Am I being thick ??????
After several phone calls to different technical support advisors I am beginning to think I am on a different planet as the two common factors (see below) in question will be applicable to 000's of clients and so must have been addressed by Sage ??
Two factors :
1) registered in the Construction Industry Scheme under net status i.e. 20% deduction
2) VAT cash accounting
Where VAT cash accounting is used, Sage will not allow invoices and credit notes to be allocated to each other unless they are posted with the SAME VAT code.
I am needing an easy solution that is manageable by the client and not an accountant !!
Basically the client needs to account for the 20% CIS that their customer will deduct from the payment.
Under standard VAT accounting this wouldn't be a problem because you could raise a sales invoice with a T1 VAT code and then raise a credit note for the CIS tax with a T9 VAT code. But under VAT cash accounting Sage will not allow the invoice and credit to be allocated because of the different VAT codes.
So then I was told that the workaround was to post a customer receipt for the full amount and then post a bank payment for the CIS tax.
The problem with this is that you send the customer a sales invoice with no record of the CIS tax deduction that they have to make and so you can guarantee that because of this some customers will incorrectly pay the full invoice amount without deducting the CIS tax.
Having then spoken to the report designer team I was told that they had never had this query raised previously.
So can someone please confirm that my client is the ONLY Sage customer operating VAT cash accounting in the Construction Industry Scheme !!!!
- Company dividends 131 7
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 209 8
- Death of taxpayer - personal allowance 42 3
- how to reduce student loan payments - taxfiler 262 8
- state pension statement 352 7
- Notice of Coding 0T but not Month 1 219 6
- Use of home deduction 35 1
- Tax return filed on time but payment late 276 4
- When is golf coaching a vatable supply? 99 1
- Worried over stock value 295 7
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,345 25
- SA1 Online 155 2
- What tax to pay 241 3
- Writing down allowance / AIA 237 8
- Backdate C79? 194 3
- Sole Trader using Tax Losses 341 15
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,252 77
- NO HMRC PENALTY 130 1
- EBT via Payroll 143 1
- anyone using Office365 for practice management 887 24
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 835
- Copy Wanted 563
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 514
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 496
- Latest phishing scam 360
- Entrepreneurs' relief 337
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 297
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 293
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 285
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 190