Does anyone help me with Accounting for a client who is in the business of selling Plane Tickets. When I do the accounts do I show the whole Sales price as turnover or just the commission?
For VAT purposes, do I have to consider the full Sales Amount or just the commission? say if the Commission earned is less than £73k, can I avoid registering for VAT?
When the tickets are sold to the customer can the supplier charge VAT on it if he is registered for VAT, as ticketing is an exempt service for VAT? Also for an exempt trade ( travel ticketing), VAT can't be reclaimed on purchases right?
If he plans to add holiday packages - does he has to go on a Tour Operators scheme for VAT?
If you are in an Exempt VAT business , can you avoid registering for VAT even if your turnover is above the threshold? As you can't charge or reclaim any VAT?
Thanks for your help.
- Car or Van - BIK not VAT 394 12
- VAT position on EU supplies/commission 90 2
- Moneysoft - technical query 201 4
- Let Property Campaign 173 3
- is photo id necessary to set up a direct debit? 50 1
- What would you do? 336 2
- Taxable income for previous years 361 8
- Depreciation on purchase of software 145 2
- SA302 list of lenders accepting alternative 1,307 16
- App recommendations 330 4
- Defend your local inspector? 622 7
- accountant in Bristol 499 1
- New Company Director PAYE Question 761 20
- Exasperated by HMRC 2,149 19
- How long should one give Aweb … 705 9
- Resident and Non-resident 768 7
- Benefit in Kind - Director loan or not? 166 3
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 418 16
- Working Hours Calculation - Rounding Hours up/down 148 2
- Self employed Self Assessment 398 2
- HMRC arbitrarily amending tax returns for higher rate child benefit charge 357
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 343
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 279
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 251
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 251
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 243
- Electric Car 195
- S222 Charge 184
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 176
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 175