Am I being thick ??????
After several phone calls to different technical support advisors I am beginning to think I am on a different planet as the two common factors (see below) in question will be applicable to 000's of clients and so must have been addressed by Sage ??
Two factors :
1) registered in the Construction Industry Scheme under net status i.e. 20% deduction
2) VAT cash accounting
Where VAT cash accounting is used, Sage will not allow invoices and credit notes to be allocated to each other unless they are posted with the SAME VAT code.
I am needing an easy solution that is manageable by the client and not an accountant !!
Basically the client needs to account for the 20% CIS that their customer will deduct from the payment.
Under standard VAT accounting this wouldn't be a problem because you could raise a sales invoice with a T1 VAT code and then raise a credit note for the CIS tax with a T9 VAT code. But under VAT cash accounting Sage will not allow the invoice and credit to be allocated because of the different VAT codes.
So then I was told that the workaround was to post a customer receipt for the full amount and then post a bank payment for the CIS tax.
The problem with this is that you send the customer a sales invoice with no record of the CIS tax deduction that they have to make and so you can guarantee that because of this some customers will incorrectly pay the full invoice amount without deducting the CIS tax.
Having then spoken to the report designer team I was told that they had never had this query raised previously.
So can someone please confirm that my client is the ONLY Sage customer operating VAT cash accounting in the Construction Industry Scheme !!!!
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,663 38
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 285 6
- Tax implication on superannuation 178 3
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,550 25
- GRNI - Normal Balance 67 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 210 3
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 219 8
- Tax Fines - HMRC 813 13
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 101 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,296 24
- VAT - Check on clients business 907 37
- Second Limited Company 118 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 494 10
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 290 8
- Probate services 368 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 498 20
- trading losses allowable? 760 14
- Post AAT? 690 3
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 146 1
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 194 2