Apologies this is not one of my areas and i am going to speak to a specialist but just want a heads up to some of the areas so i can look in to it as well.
Farmer wants to gift chunks of land to son. (Talking millions of pounds in total land)
Would qualify for Agriculural relief for IHT, and also could be a PET.
CGT - Are there any reliefs here? Or is cgt on MV?
SDLT - Is this payable if gifted? Is consideration deemed as MV?
Are there any VAT implications?
I do not expect free advice here (ie chapter and verse) just some pointers would be great before i speak with specialist.
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 122 2
- Limited Company Contractor renting a house whilst working at a temporary location 122 3
- Capital Gain? 514 14
- thinking of starting up - AAT ACCA 209 5
- Sell business after leaving country 121 2
- How much to charge? 239 5
- CIMA MIP - wife joining business, non MIP 162 1
- Client with enquiry inro careless or negligent tax return 639 15
- Income tax on foreign dividends 242 2
- break even point 593 18
- Simple consolidation question 114 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 391 10
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 1,000 27
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 405 9
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 206 3
- Abolish the penalty regime 286 5
- Separating a business into retail and wholesale, with husband and wife as separate owner/managers. 172 4
- IHT Query 243 4
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 447 2
- BrightPay 698 22
- Possible Partnership? 466
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 442
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 429
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 233
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 228
- New Fangled Penalties 218
- Clubs and Taxable Income 218
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 213
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 185
- Loans to other companies 167