Am I being thick ??????
After several phone calls to different technical support advisors I am beginning to think I am on a different planet as the two common factors (see below) in question will be applicable to 000's of clients and so must have been addressed by Sage ??
Two factors :
1) registered in the Construction Industry Scheme under net status i.e. 20% deduction
2) VAT cash accounting
Where VAT cash accounting is used, Sage will not allow invoices and credit notes to be allocated to each other unless they are posted with the SAME VAT code.
I am needing an easy solution that is manageable by the client and not an accountant !!
Basically the client needs to account for the 20% CIS that their customer will deduct from the payment.
Under standard VAT accounting this wouldn't be a problem because you could raise a sales invoice with a T1 VAT code and then raise a credit note for the CIS tax with a T9 VAT code. But under VAT cash accounting Sage will not allow the invoice and credit to be allocated because of the different VAT codes.
So then I was told that the workaround was to post a customer receipt for the full amount and then post a bank payment for the CIS tax.
The problem with this is that you send the customer a sales invoice with no record of the CIS tax deduction that they have to make and so you can guarantee that because of this some customers will incorrectly pay the full invoice amount without deducting the CIS tax.
Having then spoken to the report designer team I was told that they had never had this query raised previously.
So can someone please confirm that my client is the ONLY Sage customer operating VAT cash accounting in the Construction Industry Scheme !!!!
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 289 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 181 4
- SA302 309 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 282 13
- Bringing money to Uk 262 4
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 272 5
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 198 4
- Go Cardless 342 9
- Hmrc software 238 3
- Mehjoo 279 1
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 134 1
- Hosted email exchange 179 5
- South African Government Pension 183 1
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 309 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 313 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 248 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 154 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 294 7
- New Email Extensions 213 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 329 2
- Xtuple 513
- Qtac payroll for bureau 352
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 297
- Industrial & Provident Societies 288
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 228
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 189
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 189
- Domain name sale and limited company 173
- CIS schemes 171
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 148