us know too if there are other groups that you would like to take part in.
- Anybody still doing returns? 729 31
- Clothing 517 13
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 144 5
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 165 7
- Parent and subsidiary... 87 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 346 16
- Designated sole Residence 146 2
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 720 15
- Anyone know what this is? 243 6
- HMRC filing meltdown? 897 27
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 513 7
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 266 9
- no utr 293 8
- client can't/won't pay 2,124 49
- Director drawings 608 32
- Tax Returns for non residents 295 2
- Investment properties/freehold land 91 1
- Capital Loss 134 3
- LLP formed in 2013 104 1
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 206 7
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 954
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 676
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 622
- Latest phishing scam 598
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 437
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 325
- Scratch Head 265
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 255
- Sabbatical payments 218
- Negligible Value Claim 197