Am I being thick ??????
After several phone calls to different technical support advisors I am beginning to think I am on a different planet as the two common factors (see below) in question will be applicable to 000's of clients and so must have been addressed by Sage ??
Two factors :
1) registered in the Construction Industry Scheme under net status i.e. 20% deduction
2) VAT cash accounting
Where VAT cash accounting is used, Sage will not allow invoices and credit notes to be allocated to each other unless they are posted with the SAME VAT code.
I am needing an easy solution that is manageable by the client and not an accountant !!
Basically the client needs to account for the 20% CIS that their customer will deduct from the payment.
Under standard VAT accounting this wouldn't be a problem because you could raise a sales invoice with a T1 VAT code and then raise a credit note for the CIS tax with a T9 VAT code. But under VAT cash accounting Sage will not allow the invoice and credit to be allocated because of the different VAT codes.
So then I was told that the workaround was to post a customer receipt for the full amount and then post a bank payment for the CIS tax.
The problem with this is that you send the customer a sales invoice with no record of the CIS tax deduction that they have to make and so you can guarantee that because of this some customers will incorrectly pay the full invoice amount without deducting the CIS tax.
Having then spoken to the report designer team I was told that they had never had this query raised previously.
So can someone please confirm that my client is the ONLY Sage customer operating VAT cash accounting in the Construction Industry Scheme !!!!
- Very large share capital by mistake 177 1
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 354 8
- Reimbursing director travel costs 405 6
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,972 45
- Love is in the air 301 3
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,675 20
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 239 8
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 383 8
- Client Paperwork Retention? 495 11
- Sage 50 VAT Return 237 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 518 1
- Paying Son 648 18
- HMRC accounting 374 3
- Employers NI allowance 456 6
- Dividend taxation 373 3
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 285 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 189 2
- Tax Overlap Reporting 263 3
- Buy to Let Property! Shell I buy or not? 455 4
- iris update 11.9.2 453 7
- DTA tie-breaker issue 295
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 276
- CGT for NOn UK residents 274
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 266
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 246
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 234
- Apprenticeship Levy 231
- Capital Gains personal representatives 215
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 209
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 205