Advice re: the CTA
I've just finished (and hopefully passed) my ATT exams and am eyeing up the CTA now cautiously due to the horror stories people tell me about how hard it is.
Basically I've just had a glance at a paper and was suprised how I could see how to answer most of the questions even now (ie before I even looked at a CTA text book). So is the CTA similar to the ATT in question complexity (obviously more the upper end) but you have to really get the points to get marks (as in, if stating an item was ignored for IHT due to it being outside the UK would get you 2 marks in the ATT, the CTA would give you most of the first mark)?
I'm also a full member of the ACCA and was hoping the finals of that would be of comparable difficulty to the CTA, but I'm told it is much harder. Is that just the person I spoke to trying to big up the CTA or is there really such a leap from ACCA finals to CTA? I was told the ACCA was comparable to a Masters, what does that make the CTA?!?
Lastly now that you can do them in bits, what would you say is the manageable happy medium? Is it two exams every 6 months, one every 6 months? I have now till December free, then can't do anything till after June 2010 (my wedding, surely once I get through that the CTA will be a doddle!), then the rest of my life free (until the patter of tiny feet), so logically 2 in December and 2 in December seems best, but if I fail in December 2009 it will be a year till the resits.
Any and all advice gratefully receieved!
- Are there any auto-enrolment engagement letter templates? 1,247 28
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 1,218 13
- Past rental expenses 221 3
- Self-employed 374 11
- Accountant let me down 200 2
- IHT400 or IHT205 - disagree with solicitor 241 2
- Professional Clearance 248 5
- What do do about VAT? 631 16
- Online Back Up 157 4
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 498 9
- Allowable for Corporation Tax? 541 12
- HMRC Debt collectors 944 5
- A rant - Debt Management units vs PAYE office response times 297 2
- Personal Service Company and Isle of Man 187 1
- Microsoft One Drive 541 18
- VAT commercial property TOGC 135 2
- Audacity 1,476 24
- minority interest discount 228 6
- Seeking advice: Need some help with Company Accounts 672 9
- Not a question but made my day 1,315 24
- NHS finance professionals 618
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 398
- Foreign Pension Contribution 367
- vat gross profit percentage margins 341
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 340
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 317
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 284
- Quickbooks online filing of VAT 283
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 241
- IFA income recognition & reporting 203