Apologies this is not one of my areas and i am going to speak to a specialist but just want a heads up to some of the areas so i can look in to it as well.
Farmer wants to gift chunks of land to son. (Talking millions of pounds in total land)
Would qualify for Agriculural relief for IHT, and also could be a PET.
CGT - Are there any reliefs here? Or is cgt on MV?
SDLT - Is this payable if gifted? Is consideration deemed as MV?
Are there any VAT implications?
I do not expect free advice here (ie chapter and verse) just some pointers would be great before i speak with specialist.
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 87 1
- Keeping disastrous accounts 267 4
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,854 74
- In pratice using part time accountants 225 3
- Payments on account 61 1
- On the high seas 76 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 122 2
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 539 11
- RTI Payroll ID 965 22
- Spousal transfer and PPR 841 34
- Payroll question 111 2
- Where has Portia gone? 4,796 106
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 252 5
- Warning - "Central Register of Companies" con 197 3
- Overlap profit 233 4
- Goodwill On Incorporation 128 1
- CT600 for first year UK company trading abroad 177 13
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 339 5
- micro entity balance sheet query 293 6
- What are other accountants having for lunch? 646 19
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 839
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 439
- Sanzar 335
- How do you do it 329
- Digital marketing focus group 309
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 285
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 201
- new investor structure 194
- Fit for purpose 194
- VAT Registration 175