Does anyone help me with Accounting for a client who is in the business of selling Plane Tickets. When I do the accounts do I show the whole Sales price as turnover or just the commission?
For VAT purposes, do I have to consider the full Sales Amount or just the commission? say if the Commission earned is less than £73k, can I avoid registering for VAT?
When the tickets are sold to the customer can the supplier charge VAT on it if he is registered for VAT, as ticketing is an exempt service for VAT? Also for an exempt trade ( travel ticketing), VAT can't be reclaimed on purchases right?
If he plans to add holiday packages - does he has to go on a Tour Operators scheme for VAT?
If you are in an Exempt VAT business , can you avoid registering for VAT even if your turnover is above the threshold? As you can't charge or reclaim any VAT?
Thanks for your help.
- What taxes must employers pay in Continental Europe? e.g. Germany and France 99 1
- Setting up direct debit on Clients bank accounts to collect monthly payments 332 10
- Travel costs and contractors 267 3
- vat help for catering concession 143 3
- Employee works in UK paid by Denmark and uses company car from another business 53 1
- RTI and Directors' salaries 147 2
- Is there capital gains tax for selling a church? 209 3
- Importers 111 1
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 278 4
- Tax free threshold on person receiving gifts 252 4
- dfgd fget 126 1
- More AE! 235 6
- New business - journal entries 612 27
- US Citizen but never resident in US 217 4
- LLP Tax Allocation Prior Year Amendment 74 1
- aia 126 1
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 447 10
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 460 16
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 260 5
- Form 17 Joint tenancy v tenants in common 268 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 991
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 746
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 432
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 251
- Digita Hosted Software 250
- Social investment tax relief 244
- Call Centre Data Costs 230
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 184
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 148
- Petrol station franchise and VAT 138