Advice re: the CTA
I've just finished (and hopefully passed) my ATT exams and am eyeing up the CTA now cautiously due to the horror stories people tell me about how hard it is.
Basically I've just had a glance at a paper and was suprised how I could see how to answer most of the questions even now (ie before I even looked at a CTA text book). So is the CTA similar to the ATT in question complexity (obviously more the upper end) but you have to really get the points to get marks (as in, if stating an item was ignored for IHT due to it being outside the UK would get you 2 marks in the ATT, the CTA would give you most of the first mark)?
I'm also a full member of the ACCA and was hoping the finals of that would be of comparable difficulty to the CTA, but I'm told it is much harder. Is that just the person I spoke to trying to big up the CTA or is there really such a leap from ACCA finals to CTA? I was told the ACCA was comparable to a Masters, what does that make the CTA?!?
Lastly now that you can do them in bits, what would you say is the manageable happy medium? Is it two exams every 6 months, one every 6 months? I have now till December free, then can't do anything till after June 2010 (my wedding, surely once I get through that the CTA will be a doddle!), then the rest of my life free (until the patter of tiny feet), so logically 2 in December and 2 in December seems best, but if I fail in December 2009 it will be a year till the resits.
Any and all advice gratefully receieved!
- Payroo Employer allowance query 177 6
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,025 33
- vat return 246 3
- Flat rate vat 83 1
- Value pricing 715 26
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 148 4
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 182 4
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 284 4
- Reregister for VAT 134 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 199 6
- Weely paid employees 244 3
- Would this save hours of your time? 476 11
- Director's tax return 286 6
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 216 6
- Wrong career 479 18
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 289 7
- Laptop purchase 1,395 20
- PTP software disaster 282 2
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 235 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 103 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 798
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 550
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 416
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 294
- Free Tax Legislation? 267
- Director Loan account operation 245
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 240
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 239
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 230
- Paye procedures for CVA 159