Advice re: the CTA
I've just finished (and hopefully passed) my ATT exams and am eyeing up the CTA now cautiously due to the horror stories people tell me about how hard it is.
Basically I've just had a glance at a paper and was suprised how I could see how to answer most of the questions even now (ie before I even looked at a CTA text book). So is the CTA similar to the ATT in question complexity (obviously more the upper end) but you have to really get the points to get marks (as in, if stating an item was ignored for IHT due to it being outside the UK would get you 2 marks in the ATT, the CTA would give you most of the first mark)?
I'm also a full member of the ACCA and was hoping the finals of that would be of comparable difficulty to the CTA, but I'm told it is much harder. Is that just the person I spoke to trying to big up the CTA or is there really such a leap from ACCA finals to CTA? I was told the ACCA was comparable to a Masters, what does that make the CTA?!?
Lastly now that you can do them in bits, what would you say is the manageable happy medium? Is it two exams every 6 months, one every 6 months? I have now till December free, then can't do anything till after June 2010 (my wedding, surely once I get through that the CTA will be a doddle!), then the rest of my life free (until the patter of tiny feet), so logically 2 in December and 2 in December seems best, but if I fail in December 2009 it will be a year till the resits.
Any and all advice gratefully receieved!
- Dental practice incorpration 98 1
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 976 55
- Audit rules 143 4
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 215 5
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 795 20
- Go Cardless 252 8
- business entertaining deductibility 109 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 105 2
- R & D 97 3
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 220 1
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 66 1
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 103 2
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 140 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 127 1
- New Business Registration 207 5
- Hosted email exchange 123 4
- Excel formula for UK corporation tax including losses 142 1
- G P life time allowance 112 3
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 366 11
- Bringing money to Uk 211 3
- Xtuple 500
- Qtac payroll for bureau 333
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 277
- Industrial & Provident Societies 274
- Mehjoo 219
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 216
- New strategic report 169
- Domain name sale and limited company 155
- South African Government Pension 151
- CIS schemes 146