Advice re: the CTA
I've just finished (and hopefully passed) my ATT exams and am eyeing up the CTA now cautiously due to the horror stories people tell me about how hard it is.
Basically I've just had a glance at a paper and was suprised how I could see how to answer most of the questions even now (ie before I even looked at a CTA text book). So is the CTA similar to the ATT in question complexity (obviously more the upper end) but you have to really get the points to get marks (as in, if stating an item was ignored for IHT due to it being outside the UK would get you 2 marks in the ATT, the CTA would give you most of the first mark)?
I'm also a full member of the ACCA and was hoping the finals of that would be of comparable difficulty to the CTA, but I'm told it is much harder. Is that just the person I spoke to trying to big up the CTA or is there really such a leap from ACCA finals to CTA? I was told the ACCA was comparable to a Masters, what does that make the CTA?!?
Lastly now that you can do them in bits, what would you say is the manageable happy medium? Is it two exams every 6 months, one every 6 months? I have now till December free, then can't do anything till after June 2010 (my wedding, surely once I get through that the CTA will be a doddle!), then the rest of my life free (until the patter of tiny feet), so logically 2 in December and 2 in December seems best, but if I fail in December 2009 it will be a year till the resits.
Any and all advice gratefully receieved!
- Travel costs and contractors 251 3
- vat help for catering concession 129 3
- Employee works in UK paid by Denmark and uses company car from another business 18 1
- RTI and Directors' salaries 136 2
- Is there capital gains tax for selling a church? 182 3
- Importers 100 1
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 265 4
- Tax free threshold on person receiving gifts 238 4
- dfgd fget 86 1
- More AE! 220 6
- New business - journal entries 606 27
- US Citizen but never resident in US 211 4
- LLP Tax Allocation Prior Year Amendment 58 1
- aia 115 1
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 444 10
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 453 16
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 242 5
- Form 17 Joint tenancy v tenants in common 258 7
- Merger of Two companies 560 20
- Merging 515 12
- Auto enrolment excuses 990
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 743
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 431
- Digita Hosted Software 248
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 246
- Social investment tax relief 243
- Call Centre Data Costs 227
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 182
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 147
- Petrol station franchise and VAT 137