Does anyone help me with Accounting for a client who is in the business of selling Plane Tickets. When I do the accounts do I show the whole Sales price as turnover or just the commission?
For VAT purposes, do I have to consider the full Sales Amount or just the commission? say if the Commission earned is less than £73k, can I avoid registering for VAT?
When the tickets are sold to the customer can the supplier charge VAT on it if he is registered for VAT, as ticketing is an exempt service for VAT? Also for an exempt trade ( travel ticketing), VAT can't be reclaimed on purchases right?
If he plans to add holiday packages - does he has to go on a Tour Operators scheme for VAT?
If you are in an Exempt VAT business , can you avoid registering for VAT even if your turnover is above the threshold? As you can't charge or reclaim any VAT?
Thanks for your help.
- Question help 233 8
- Directors undrawn salary 47 3
- Alternative to Sage 50 Accounts and Payroll 107 4
- Alphabet shares 397 1
- What is going rate on contractor fees ? 77 1
- Does anybody wish their local Inspector a Merry Christmas? 223 3
- Signifcant Debts skew SA Tax Liability 1,652 30
- e-payments 208 2
- Does anyone charge late payment interest? 67 1
- Gains on Life Assurance Investment Bond After Death 252 2
- Interest Only Mortgage 161 3
- Google ranking, Google reviews and confidentiality 81 1
- Still Looking for Website inspiration 317 8
- HRP and child benefit 168 3
- Incorrect Generic non-filing notice 1,547 22
- Generic notices - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH - Claim costs? 396 8
- Non sequitur 1,935 27
- RTI notices 192 7
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 1,517 26
- Being sued due to monthly fees 2,319 27
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 542
- confusion about 247
- Membership of SPA 225
- Sole trader renting property from self and co owner 220
- Maximum AIA Claimable 204
- Competition time! 198
- Alternate 185
- hp versus contract hire versus lease purchase with balloon 175
- Tax treatment of lost partnership capital 162
- Cheeky boogers ... 158