Advice re: the CTA
I've just finished (and hopefully passed) my ATT exams and am eyeing up the CTA now cautiously due to the horror stories people tell me about how hard it is.
Basically I've just had a glance at a paper and was suprised how I could see how to answer most of the questions even now (ie before I even looked at a CTA text book). So is the CTA similar to the ATT in question complexity (obviously more the upper end) but you have to really get the points to get marks (as in, if stating an item was ignored for IHT due to it being outside the UK would get you 2 marks in the ATT, the CTA would give you most of the first mark)?
I'm also a full member of the ACCA and was hoping the finals of that would be of comparable difficulty to the CTA, but I'm told it is much harder. Is that just the person I spoke to trying to big up the CTA or is there really such a leap from ACCA finals to CTA? I was told the ACCA was comparable to a Masters, what does that make the CTA?!?
Lastly now that you can do them in bits, what would you say is the manageable happy medium? Is it two exams every 6 months, one every 6 months? I have now till December free, then can't do anything till after June 2010 (my wedding, surely once I get through that the CTA will be a doddle!), then the rest of my life free (until the patter of tiny feet), so logically 2 in December and 2 in December seems best, but if I fail in December 2009 it will be a year till the resits.
Any and all advice gratefully receieved!
- Is there anything I should know about Northern Irish companies? 209 6
- can a CGT transfer be legally cancelled in the future if 222 8
- Can I use the approved mileage rates in a Limited Company? 36 1
- Gross Profit Percentage 398 9
- Medical benefit on low paid wife of director? 66 3
- How to deal with a prior year CT adjustment 223 6
- Companies House 313 5
- Self employment trap - pension 418 5
- Awkward IP 683 10
- Prepare for Chaos 462 5
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 2,711 69
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 203 3
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,673 29
- Simple Ltd company accounts service 605 14
- Payroll Operation post Trading Cessation 110 1
- When does my Property business start 308 5
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 912 20
- How to change credit note allocation in Sage 240 10
- Who would you nominate for a Practice Excellence Award? 183 1
- How to Value a Business 501 9
- CTA study material 609
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 372
- Employment related securities question 230
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 202
- ATED Penalties 197
- AIM Stocks and IHT 179
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 140
- Expat pension contributions? 135
- Trust for Employee 128
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 121