Does anyone help me with Accounting for a client who is in the business of selling Plane Tickets. When I do the accounts do I show the whole Sales price as turnover or just the commission?
For VAT purposes, do I have to consider the full Sales Amount or just the commission? say if the Commission earned is less than £73k, can I avoid registering for VAT?
When the tickets are sold to the customer can the supplier charge VAT on it if he is registered for VAT, as ticketing is an exempt service for VAT? Also for an exempt trade ( travel ticketing), VAT can't be reclaimed on purchases right?
If he plans to add holiday packages - does he has to go on a Tour Operators scheme for VAT?
If you are in an Exempt VAT business , can you avoid registering for VAT even if your turnover is above the threshold? As you can't charge or reclaim any VAT?
Thanks for your help.
- Limited Company Contractor renting a house whilst working at a temporary location 78 1
- Income tax on foreign dividends 219 2
- break even point 575 18
- How much to charge? 165 3
- Simple consolidation question 84 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 381 10
- Capital Gain? 486 13
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 986 27
- thinking of starting up - AAT ACCA 147 4
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 401 9
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 201 3
- Abolish the penalty regime 258 5
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 98 1
- Separating a business into retail and wholesale, with husband and wife as separate owner/managers. 148 4
- IHT Query 220 4
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 434 2
- BrightPay 689 22
- 3 Days Grace for late FPS's? 238 3
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 454 8
- Gift or Capital Gain? 382 11
- Possible Partnership? 462
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 436
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 427
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 232
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 224
- Clubs and Taxable Income 216
- New Fangled Penalties 211
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 211
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 180
- Loans to other companies 164