Apologies this is not one of my areas and i am going to speak to a specialist but just want a heads up to some of the areas so i can look in to it as well.
Farmer wants to gift chunks of land to son. (Talking millions of pounds in total land)
Would qualify for Agriculural relief for IHT, and also could be a PET.
CGT - Are there any reliefs here? Or is cgt on MV?
SDLT - Is this payable if gifted? Is consideration deemed as MV?
Are there any VAT implications?
I do not expect free advice here (ie chapter and verse) just some pointers would be great before i speak with specialist.
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 769 32
- VAT Invoice 73 3
- IHT and Swiss Property 104 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 175 3
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 126 7
- General tax book with planning 99 1
- Gift of property & improvements 77 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 240 10
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 119 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 412 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 341 8
- Help with tax codes on Sage 233 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 156 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 249 4
- Accounting for a finance lease 152 4
- SA302's anyone?? 518 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,630 41
- Renting for military reasons 176 2
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 1,568 18
- Moneysoft Payroll Windows 8.1 Woes - Help! 1,042 18
- Skandia using wrong address 1,617
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 896
- International interest certificate 509
- NOVA 367
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 288
- Management expenses for investment company 261
- Bonus Bonds 259
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 170
- tax on apprenticeship income 166
- P11D benefit received by widow 147