Does anyone help me with Accounting for a client who is in the business of selling Plane Tickets. When I do the accounts do I show the whole Sales price as turnover or just the commission?
For VAT purposes, do I have to consider the full Sales Amount or just the commission? say if the Commission earned is less than £73k, can I avoid registering for VAT?
When the tickets are sold to the customer can the supplier charge VAT on it if he is registered for VAT, as ticketing is an exempt service for VAT? Also for an exempt trade ( travel ticketing), VAT can't be reclaimed on purchases right?
If he plans to add holiday packages - does he has to go on a Tour Operators scheme for VAT?
If you are in an Exempt VAT business , can you avoid registering for VAT even if your turnover is above the threshold? As you can't charge or reclaim any VAT?
Thanks for your help.
- Value pricing 419 14
- SA Return issued after P800 received 78 4
- More than one Employment Allowance ? 75 1
- Auto enrolment 245 4
- SDLT - transfer of land into newco 88 3
- Personal Service Company 41 1
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,143 25
- Sage Payroll 181 8
- Sale of shares and ER 56 2
- Laptop purchase 1,125 19
- VAT on Gaming Machines 238 1
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 107 3
- VAT 87 1
- Auto enrolment 328 5
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 120 4
- Fee's for P11D's 151 1
- Undeclared Self Employment 1,793 14
- Moneysoft - Car Benefits 157 2
- Share restructure 387 15
- RTI and bank holiday Friday 204 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 753
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 513
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 381
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 357
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 271
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 209
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 208
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 187
- Director Loan account operation 180
- vat return 154