Amortisation not previously claimed as a tax-allowable item
A colleague referred a query to me.
He's interviewed a new potential client who incorporated his sole trader business in 2008, having started up in business in 2004.
His current adviser had added back amortisation expenses on the goodwill in the company tax computations, presumably not realising it would have been tax-allowable.
The query is whether the unclaimed amortisation in 2008 and 2009 could be set off against the 2010 tax charge or whether amended returns would have needed to have been submitted.
If the set-off is possible for 2010, what would be the most appropriate way of presenting the charge on the CT600 and accompanying tax comp?
- Cash in Hand 167 3
- Buy to let and capitak gain 190 5
- are receipts needed? 635 17
- SA302's anyone?? 621 18
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 334 8
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 142 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 357 12
- Busines software 173 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 206 6
- Converting a barn for business use 189 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 318 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 324 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 494 10
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 332 3
- Bookkeping software 734 7
- Clogged Losses 286 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 283 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 668 10
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 278 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 133 1
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 910
- International interest certificate 522
- NOVA 373
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 331
- Management expenses for investment company 276
- Bonus Bonds 273
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 186
- P11D benefit received by widow 167
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 165
- EXACT ONLINE 163