Does anyone help me with Accounting for a client who is in the business of selling Plane Tickets. When I do the accounts do I show the whole Sales price as turnover or just the commission?
For VAT purposes, do I have to consider the full Sales Amount or just the commission? say if the Commission earned is less than £73k, can I avoid registering for VAT?
When the tickets are sold to the customer can the supplier charge VAT on it if he is registered for VAT, as ticketing is an exempt service for VAT? Also for an exempt trade ( travel ticketing), VAT can't be reclaimed on purchases right?
If he plans to add holiday packages - does he has to go on a Tour Operators scheme for VAT?
If you are in an Exempt VAT business , can you avoid registering for VAT even if your turnover is above the threshold? As you can't charge or reclaim any VAT?
Thanks for your help.
- rental property, pre letting costs 190 6
- Looking to move my email from PC to cloud 208 6
- Taxation of Redeemable Preference Share Dividends 39 1
- letter of reference 232 4
- Staff 245 4
- Software for Accounts layout 411 8
- Income prior to company formation 374 10
- VAT on farm machinery sold 372 7
- Non-resident company director 124 2
- are we that stupid 991 21
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 748 13
- Can this be done? 210 1
- Capital Allowance & AIA 144 1
- Foster Care 157 1
- Spread Betting and Forex Trading 360 5
- Flexible report structure in cloud accounting 115 1
- Self Assessment penalties again 320 3
- Flat Management Company 227 1
- Share structure questions - close company 204 2
- Roll old capital gain into current one or declare separately? 190 4
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 331
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 291
- French ConnectionUK 272
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 253
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 218
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 218
- CentreCRM - anybody using it? 165
- E-mailing customer invoices in VT Transaction+ 158
- Tax surcharge appeal - where to send ? 156
- Agricultural Flat Rate Scheme 149