Apologies this is not one of my areas and i am going to speak to a specialist but just want a heads up to some of the areas so i can look in to it as well.
Farmer wants to gift chunks of land to son. (Talking millions of pounds in total land)
Would qualify for Agriculural relief for IHT, and also could be a PET.
CGT - Are there any reliefs here? Or is cgt on MV?
SDLT - Is this payable if gifted? Is consideration deemed as MV?
Are there any VAT implications?
I do not expect free advice here (ie chapter and verse) just some pointers would be great before i speak with specialist.
- The stupidity continues 727 39
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 249 4
- transactions after account have been closed 205 4
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 193 5
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 537 10
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 232 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 137 1
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,341 25
- New Employers Helpline 211 4
- Software recommendations 279 1
- Share transfer question 389 17
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 338 7
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 191 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,465 19
- Overlap relief 761 19
- What is IRIS World like? 371 8
- Pension contributions 385 10
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 514 11
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 221 1
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 290 8
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 440
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 436
- WIP Software 301
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 291
- No payroll scheme in place 236
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 233
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 210
- Is there anything wrong with this? 206
- Small Part Disposal of Property 191
- Uncommercial property business 183