ACPA / ICPA / IFA - which to choose?
Provided I qualify to become a member of ACPA / ICPA / IFA which would be the best to chose?
I have read alot on here about ICPA and their benefits and support. There isn't so much about ACPA but they seem to be similar in type. The IFA seem to differ slightly from both.
I would be particularly keen to hear from current members from any of these organisations, with their opinions on the services and support provided.
Also in terms of a quality perception in accounting circles, are all three on a par?
What about the future of each of the bodies? In terms of membership numbers and development, and where are they headed in terms of standing in the profession in the future?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
- Vat query - EU customer requesting invoice without charging vat 228 8
- Is this legal? 563 9
- Scams are not always obvious 586 16
- Market Value/Connected Persons 153 7
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 569 16
- 100% FYA, do I have to cliam all of it in 1 year? 108 3
- Saying NO to a time wasters 1,963 23
- Cells from many sheets 104 2
- Taxation of rental income 138 4
- notice of consent by surrendering company group relief 126 6
- VAT on long lease in comercial property thathas opted to Tax 48 1
- Childcare vouchers 60 1
- Directors loan 1,385 9
- Expenses allowable against income from lodger 114 1
- New company formation and equity 154 3
- Previously dormant company now medium sized - does it need an audit? 111 1
- Tax planning, transferring BTL property to company 211 5
- Forming a Holding Company 153 2
- SAGE - Filtering Inactive Suppliers/Customers 98 1
- OMB contractor company making himself redundant 236 3
- New Fangled Penalties 1,038
- Moving away from CCH software 899
- Recruitment agencies 521
- QROP pension input amounts 408
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 361
- Deemed Employment Payment 340
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 301
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 297
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 216
- fraud 199