Actors tax and nic
Actor client is late as usual with return. He has always been treated as self employed and I have adjusted for class 4 nic through tax return. (employed nic self employed tax)
This year however he has produced a paye income statement from HMRC for part of his earnings.
Am I correct in assuming that I enter this as earnings from employment rather than self employment ?
I would prefer to treat it as self employed because of the greater flexibility in claiming expenses.
many thanks for response and advice.
- Sage Priority Support 77 1
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 675 17
- incorrect old p60 93 1
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 473 4
- VAT on new builds 104 2
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 341 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 114 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 105 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 119 1
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,816 26
- Missing tax return 158 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 917 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 273 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 155 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 550 18
- Physiotherapy 236 3
- Inflation and fees 1,214 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 158 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 277 8
- CGT help please 141 1