Am I being thick ??????
After several phone calls to different technical support advisors I am beginning to think I am on a different planet as the two common factors (see below) in question will be applicable to 000's of clients and so must have been addressed by Sage ??
Two factors :
1) registered in the Construction Industry Scheme under net status i.e. 20% deduction
2) VAT cash accounting
Where VAT cash accounting is used, Sage will not allow invoices and credit notes to be allocated to each other unless they are posted with the SAME VAT code.
I am needing an easy solution that is manageable by the client and not an accountant !!
Basically the client needs to account for the 20% CIS that their customer will deduct from the payment.
Under standard VAT accounting this wouldn't be a problem because you could raise a sales invoice with a T1 VAT code and then raise a credit note for the CIS tax with a T9 VAT code. But under VAT cash accounting Sage will not allow the invoice and credit to be allocated because of the different VAT codes.
So then I was told that the workaround was to post a customer receipt for the full amount and then post a bank payment for the CIS tax.
The problem with this is that you send the customer a sales invoice with no record of the CIS tax deduction that they have to make and so you can guarantee that because of this some customers will incorrectly pay the full invoice amount without deducting the CIS tax.
Having then spoken to the report designer team I was told that they had never had this query raised previously.
So can someone please confirm that my client is the ONLY Sage customer operating VAT cash accounting in the Construction Industry Scheme !!!!
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 297 7
- Capital allowances on taxis 85 1
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 388 6
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 314 8
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 271 8
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 98 2
- Where has Portia gone? 1,798 65
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 906 21
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 208 3
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 138 1
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 197 11
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 410 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 344 9
- Merging my businesses 172 2
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,739 73
- Spousal transfer and PPR 520 16
- VAT on commercial property 173 3
- Rogue Accountant 3,067 49
- deceased creditor 222 5
- Corporate member of LLP 288 1
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 786
- RTI - duplicate employee record 546
- Pensions Regulator 446
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 407
- Sage Vat return box 2 312
- Sanzar 308
- Digital marketing focus group 292
- Portia ... Where art thou 289
- How do you do it 283
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 262