Apologies this is not one of my areas and i am going to speak to a specialist but just want a heads up to some of the areas so i can look in to it as well.
Farmer wants to gift chunks of land to son. (Talking millions of pounds in total land)
Would qualify for Agriculural relief for IHT, and also could be a PET.
CGT - Are there any reliefs here? Or is cgt on MV?
SDLT - Is this payable if gifted? Is consideration deemed as MV?
Are there any VAT implications?
I do not expect free advice here (ie chapter and verse) just some pointers would be great before i speak with specialist.
- Creation of leases out of freehold 148 2
- Selling Business 287 2
- P11D & tax return 176 7
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 2,294 50
- Companies Made Simple - I guess they don't want our business any more 99 1
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 434 6
- when is a bad debt a bad debt 87 1
- Capital Goods Scheme 121 6
- HMRC incompetency 353 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 2,109 59
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 725 22
- CGT Problem 851 7
- Concurrent users 344 6
- Just another average day trying to deal with HMRC 1,458 16
- Laptop help needed I bought the wrong operating system 462 9
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 243 1
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 2,197 13
- Late loss relief claim 125 1
- Losses carry forward to self employed 505 8
- CGT usage of ER lifetime limit 224 11
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 791
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 437
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 383
- Electric Car 324
- S222 Charge 261
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 234
- IP trans to holding company 207
- AIA 203
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 196
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 162