Apologies this is not one of my areas and i am going to speak to a specialist but just want a heads up to some of the areas so i can look in to it as well.
Farmer wants to gift chunks of land to son. (Talking millions of pounds in total land)
Would qualify for Agriculural relief for IHT, and also could be a PET.
CGT - Are there any reliefs here? Or is cgt on MV?
SDLT - Is this payable if gifted? Is consideration deemed as MV?
Are there any VAT implications?
I do not expect free advice here (ie chapter and verse) just some pointers would be great before i speak with specialist.
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 444 4
- VAT on new builds 85 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 649 16
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 325 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 97 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 88 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 98 1
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,785 26
- Missing tax return 134 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 900 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 268 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 148 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 542 18
- Physiotherapy 223 3
- Inflation and fees 1,197 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 145 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 267 8
- CGT help please 131 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 333 7
- Cashflow forecasting software 121 2