Am I being thick ??????
After several phone calls to different technical support advisors I am beginning to think I am on a different planet as the two common factors (see below) in question will be applicable to 000's of clients and so must have been addressed by Sage ??
Two factors :
1) registered in the Construction Industry Scheme under net status i.e. 20% deduction
2) VAT cash accounting
Where VAT cash accounting is used, Sage will not allow invoices and credit notes to be allocated to each other unless they are posted with the SAME VAT code.
I am needing an easy solution that is manageable by the client and not an accountant !!
Basically the client needs to account for the 20% CIS that their customer will deduct from the payment.
Under standard VAT accounting this wouldn't be a problem because you could raise a sales invoice with a T1 VAT code and then raise a credit note for the CIS tax with a T9 VAT code. But under VAT cash accounting Sage will not allow the invoice and credit to be allocated because of the different VAT codes.
So then I was told that the workaround was to post a customer receipt for the full amount and then post a bank payment for the CIS tax.
The problem with this is that you send the customer a sales invoice with no record of the CIS tax deduction that they have to make and so you can guarantee that because of this some customers will incorrectly pay the full invoice amount without deducting the CIS tax.
Having then spoken to the report designer team I was told that they had never had this query raised previously.
So can someone please confirm that my client is the ONLY Sage customer operating VAT cash accounting in the Construction Industry Scheme !!!!
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 403 15
- Losses carry forward to self employed 18 1
- Time to ditch Sage? 263 4
- Fees 289 3
- Agent Authorisation Issue 248 3
- HMRC Post 532 7
- Transactions with directors 447 3
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 287 9
- Non VAT invoices 208 4
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 203 2
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,396 32
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 256 5
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 227 2
- Form 17 Download 158 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 561 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 384 4
- HMRC Information notice 994 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 282 3
- Accountant Specialization. 398 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,787 42
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 764
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 414
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 365
- Electric Car 299
- S222 Charge 245
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 210
- IP trans to holding company 196
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 185
- AIA 180
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 179