Does anyone help me with Accounting for a client who is in the business of selling Plane Tickets. When I do the accounts do I show the whole Sales price as turnover or just the commission?
For VAT purposes, do I have to consider the full Sales Amount or just the commission? say if the Commission earned is less than £73k, can I avoid registering for VAT?
When the tickets are sold to the customer can the supplier charge VAT on it if he is registered for VAT, as ticketing is an exempt service for VAT? Also for an exempt trade ( travel ticketing), VAT can't be reclaimed on purchases right?
If he plans to add holiday packages - does he has to go on a Tour Operators scheme for VAT?
If you are in an Exempt VAT business , can you avoid registering for VAT even if your turnover is above the threshold? As you can't charge or reclaim any VAT?
Thanks for your help.
- Termination Payment 254 6
- Signed accounts for bank 352 8
- flat rate scheme 2,112 40
- How can a childcare facility mitigate vat 46 1
- Landing clients 488 16
- Opening a Quick books file 173 2
- What are my legal responsibilities 465 15
- P11D Benefits - Accountancy fee for Directors personal tax 251 2
- cash the returned VAT cheque 227 1
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 240 1
- Remote subcontractors - due diligence 241 1
- Confict of Interest 338 1
- dividend date - whose income is it? 263 4
- Business lending another business money (UK) 130 3
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 346 5
- P11d query 284 5
- Rental expenses 117 1
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 161 5
- No more tax returns... 1,562 13
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 433 6