Does anyone help me with Accounting for a client who is in the business of selling Plane Tickets. When I do the accounts do I show the whole Sales price as turnover or just the commission?
For VAT purposes, do I have to consider the full Sales Amount or just the commission? say if the Commission earned is less than £73k, can I avoid registering for VAT?
When the tickets are sold to the customer can the supplier charge VAT on it if he is registered for VAT, as ticketing is an exempt service for VAT? Also for an exempt trade ( travel ticketing), VAT can't be reclaimed on purchases right?
If he plans to add holiday packages - does he has to go on a Tour Operators scheme for VAT?
If you are in an Exempt VAT business , can you avoid registering for VAT even if your turnover is above the threshold? As you can't charge or reclaim any VAT?
Thanks for your help.
- Self assesment online 1,027 12
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 250 11
- HMRC filing meltdown? 576 15
- client can't/won't pay 1,969 42
- Tax Credit Office opening hours 123 1
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 114 4
- Payment of tax due on 2014/15 Self Assessment tax return 116 2
- Non resident income. 476 21
- Why do I do this every year 465 10
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 294 22
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 184 3
- Hobby Horse 816 8
- What sectors to target? 622 30
- FYAs on second-hand vans 281 7
- Rent a room scheme query. 198 3
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 312 5
- closing limited company 207 2
- VAT when selling on Amazon 135 1
- Childcare voucher schemes 264 9
- IHT and US resident 82 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 938
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 655
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 605
- Latest phishing scam 583
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 421
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 316
- Scratch Head 248
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 240
- Sabbatical payments 201
- Negligible Value Claim 181