Apologies this is not one of my areas and i am going to speak to a specialist but just want a heads up to some of the areas so i can look in to it as well.
Farmer wants to gift chunks of land to son. (Talking millions of pounds in total land)
Would qualify for Agriculural relief for IHT, and also could be a PET.
CGT - Are there any reliefs here? Or is cgt on MV?
SDLT - Is this payable if gifted? Is consideration deemed as MV?
Are there any VAT implications?
I do not expect free advice here (ie chapter and verse) just some pointers would be great before i speak with specialist.
- MS Surface Pro 3 217 5
- VAT on cashback card handling fee 160 3
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 85 2
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 2,025 28
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 302 11
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 672 21
- What is the reasoning behind HMRC letter re high income child benefit charge? 577 10
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 670 4
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,264 45
- practice planning 212 3
- Accounts Software 744 19
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 510 14
- Dividend Vouchers 396 5
- Gift to employee 433 14
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 187 3
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 1,143 37
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 206 3
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 174 1
- Question re Career choice... 1,696 10
- Which address 1,109 12
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 499
- CTA study material 474
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 348
- Pre incorp expenses 336
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 281
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 273
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 220
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 175
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 150
- Employment related securities question 135