Does anyone help me with Accounting for a client who is in the business of selling Plane Tickets. When I do the accounts do I show the whole Sales price as turnover or just the commission?
For VAT purposes, do I have to consider the full Sales Amount or just the commission? say if the Commission earned is less than £73k, can I avoid registering for VAT?
When the tickets are sold to the customer can the supplier charge VAT on it if he is registered for VAT, as ticketing is an exempt service for VAT? Also for an exempt trade ( travel ticketing), VAT can't be reclaimed on purchases right?
If he plans to add holiday packages - does he has to go on a Tour Operators scheme for VAT?
If you are in an Exempt VAT business , can you avoid registering for VAT even if your turnover is above the threshold? As you can't charge or reclaim any VAT?
Thanks for your help.
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 180 2
- Childcare voucher scheme for a director earning the minimum amount 107 5
- Online or Paper 64-8? 374 7
- Notes on related parties 95 4
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 281 2
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 309 4
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 556 12
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 602 6
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 582 20
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 419 8
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 448 9
- Tax Planning for Family and Owner-Managed Companies 2015/16 587 9
- iris update 11.9.2 396 6
- Sports Sponsorship 253 2
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 167 2
- Paid too much !! 504 3
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 138 3
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 260 1
- will this work for IHT 289 2
- Best software for small practice? 691 20
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 774
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 457
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 277
- DTA tie-breaker issue 265
- CGT for NOn UK residents 227
- Apprenticeship Levy 204
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 198
- Capital Gains personal representatives 185
- Just checking re PSA 180
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 173