Am I being thick ??????
After several phone calls to different technical support advisors I am beginning to think I am on a different planet as the two common factors (see below) in question will be applicable to 000's of clients and so must have been addressed by Sage ??
Two factors :
1) registered in the Construction Industry Scheme under net status i.e. 20% deduction
2) VAT cash accounting
Where VAT cash accounting is used, Sage will not allow invoices and credit notes to be allocated to each other unless they are posted with the SAME VAT code.
I am needing an easy solution that is manageable by the client and not an accountant !!
Basically the client needs to account for the 20% CIS that their customer will deduct from the payment.
Under standard VAT accounting this wouldn't be a problem because you could raise a sales invoice with a T1 VAT code and then raise a credit note for the CIS tax with a T9 VAT code. But under VAT cash accounting Sage will not allow the invoice and credit to be allocated because of the different VAT codes.
So then I was told that the workaround was to post a customer receipt for the full amount and then post a bank payment for the CIS tax.
The problem with this is that you send the customer a sales invoice with no record of the CIS tax deduction that they have to make and so you can guarantee that because of this some customers will incorrectly pay the full invoice amount without deducting the CIS tax.
Having then spoken to the report designer team I was told that they had never had this query raised previously.
So can someone please confirm that my client is the ONLY Sage customer operating VAT cash accounting in the Construction Industry Scheme !!!!
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 13 1
- What is the reasoning behind HMRC letter re high income child benefit charge? 986 16
- Tax return to date of death/R27 84 2
- Gross Profit Percentage 435 10
- Preparing a consolidated TB 268 7
- does a hybrid car with CO2 92g/km bought April 2014 460 5
- How to deal with a prior year CT adjustment 237 8
- Companies House 358 7
- Medical benefit on low paid wife of director? 115 5
- Date of acquisition for capital allowances 123 1
- Can I use the approved mileage rates in a Limited Company? 97 2
- Is there anything I should know about Northern Irish companies? 229 6
- can a CGT transfer be legally cancelled in the future if 255 8
- Self employment trap - pension 432 5
- Awkward IP 701 10
- Prepare for Chaos 494 5
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 2,728 69
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 213 3
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,683 29
- Simple Ltd company accounts service 616 14
- CTA study material 611
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 374
- Employment related securities question 231
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 204
- ATED Penalties 197
- AIM Stocks and IHT 180
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 141
- Expat pension contributions? 136
- Trust for Employee 131
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 122