Am I being thick ??????
After several phone calls to different technical support advisors I am beginning to think I am on a different planet as the two common factors (see below) in question will be applicable to 000's of clients and so must have been addressed by Sage ??
Two factors :
1) registered in the Construction Industry Scheme under net status i.e. 20% deduction
2) VAT cash accounting
Where VAT cash accounting is used, Sage will not allow invoices and credit notes to be allocated to each other unless they are posted with the SAME VAT code.
I am needing an easy solution that is manageable by the client and not an accountant !!
Basically the client needs to account for the 20% CIS that their customer will deduct from the payment.
Under standard VAT accounting this wouldn't be a problem because you could raise a sales invoice with a T1 VAT code and then raise a credit note for the CIS tax with a T9 VAT code. But under VAT cash accounting Sage will not allow the invoice and credit to be allocated because of the different VAT codes.
So then I was told that the workaround was to post a customer receipt for the full amount and then post a bank payment for the CIS tax.
The problem with this is that you send the customer a sales invoice with no record of the CIS tax deduction that they have to make and so you can guarantee that because of this some customers will incorrectly pay the full invoice amount without deducting the CIS tax.
Having then spoken to the report designer team I was told that they had never had this query raised previously.
So can someone please confirm that my client is the ONLY Sage customer operating VAT cash accounting in the Construction Industry Scheme !!!!
- 45p mileage - stupid question 19 1
- CGT on transfer of property 66 1
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,392 26
- Clearbooks - creating a HP Account 126 5
- How to claim subsistence for working away from home 231 5
- Capital Event? 25 1
- Withdrawing company car 149 2
- What is IRIS World like? 440 11
- The stupidity continues 1,566 74
- looking for a practice consultant 236 3
- RE assets introduced and rent 119 2
- Two trades one individual - Vat registration? 338 3
- AML report needed? 212 7
- Bank request To verify Accounts 285 6
- transactions after account have been closed 334 10
- VAT on work on residential premises (empty for 2 years prior) 119 1
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 410 9
- Marketing and email surprises 471 9
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 777 26
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 341 5
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 449
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 448
- WIP Software 310
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 296
- No payroll scheme in place 247
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 245
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 220
- Is there anything wrong with this? 215
- Small Part Disposal of Property 205
- Uncommercial property business 194