Apologies this is not one of my areas and i am going to speak to a specialist but just want a heads up to some of the areas so i can look in to it as well.
Farmer wants to gift chunks of land to son. (Talking millions of pounds in total land)
Would qualify for Agriculural relief for IHT, and also could be a PET.
CGT - Are there any reliefs here? Or is cgt on MV?
SDLT - Is this payable if gifted? Is consideration deemed as MV?
Are there any VAT implications?
I do not expect free advice here (ie chapter and verse) just some pointers would be great before i speak with specialist.
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 70 1
- Cash gift from India 463 13
- last minute request 103 2
- GP ACCOUNTS 53 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 364 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 51 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 197 6
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,116 44
- Maternity and claining expenses 635 6
- Overseas workday relief 133 5
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 255 3
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 655 13
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 87 1
- MVL 251 4
- Disengagement Help! 1,489 22
- Is it possible to link documents into transactions in Sage? 116 2
- Creative Auto Enrolment 731 11
- Change PAYE agent address 198 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 87 1
- Claiming for breach of contract 247 4