Aligning accounts to the tax year
Long established self-employed client wants to change his year end from 31 December to 5 April.
The latest accounts are made up for the period 1 Jan 2008 to 5 April 2009.
There are no overlap profits brought forward.
Please can anyone help me with Basis periods etc. and what boxes to complete in the SE tax return?
The tax office help line were not much help.
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 381 22
- How would you account for warranty? 95 3
- Sweet Tooth 111 6
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,008 13
- LLP - Member leaving 67 4
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 179 6
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 152 2
- trading or dormant 85 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 71 1
- tax credits 107 5
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 507 19
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 173 6
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 558 11
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 254 3
- Benefit In Kind Accommodation 105 1
- Tax Return Deadlines 190 3
- Foreign income for self employed 123 1
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 625 18
- Sage help...written off bad debt, done year end now bad payer wants to start to pay 76 2
- Who owns SAGE Data? 492 10
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 858
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 512
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 324
- How to format a stock book 300
- Tax efficient holding company structure 238
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 233
- Investment property company accounts template 223
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 216
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 185
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 157