Does anyone help me with Accounting for a client who is in the business of selling Plane Tickets. When I do the accounts do I show the whole Sales price as turnover or just the commission?
For VAT purposes, do I have to consider the full Sales Amount or just the commission? say if the Commission earned is less than £73k, can I avoid registering for VAT?
When the tickets are sold to the customer can the supplier charge VAT on it if he is registered for VAT, as ticketing is an exempt service for VAT? Also for an exempt trade ( travel ticketing), VAT can't be reclaimed on purchases right?
If he plans to add holiday packages - does he has to go on a Tour Operators scheme for VAT?
If you are in an Exempt VAT business , can you avoid registering for VAT even if your turnover is above the threshold? As you can't charge or reclaim any VAT?
Thanks for your help.
- Donations (to a school!) 18 1
- Beaters and allowable exenses 70 2
- Family loan 210 7
- Repairs after a rental business ends 122 5
- Standard 'email' template system 605 10
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 42 2
- Shutting down a company with creditors 655 8
- Any Scottish members out there? 6,684 248
- FL Memo - Any Good 463 8
- Tax implications for client leaving share incentive plan 23 1
- VAT Romania - how to register 166 3
- 50% Shareholder & Director stealing money from the business 293 8
- Private Residence Election for CGT purposes 227 4
- Looking for subcontract work! 222 5
- Disclosure of pending convertible loan notes? 187 9
- What's your best practice shortcut or 'hack'? 1,648 39
- Consolidation of new group 73 2
- Anti Money Laundering Checks 249 3
- Recycle old study books 450 11
- Being Tax relevant 431 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,078
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 350
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 293
- National Insurance 252
- Joint construction arrangement CIS and VAT 227
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 227
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 212
- Payments on account coded out?? 211
- Non Resident 170
- Franchise income and costs 158