Amortisation not previously claimed as a tax-allowable item
A colleague referred a query to me.
He's interviewed a new potential client who incorporated his sole trader business in 2008, having started up in business in 2004.
His current adviser had added back amortisation expenses on the goodwill in the company tax computations, presumably not realising it would have been tax-allowable.
The query is whether the unclaimed amortisation in 2008 and 2009 could be set off against the 2010 tax charge or whether amended returns would have needed to have been submitted.
If the set-off is possible for 2010, what would be the most appropriate way of presenting the charge on the CT600 and accompanying tax comp?
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,196 17
- Clothing 526 14
- Anybody still doing returns? 747 31
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 159 5
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 173 7
- Parent and subsidiary... 98 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 351 16
- Designated sole Residence 150 2
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 723 15
- Anyone know what this is? 257 6
- HMRC filing meltdown? 903 27
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 524 7
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 272 9
- no utr 296 8
- client can't/won't pay 2,133 49
- Director drawings 609 32
- Tax Returns for non residents 296 2
- Investment properties/freehold land 91 1
- Capital Loss 137 3
- LLP formed in 2013 107 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 954
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 677
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 623
- Latest phishing scam 598
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 437
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 326
- Scratch Head 265
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 256
- Sabbatical payments 218
- Negligible Value Claim 197