Does anyone help me with Accounting for a client who is in the business of selling Plane Tickets. When I do the accounts do I show the whole Sales price as turnover or just the commission?
For VAT purposes, do I have to consider the full Sales Amount or just the commission? say if the Commission earned is less than £73k, can I avoid registering for VAT?
When the tickets are sold to the customer can the supplier charge VAT on it if he is registered for VAT, as ticketing is an exempt service for VAT? Also for an exempt trade ( travel ticketing), VAT can't be reclaimed on purchases right?
If he plans to add holiday packages - does he has to go on a Tour Operators scheme for VAT?
If you are in an Exempt VAT business , can you avoid registering for VAT even if your turnover is above the threshold? As you can't charge or reclaim any VAT?
Thanks for your help.
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 196 3
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 149 3
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 106 5
- do i pay vat when buying a business 461 25
- Auto enrolment for one or two director companies 1,959 30
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 650 22
- Tax status of prizes 282 17
- Accounting for a finance lease 50 2
- SA302's anyone?? 407 14
- Deed of variation on a will & effect on tax returns 59 1
- Clogged Losses 231 4
- Import Sales Invoices into Sage Instant 284 5
- Are Sage finally getting it's act together? 213 2
- Receiving dividends from a pension fund? 91 5
- Partnership to LLP - Capital Contribution 160 3
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 359 9
- Bookkeping software 571 5
- VAT MOSS - e-services query 99 1
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 352 12
- clg 147 3
- Skandia using wrong address 1,609
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 891
- International interest certificate 501
- NOVA 362
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 273
- Bonus Bonds 254
- Management expenses for investment company 254
- Help with tax codes on Sage 200
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 165
- tax on apprenticeship income 155