Apologies this is not one of my areas and i am going to speak to a specialist but just want a heads up to some of the areas so i can look in to it as well.
Farmer wants to gift chunks of land to son. (Talking millions of pounds in total land)
Would qualify for Agriculural relief for IHT, and also could be a PET.
CGT - Are there any reliefs here? Or is cgt on MV?
SDLT - Is this payable if gifted? Is consideration deemed as MV?
Are there any VAT implications?
I do not expect free advice here (ie chapter and verse) just some pointers would be great before i speak with specialist.
- Accountancy Career 344 5
- Accounts Software 181 6
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 2,369 22
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,705 39
- Holiday Pay whilst on Mat Leave 112 1
- HMRC Agents Line 225 4
- calculation DTR restriction 97 1
- Company Director In Prison 469 11
- SMP reclaimable by employer 96 1
- AWeb - download file 191 3
- Charity work 252 11
- Help with HMRC investigation 275 6
- Director Drawings 208 5
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 282 13
- Managing Employee Expenses 242 7
- Collection or business assets 118 1
- Incorporated when they should not have 279 8
- Tax position re this lease? 374 9
- Do I need a smartphone? 735 23
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 110 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 686
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 528
- Cancelled 429
- Cancelled 366
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 362
- Probiz 338
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 329
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 244
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 218
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 204