Apologies this is not one of my areas and i am going to speak to a specialist but just want a heads up to some of the areas so i can look in to it as well.
Farmer wants to gift chunks of land to son. (Talking millions of pounds in total land)
Would qualify for Agriculural relief for IHT, and also could be a PET.
CGT - Are there any reliefs here? Or is cgt on MV?
SDLT - Is this payable if gifted? Is consideration deemed as MV?
Are there any VAT implications?
I do not expect free advice here (ie chapter and verse) just some pointers would be great before i speak with specialist.
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 557 8
- How much did you pay for your website 1,699 29
- any implications of this type of transaction 70 2
- Mem & Arts - Multiple Share Classes & Rights 28 1
- Does IR35 apply? 92 1
- Capital allowances or revenue is capital? 107 1
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 104 3
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 292 11
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 1,034 13
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 269 7
- Sage data 109 1
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 424 9
- Limited company buying a car 365 6
- Funding Circle experience 164 3
- Excel query 130 2
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,303 13
- Payment on account penalties 137 3
- Tax on free shares 152 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 211 3
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 131 1
- CTA study material 809
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 498
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 462
- Employment related securities question 326
- AIM Stocks and IHT 313
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 285
- Expat pension contributions? 284
- Trust for Employee 258
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 237
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 162