Am I being thick ??????
After several phone calls to different technical support advisors I am beginning to think I am on a different planet as the two common factors (see below) in question will be applicable to 000's of clients and so must have been addressed by Sage ??
Two factors :
1) registered in the Construction Industry Scheme under net status i.e. 20% deduction
2) VAT cash accounting
Where VAT cash accounting is used, Sage will not allow invoices and credit notes to be allocated to each other unless they are posted with the SAME VAT code.
I am needing an easy solution that is manageable by the client and not an accountant !!
Basically the client needs to account for the 20% CIS that their customer will deduct from the payment.
Under standard VAT accounting this wouldn't be a problem because you could raise a sales invoice with a T1 VAT code and then raise a credit note for the CIS tax with a T9 VAT code. But under VAT cash accounting Sage will not allow the invoice and credit to be allocated because of the different VAT codes.
So then I was told that the workaround was to post a customer receipt for the full amount and then post a bank payment for the CIS tax.
The problem with this is that you send the customer a sales invoice with no record of the CIS tax deduction that they have to make and so you can guarantee that because of this some customers will incorrectly pay the full invoice amount without deducting the CIS tax.
Having then spoken to the report designer team I was told that they had never had this query raised previously.
So can someone please confirm that my client is the ONLY Sage customer operating VAT cash accounting in the Construction Industry Scheme !!!!
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,650 45
- Undisclosed income 100 2
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 211 3
- Private Investment Company 122 1
- How familiar are accountants with community interest companies? 71 1
- New company - form a group? 188 3
- Small company audit 120 1
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 277 7
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 787 17
- CIC Company 415 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,688 57
- Is this a scam? 793 8
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 149 1
- Employment allowance (again) :( 355 2
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 258 5
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 195 4
- PITA client 275 3
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 384 9
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,340 33
- Dividend dates 494 8
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 601
- Cancelled 350
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 335
- Cancelled 287
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 258
- Probiz 246
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 200
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 186
- Car leasing scheme 183
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 170