Does anyone help me with Accounting for a client who is in the business of selling Plane Tickets. When I do the accounts do I show the whole Sales price as turnover or just the commission?
For VAT purposes, do I have to consider the full Sales Amount or just the commission? say if the Commission earned is less than £73k, can I avoid registering for VAT?
When the tickets are sold to the customer can the supplier charge VAT on it if he is registered for VAT, as ticketing is an exempt service for VAT? Also for an exempt trade ( travel ticketing), VAT can't be reclaimed on purchases right?
If he plans to add holiday packages - does he has to go on a Tour Operators scheme for VAT?
If you are in an Exempt VAT business , can you avoid registering for VAT even if your turnover is above the threshold? As you can't charge or reclaim any VAT?
Thanks for your help.
- Community awards 2014 - first category 72 3
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 125 2
- Can you help me spot errors? 271 3
- Payment plans for clients 254 3
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 403 11
- CT600 236 8
- format cell to exclude decimals 300 16
- Supply of service to EU community body exempt from VAT 43 1
- Lease 110 4
- Free invoicing software 487 4
- Digita Hosted Software 390 4
- signature required 859 31
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,291 21
- Payroll error by client on Moneysoft 163 5
- Thin Client recomendation 206 3
- Mileage allowance payment via payroll 180 5
- VAT Office Grimsby 157 2
- Stock Valuation when a partner dies 109 2
- Inheritance Tax and the 7 Year rule for property as a gift 123 2
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 1,302 15
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,298
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 849
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 540
- Credit where credit's due....... 333
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 253
- TheTax Donut 222
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 180
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 169
- Director's business mileage 144
- Sole trader CPD 144