Advice re: the CTA
I've just finished (and hopefully passed) my ATT exams and am eyeing up the CTA now cautiously due to the horror stories people tell me about how hard it is.
Basically I've just had a glance at a paper and was suprised how I could see how to answer most of the questions even now (ie before I even looked at a CTA text book). So is the CTA similar to the ATT in question complexity (obviously more the upper end) but you have to really get the points to get marks (as in, if stating an item was ignored for IHT due to it being outside the UK would get you 2 marks in the ATT, the CTA would give you most of the first mark)?
I'm also a full member of the ACCA and was hoping the finals of that would be of comparable difficulty to the CTA, but I'm told it is much harder. Is that just the person I spoke to trying to big up the CTA or is there really such a leap from ACCA finals to CTA? I was told the ACCA was comparable to a Masters, what does that make the CTA?!?
Lastly now that you can do them in bits, what would you say is the manageable happy medium? Is it two exams every 6 months, one every 6 months? I have now till December free, then can't do anything till after June 2010 (my wedding, surely once I get through that the CTA will be a doddle!), then the rest of my life free (until the patter of tiny feet), so logically 2 in December and 2 in December seems best, but if I fail in December 2009 it will be a year till the resits.
Any and all advice gratefully receieved!
- first year company tax return for a limited company 124 5
- Real names 1,229 37
- Dissolve a Ltd Company - How much do you charge? 387 7
- reliable alternative to registered ofice required 86 1
- Expenses Apps 147 2
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 159 4
- Quick Easy Quote 230 4
- What are options for non CA firm 1,782 29
- Solicitor accounts 39 1
- Unallocated client money 223 7
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 175 2
- change of office address 109 4
- Hive up - accounting and notes to financial statements 216 3
- Incorporation Relief 114 4
- Letting income or partnership income? 90 2
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 353 4
- Furniture Rental Business 94 2
- Client Death 548 9
- Accounts formation/ speculative advertising 196 4
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 354 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 602
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 476
- Sorry ignore me 378
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 366
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 278
- Cancelled 241
- Cancelled 212
- Bartercard 172
- C79 Discrepancy 166
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 159