Does anyone help me with Accounting for a client who is in the business of selling Plane Tickets. When I do the accounts do I show the whole Sales price as turnover or just the commission?
For VAT purposes, do I have to consider the full Sales Amount or just the commission? say if the Commission earned is less than £73k, can I avoid registering for VAT?
When the tickets are sold to the customer can the supplier charge VAT on it if he is registered for VAT, as ticketing is an exempt service for VAT? Also for an exempt trade ( travel ticketing), VAT can't be reclaimed on purchases right?
If he plans to add holiday packages - does he has to go on a Tour Operators scheme for VAT?
If you are in an Exempt VAT business , can you avoid registering for VAT even if your turnover is above the threshold? As you can't charge or reclaim any VAT?
Thanks for your help.
- Fee protection 934 18
- overdrawn directors loan 243 5
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 189 3
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 262 4
- Incorporation and goodwill 65 1
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,195 47
- What happens to the director's loan if the company was to go into liquidation? 82 1
- Telephone call from "Xero" 441 5
- Error on SA Tax Return 129 3
- dividend 182 10
- Purchase of shares in a Limited Company 142 5
- Repairs or Improvement? 258 5
- Credit Card Payment - What are we required to do? 187 3
- Irish Taxation 149 4
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 326 2
- Self assessment tax arrears 520 6
- Drector renting room to company 111 1
- Off site storage 166 5
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 606 6
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 259 7
- Xtuple 568
- Qtac payroll for bureau 388
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 343
- Domain name sale and limited company 234
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 212
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 212
- Can a small company buy a painting as an investment? 210
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 183
- Tax on damages received 182
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 152