Does anyone help me with Accounting for a client who is in the business of selling Plane Tickets. When I do the accounts do I show the whole Sales price as turnover or just the commission?
For VAT purposes, do I have to consider the full Sales Amount or just the commission? say if the Commission earned is less than £73k, can I avoid registering for VAT?
When the tickets are sold to the customer can the supplier charge VAT on it if he is registered for VAT, as ticketing is an exempt service for VAT? Also for an exempt trade ( travel ticketing), VAT can't be reclaimed on purchases right?
If he plans to add holiday packages - does he has to go on a Tour Operators scheme for VAT?
If you are in an Exempt VAT business , can you avoid registering for VAT even if your turnover is above the threshold? As you can't charge or reclaim any VAT?
Thanks for your help.
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,661 38
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 284 6
- Tax implication on superannuation 177 3
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,550 25
- GRNI - Normal Balance 65 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 208 3
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 219 8
- Tax Fines - HMRC 811 13
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 97 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,296 24
- VAT - Check on clients business 907 37
- Second Limited Company 116 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 492 10
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 290 8
- Probate services 367 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 494 20
- trading losses allowable? 758 14
- Post AAT? 689 3
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 142 1
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 194 2