Am I being thick ??????
After several phone calls to different technical support advisors I am beginning to think I am on a different planet as the two common factors (see below) in question will be applicable to 000's of clients and so must have been addressed by Sage ??
Two factors :
1) registered in the Construction Industry Scheme under net status i.e. 20% deduction
2) VAT cash accounting
Where VAT cash accounting is used, Sage will not allow invoices and credit notes to be allocated to each other unless they are posted with the SAME VAT code.
I am needing an easy solution that is manageable by the client and not an accountant !!
Basically the client needs to account for the 20% CIS that their customer will deduct from the payment.
Under standard VAT accounting this wouldn't be a problem because you could raise a sales invoice with a T1 VAT code and then raise a credit note for the CIS tax with a T9 VAT code. But under VAT cash accounting Sage will not allow the invoice and credit to be allocated because of the different VAT codes.
So then I was told that the workaround was to post a customer receipt for the full amount and then post a bank payment for the CIS tax.
The problem with this is that you send the customer a sales invoice with no record of the CIS tax deduction that they have to make and so you can guarantee that because of this some customers will incorrectly pay the full invoice amount without deducting the CIS tax.
Having then spoken to the report designer team I was told that they had never had this query raised previously.
So can someone please confirm that my client is the ONLY Sage customer operating VAT cash accounting in the Construction Industry Scheme !!!!
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 246 4
- get an accountant not an unqulified accounting clerk 178 8
- What rent was paid for income tax purposes? 87 1
- Who's going to the next Tick & Bash? 87 2
- A round of applause please for winner of BITCH OF THE 559 13
- CGT history of shares 196 4
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 155 5
- Client Entertainment to get new business or referral as opposed to say thanks 225 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 347 6
- CGT on sale of let property 140 2
- how do i get UTR 169 3
- Input VAT suffered in EU 103 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 254 3
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 162 1
- Your comments please 335 6
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 207 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 148 2
- EIS 205 4
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 149 1
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 124 2
- Moving away from CCH software 974
- QROP pension input amounts 456
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 402
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 387
- fraud 309
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 288
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 249
- Construction CIS LLP Company 234
- EPS and CIS deductions 228
- Out of time or not? 215