Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) and Selling an Asset
I've got a couple of examples and a few questions, if any one can answer them it would be a great help. Thank you.
Example A: I filled in my first self-assessment tax return last year (2009/2010) and had an Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) of £500 for a computer. This tax year (2010/2011) I sold the computer for £300.
Question 1: Do I put the £300 down as a Capital Allowance this tax year? And put the difference of £200 as a Balancing Charge?
Question 2: Does any Balancing Charge add to my taxable income?
Question 3: How do I go about invoicing this? Do I invoice regularly as a sales invoice or do I need to draw up an Asset Purchase Agreement (I read about that somewhere!)?
Example B: I filled in my first self-assessment tax return last year (2009/2010) and had an Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) of £100 for a hard drive. This tax year (2010/2011) the hard drive broke and went in the bin.
Question 1: Do I put a Balancing Charge of £100 down for this tax year?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 236 5
- See you all on the other side 443 6
- 12Pay 187 2
- dividends 223 2
- R&D 177 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,029 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 319 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 224 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 167 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 411 5
- Seeking a tax case 424 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 296 4
- Companies house strike off 247 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 209 2
- Moving to the cloud 653 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 172 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 784 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 164 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,009 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 365 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 527
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 399
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 356
- IRIS and FRS 102 333
- Capitalising Finance Lease 294
- USA help 292
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 255
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 252
- Capital gains on rental property 233
- Sage Coretime 219