Actors tax and nic
Actor client is late as usual with return. He has always been treated as self employed and I have adjusted for class 4 nic through tax return. (employed nic self employed tax)
This year however he has produced a paye income statement from HMRC for part of his earnings.
Am I correct in assuming that I enter this as earnings from employment rather than self employment ?
I would prefer to treat it as self employed because of the greater flexibility in claiming expenses.
many thanks for response and advice.
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,184 46
- Practical experience 859 16
- Xerocon 2016 825 13
- Personal Tax 216 3
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,871 41
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 243 2
- Mortgage Reference 189 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 171 3
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 436 9
- VAT 308 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 233 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 205 1
- last minute request 308 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 81 1
- Cash gift from India 504 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 87 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 477 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 137 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 288 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 675 6