Apologies this is not one of my areas and i am going to speak to a specialist but just want a heads up to some of the areas so i can look in to it as well.
Farmer wants to gift chunks of land to son. (Talking millions of pounds in total land)
Would qualify for Agriculural relief for IHT, and also could be a PET.
CGT - Are there any reliefs here? Or is cgt on MV?
SDLT - Is this payable if gifted? Is consideration deemed as MV?
Are there any VAT implications?
I do not expect free advice here (ie chapter and verse) just some pointers would be great before i speak with specialist.
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 521 16
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 379 18
- Employing a carer 174 2
- VAT on sale of Assets to Director 23 1
- Any Scottish members out there? 13,143 496
- Non resident client -employed in the Cayman Islands 94 1
- "Please be advised that one or more Generic Notification Notices have been issued." 65 3
- Which profit figure to use 51 1
- rti 107 4
- Drop box Storage 346 5
- 2 sole traders merging to become a limited company what do they need? 46 1
- What Exactly does the RTI Penalty Relaxation mean? 153 2
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 243 7
- Fee Protection Insurance 1,070 44
- Partnership issues and acting for one partner 131 4
- RTI -Late registration -any penalties 129 1
- Another goodwill question ....... 152 1
- Can't read my handwriting 724 18
- Fees for Property Tax Return 596 21
- Sole trader &/or Limited company 99 1
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,377
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 526
- National Insurance 426
- Non Resident 323
- Hands on experience of Digita 248
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 234
- CIS paid under reg 9 189
- Employer's Helpline 189
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 154
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 153