Am I being thick ??????
After several phone calls to different technical support advisors I am beginning to think I am on a different planet as the two common factors (see below) in question will be applicable to 000's of clients and so must have been addressed by Sage ??
Two factors :
1) registered in the Construction Industry Scheme under net status i.e. 20% deduction
2) VAT cash accounting
Where VAT cash accounting is used, Sage will not allow invoices and credit notes to be allocated to each other unless they are posted with the SAME VAT code.
I am needing an easy solution that is manageable by the client and not an accountant !!
Basically the client needs to account for the 20% CIS that their customer will deduct from the payment.
Under standard VAT accounting this wouldn't be a problem because you could raise a sales invoice with a T1 VAT code and then raise a credit note for the CIS tax with a T9 VAT code. But under VAT cash accounting Sage will not allow the invoice and credit to be allocated because of the different VAT codes.
So then I was told that the workaround was to post a customer receipt for the full amount and then post a bank payment for the CIS tax.
The problem with this is that you send the customer a sales invoice with no record of the CIS tax deduction that they have to make and so you can guarantee that because of this some customers will incorrectly pay the full invoice amount without deducting the CIS tax.
Having then spoken to the report designer team I was told that they had never had this query raised previously.
So can someone please confirm that my client is the ONLY Sage customer operating VAT cash accounting in the Construction Industry Scheme !!!!
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 168 4
- Business lending another business money (UK) 318 9
- Manufacturer cashback on fixed asset purchase 71 1
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 290 7
- Family Partnership 292 9
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 193 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 197 6
- Business trips - director and family 424 3
- Signed accounts for bank 668 15
- flat rate scheme 2,383 50
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 174 2
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 330 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 201 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 100 2
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 865 12
- Deferring dividends on paper 215 5
- VAT Query on new build 129 1
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 124 1
- P11D Car Value 278 6
- NOVA declaration 114 1