Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) and Selling an Asset
I've got a couple of examples and a few questions, if any one can answer them it would be a great help. Thank you.
Example A: I filled in my first self-assessment tax return last year (2009/2010) and had an Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) of £500 for a computer. This tax year (2010/2011) I sold the computer for £300.
Question 1: Do I put the £300 down as a Capital Allowance this tax year? And put the difference of £200 as a Balancing Charge?
Question 2: Does any Balancing Charge add to my taxable income?
Question 3: How do I go about invoicing this? Do I invoice regularly as a sales invoice or do I need to draw up an Asset Purchase Agreement (I read about that somewhere!)?
Example B: I filled in my first self-assessment tax return last year (2009/2010) and had an Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) of £100 for a hard drive. This tax year (2010/2011) the hard drive broke and went in the bin.
Question 1: Do I put a Balancing Charge of £100 down for this tax year?
- Do you design it or pick what's out there? 274 7
- Vat on sales invoice which includes expenses 79 1
- RTI Filing 1,260 21
- Shareholder Loan write off 500 23
- Loan to a participator 126 4
- Unknown cash receipt 1,126 10
- Does unpaid share capital attract s455 liability? 348 7
- Import VAT can be set off against output VAT liability or not 97 3
- RTI "Reason for submission being late" 217 2
- £2000 Employment Allowance 118 1
- Staff entertaining or not? 339 4
- First RTI P45 204 3
- Shouldn't have filed accounts? 141 2
- Non resident director pay 125 2
- Capital allowances 107 1
- Company Takeover Accounting policies 90 3
- Can Final Dividend be approved by Shareholders on draft accounts 218 3
- Cash flow 88 1
- How best to own a 4-way property partnership 162 2
- Employment Allowance Self employed and Company 187 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 711
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 482
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 315
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 296
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 250
- growth voucher supplier 227
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 191
- VAT on Gaming Machines 183
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 161
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 160