AccountingWEB discussion groups
Some of you who pay close attention to Any Answers and the AccountingWEB feedback discussion group may have seen mentions of some of the new initiatives we are planning as part of this week's relaunch.
Rather than hiding them away in a far-flung corner of the site, our new Discussion Group page will display all active groups on a single page, and offer more routes into the conversations that take place there. To take advantage of this, we are planning a range of new groups.
Please take a look at the list below, and comment if any of them appeal to you. We're not just looking for people who want to post comments, though. For a discussion group to really work, it needs someone to lead and moderate the debates, and keep them bubbling along by posting items and observations that may interest other members - David Winch's 1,200-strong Money Laundering and Crime discussion group shows what is possible.
You don't have to compete with David, though. Even if just 10-20 members share a particular interest, we're happy to create a group for them and our community manager Becky Midgley is always available to help you build and manage them. If you would like to set up or lead a discussion group on AccountingWEB, either let us know by posting below or drop us a private message.
Here are some of the new groups we're considering. Tell us which ones you would like to join:
- Audit - led by Steve Collings
- Financial reporting - Steve again
- Company Cars - a group led by Nigel Harris to look at tax issues (and perhaps in a few Top Gear-style price/performance comparisons)
- Employment taxes - led by Anne Fairpo
- International tax - Anne again
- StudentZone - offering help with questions, exam tips and career advice
- Career and CPD advice
- Groups for the main professional bodies - share your gripes, ideas and pointers to useful resources
- More software user groups - joining those such as Sage 50, VT Software and IRIS, where members share their experiences and suggestions
- Vertical market discussion groups, similar to the successful construction group. New groups could focus on manufacturing, distribution, etc.
- Community-driven editorial planning - Following the success of our Upgrade focus group, we are thinking of involving members in a virtual editorial board to guide our long-term editorial planning around tax, practice, technical, technology and business issues. Because of the sensitivity of some of the plans, this group would be private.
Let us know too if there are other groups that you would like to take part in.
- Accounts Question 99 5
- Deleted question? 731 19
- What are options for non CA firm 3,172 67
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,937 69
- MAAT vs ACCA 699 13
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,394 24
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,924 46
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 650 3
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 437 4
- VAT Return Errors 176 2
- Adjustment to previous self assessments 124 5
- inflation rate year on year 151 3
- Yorkshire Day 603 38
- Company valuation for IHT purposes 189 4
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 181 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 380 16
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 148 3
- SMP reclaimable by employer 294 7
- Agent help line - long queues? 237 4
- the umbrella scheme for PAYE 153 1
- Cancelled 470
- Cancelled 386
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 376
- Probiz 356
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 261
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 236
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 230
- More spam 183
- Does anyone have SCI unit contact details? 162
- Employee Benefit Trust 152