Am I being thick ??????
After several phone calls to different technical support advisors I am beginning to think I am on a different planet as the two common factors (see below) in question will be applicable to 000's of clients and so must have been addressed by Sage ??
Two factors :
1) registered in the Construction Industry Scheme under net status i.e. 20% deduction
2) VAT cash accounting
Where VAT cash accounting is used, Sage will not allow invoices and credit notes to be allocated to each other unless they are posted with the SAME VAT code.
I am needing an easy solution that is manageable by the client and not an accountant !!
Basically the client needs to account for the 20% CIS that their customer will deduct from the payment.
Under standard VAT accounting this wouldn't be a problem because you could raise a sales invoice with a T1 VAT code and then raise a credit note for the CIS tax with a T9 VAT code. But under VAT cash accounting Sage will not allow the invoice and credit to be allocated because of the different VAT codes.
So then I was told that the workaround was to post a customer receipt for the full amount and then post a bank payment for the CIS tax.
The problem with this is that you send the customer a sales invoice with no record of the CIS tax deduction that they have to make and so you can guarantee that because of this some customers will incorrectly pay the full invoice amount without deducting the CIS tax.
Having then spoken to the report designer team I was told that they had never had this query raised previously.
So can someone please confirm that my client is the ONLY Sage customer operating VAT cash accounting in the Construction Industry Scheme !!!!
- Using home as clients registered address 38 2
- THEATRE SHOW - HIRE - VAT PAYABLE ON TICKET SALES 23 1
- How much does the company pay 631 29
- Childcare vouchers 303 4
- Van Benefit in Kind Query 144 4
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 190 2
- I have done a terrible thing 709 15
- HMRC property income enquiry 323 8
- Not paying accountant 1,839 46
- Cash basis VAT return 85 1
- VAT on Business Premises 87 2
- Section 165 TCGA 1992 - time limit? 63 1
- Consolidation Software 141 2
- Client being taken to court and really do not know what to do 465 11
- New Incorporations - ERTNAC hoax - anyone else seen this? 1,023 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,188 32
- Anyone else still working this week? 327 9
- LLp Profits 140 5
- two business from one premises 142 2
- AIA 254 16
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 504
- corporate hierarchy 465
- Advice - 317
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 267
- WWOOFers 259
- The booking.com con 240
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 234
- Cocaine anyone? 219
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 215
- UK State pension paid in NZ 175