Am I being thick ??????
After several phone calls to different technical support advisors I am beginning to think I am on a different planet as the two common factors (see below) in question will be applicable to 000's of clients and so must have been addressed by Sage ??
Two factors :
1) registered in the Construction Industry Scheme under net status i.e. 20% deduction
2) VAT cash accounting
Where VAT cash accounting is used, Sage will not allow invoices and credit notes to be allocated to each other unless they are posted with the SAME VAT code.
I am needing an easy solution that is manageable by the client and not an accountant !!
Basically the client needs to account for the 20% CIS that their customer will deduct from the payment.
Under standard VAT accounting this wouldn't be a problem because you could raise a sales invoice with a T1 VAT code and then raise a credit note for the CIS tax with a T9 VAT code. But under VAT cash accounting Sage will not allow the invoice and credit to be allocated because of the different VAT codes.
So then I was told that the workaround was to post a customer receipt for the full amount and then post a bank payment for the CIS tax.
The problem with this is that you send the customer a sales invoice with no record of the CIS tax deduction that they have to make and so you can guarantee that because of this some customers will incorrectly pay the full invoice amount without deducting the CIS tax.
Having then spoken to the report designer team I was told that they had never had this query raised previously.
So can someone please confirm that my client is the ONLY Sage customer operating VAT cash accounting in the Construction Industry Scheme !!!!
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 177 5
- dreaded p11d dispensation 113 5
- What should I do for 'free' 677 8
- Would Director's dividends on non-voting C shares risk being classed as "earnings" for NIC purposes? 258 2
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 290 8
- Accounting for share for share 42 3
- Sportman claiming for training kit 58 2
- Use of home for storage 371 7
- Payroll YTD info on Operaii 102 1
- Company Accounts 297 6
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,451 349
- disclosue checklist 83 2
- Mortgage deposit Gift 539 25
- Complicated freehold purchase and CA 64 1
- FIFA game and making money 1,458 13
- Getting VAT right for a sole trader pilot 220 7
- UTR reallocated by HMRC 221 2
- Current Asset Investment 157 4
- corp tax software 104 2
- Were you asked to pay to sign off your ACCA PCTR by your Principle? 267 3
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,194
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 411
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 316
- National Insurance 312
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 263
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 240
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 237
- Non Resident 228
- Franchise income and costs 209
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 193