Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) and Selling an Asset
I've got a couple of examples and a few questions, if any one can answer them it would be a great help. Thank you.
Example A: I filled in my first self-assessment tax return last year (2009/2010) and had an Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) of £500 for a computer. This tax year (2010/2011) I sold the computer for £300.
Question 1: Do I put the £300 down as a Capital Allowance this tax year? And put the difference of £200 as a Balancing Charge?
Question 2: Does any Balancing Charge add to my taxable income?
Question 3: How do I go about invoicing this? Do I invoice regularly as a sales invoice or do I need to draw up an Asset Purchase Agreement (I read about that somewhere!)?
Example B: I filled in my first self-assessment tax return last year (2009/2010) and had an Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) of £100 for a hard drive. This tax year (2010/2011) the hard drive broke and went in the bin.
Question 1: Do I put a Balancing Charge of £100 down for this tax year?
- PPR election - what do you think? 214 7
- Starting an accountancy practice for bachelors? 92 3
- Comments on this scenario 104 2
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,631 67
- Penalties 110 1
- SAGE con 219 4
- rates of pay query 216 3
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 84 2
- Recommendation for a good website on exchange rate forecast 138 10
- Pension contributions higher rate extension? 196 1
- Trading Structure / Illegal Trading 104 1
- Overpayment relief claim 153 5
- Charity reserves 130 3
- Have i messed up? 668 10
- Year end 361 4
- Test purchases in VAT enquiries 220 3
- Related Parties Note 419 9
- Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) 105 1
- Where can I get Quickbooks help 129 4
- loss on carbon credits 110 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,012
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 549
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 362
- Tax efficient holding company structure 288
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 276
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 214
- Charge out rates in London? 210
- Personal consumption by landlord 183
- Interest on Loan to a Company 174
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 150