Am I being thick ??????
After several phone calls to different technical support advisors I am beginning to think I am on a different planet as the two common factors (see below) in question will be applicable to 000's of clients and so must have been addressed by Sage ??
Two factors :
1) registered in the Construction Industry Scheme under net status i.e. 20% deduction
2) VAT cash accounting
Where VAT cash accounting is used, Sage will not allow invoices and credit notes to be allocated to each other unless they are posted with the SAME VAT code.
I am needing an easy solution that is manageable by the client and not an accountant !!
Basically the client needs to account for the 20% CIS that their customer will deduct from the payment.
Under standard VAT accounting this wouldn't be a problem because you could raise a sales invoice with a T1 VAT code and then raise a credit note for the CIS tax with a T9 VAT code. But under VAT cash accounting Sage will not allow the invoice and credit to be allocated because of the different VAT codes.
So then I was told that the workaround was to post a customer receipt for the full amount and then post a bank payment for the CIS tax.
The problem with this is that you send the customer a sales invoice with no record of the CIS tax deduction that they have to make and so you can guarantee that because of this some customers will incorrectly pay the full invoice amount without deducting the CIS tax.
Having then spoken to the report designer team I was told that they had never had this query raised previously.
So can someone please confirm that my client is the ONLY Sage customer operating VAT cash accounting in the Construction Industry Scheme !!!!
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 225 7
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 1,442 18
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 153 8
- Accounting for a finance lease 80 3
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,516 39
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 36 2
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 58 1
- Moneysoft Payroll Windows 8.1 Woes - Help! 1,015 18
- SA302's anyone?? 448 15
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 673 23
- Deed of variation on a will & effect on tax returns 89 2
- Renting for military reasons 94 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 95 1
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 213 3
- do i pay vat when buying a business 478 25
- Auto enrolment for one or two director companies 1,967 30
- Tax status of prizes 303 17
- Clogged Losses 241 4
- Import Sales Invoices into Sage Instant 303 5
- Are Sage finally getting it's act together? 250 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,612
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 893
- International interest certificate 503
- NOVA 366
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 276
- Bonus Bonds 257
- Management expenses for investment company 256
- Help with tax codes on Sage 204
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 168
- tax on apprenticeship income 160