Am I being thick ??????
After several phone calls to different technical support advisors I am beginning to think I am on a different planet as the two common factors (see below) in question will be applicable to 000's of clients and so must have been addressed by Sage ??
Two factors :
1) registered in the Construction Industry Scheme under net status i.e. 20% deduction
2) VAT cash accounting
Where VAT cash accounting is used, Sage will not allow invoices and credit notes to be allocated to each other unless they are posted with the SAME VAT code.
I am needing an easy solution that is manageable by the client and not an accountant !!
Basically the client needs to account for the 20% CIS that their customer will deduct from the payment.
Under standard VAT accounting this wouldn't be a problem because you could raise a sales invoice with a T1 VAT code and then raise a credit note for the CIS tax with a T9 VAT code. But under VAT cash accounting Sage will not allow the invoice and credit to be allocated because of the different VAT codes.
So then I was told that the workaround was to post a customer receipt for the full amount and then post a bank payment for the CIS tax.
The problem with this is that you send the customer a sales invoice with no record of the CIS tax deduction that they have to make and so you can guarantee that because of this some customers will incorrectly pay the full invoice amount without deducting the CIS tax.
Having then spoken to the report designer team I was told that they had never had this query raised previously.
So can someone please confirm that my client is the ONLY Sage customer operating VAT cash accounting in the Construction Industry Scheme !!!!
- Recharge for private use of a company car 630 19
- WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON AT HMRC? 211 3
- How a company director can keep paying £833 165 5
- Settlement discount 288 7
- Thin Client recomendation 265 4
- Community awards 2014 - first category 243 8
- format cell to exclude decimals 355 18
- Payment plans for clients 303 4
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 499 14
- Employee steeling client data 179 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,393 23
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 200 5
- Subsistence Exclusions 140 3
- Insurance Claims - Legal Services 97 1
- CT600 292 9
- VAT Office Grimsby 248 4
- signature required 931 34
- i want to get the reserves below 25K 236 1
- Can you help me spot errors? 361 4
- Form VAT 600 FRS 99 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,314
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 863
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 563
- Credit where credit's due....... 344
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 264
- TheTax Donut 242
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 197
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 192
- Director's business mileage 161
- Sole trader CPD 151