Am I being thick ??????
After several phone calls to different technical support advisors I am beginning to think I am on a different planet as the two common factors (see below) in question will be applicable to 000's of clients and so must have been addressed by Sage ??
Two factors :
1) registered in the Construction Industry Scheme under net status i.e. 20% deduction
2) VAT cash accounting
Where VAT cash accounting is used, Sage will not allow invoices and credit notes to be allocated to each other unless they are posted with the SAME VAT code.
I am needing an easy solution that is manageable by the client and not an accountant !!
Basically the client needs to account for the 20% CIS that their customer will deduct from the payment.
Under standard VAT accounting this wouldn't be a problem because you could raise a sales invoice with a T1 VAT code and then raise a credit note for the CIS tax with a T9 VAT code. But under VAT cash accounting Sage will not allow the invoice and credit to be allocated because of the different VAT codes.
So then I was told that the workaround was to post a customer receipt for the full amount and then post a bank payment for the CIS tax.
The problem with this is that you send the customer a sales invoice with no record of the CIS tax deduction that they have to make and so you can guarantee that because of this some customers will incorrectly pay the full invoice amount without deducting the CIS tax.
Having then spoken to the report designer team I was told that they had never had this query raised previously.
So can someone please confirm that my client is the ONLY Sage customer operating VAT cash accounting in the Construction Industry Scheme !!!!
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 619 6
- Unallocated client money 435 10
- What is going on with VAT applications?? 2,015 41
- Errors in prior year accounts 890 24
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,459 26
- Expenses Apps 259 5
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,699 25
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 559 10
- VAT & capitalising 160 3
- Final year's accounts 186 1
- Do I Need A Balance Sheet? 373 5
- Self Assessment Tax Return Penalties 329 5
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 329 7
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 295 15
- Have we a distribution when we reduced our capital but it hadn't been registered? & tax implications in winding up 169 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,001 36
- Invoice Help 268 7
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 211 3
- Employee overpaid who has left 276 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 262 3
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 627
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 534
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 299
- Cancelled 285
- Cancelled 246
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 195
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 193
- Probiz 180
- Married woman dies owning marital home 175
- What's the market like for temps? 169