Am I being thick ??????
After several phone calls to different technical support advisors I am beginning to think I am on a different planet as the two common factors (see below) in question will be applicable to 000's of clients and so must have been addressed by Sage ??
Two factors :
1) registered in the Construction Industry Scheme under net status i.e. 20% deduction
2) VAT cash accounting
Where VAT cash accounting is used, Sage will not allow invoices and credit notes to be allocated to each other unless they are posted with the SAME VAT code.
I am needing an easy solution that is manageable by the client and not an accountant !!
Basically the client needs to account for the 20% CIS that their customer will deduct from the payment.
Under standard VAT accounting this wouldn't be a problem because you could raise a sales invoice with a T1 VAT code and then raise a credit note for the CIS tax with a T9 VAT code. But under VAT cash accounting Sage will not allow the invoice and credit to be allocated because of the different VAT codes.
So then I was told that the workaround was to post a customer receipt for the full amount and then post a bank payment for the CIS tax.
The problem with this is that you send the customer a sales invoice with no record of the CIS tax deduction that they have to make and so you can guarantee that because of this some customers will incorrectly pay the full invoice amount without deducting the CIS tax.
Having then spoken to the report designer team I was told that they had never had this query raised previously.
So can someone please confirm that my client is the ONLY Sage customer operating VAT cash accounting in the Construction Industry Scheme !!!!
- Tax Return Deadlines 152 3
- Foreign income for self employed 97 1
- tax credits 43 4
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there....accountants need to help other accountants out :) 427 18
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 35 1
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 588 18
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 105 5
- Sage help...written off bad debt, done year end now bad payer wants to start to pay 33 2
- Who owns SAGE Data? 478 10
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 193 1
- EC VAT 220 10
- Land Opt to Tax - VAT scope 204 7
- Musician deductible expenses 85 1
- Invoice or journal for inter-company transactions 95 1
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 279 8
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 536 11
- Flat rate vat error 340 7
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 539 13
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 292 14
- can I claim a per diem 278 5
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 848
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 510
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 323
- How to format a stock book 294
- Tax efficient holding company structure 235
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 231
- Investment property company accounts template 220
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 215
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 182
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 151