Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) and Selling an Asset
I've got a couple of examples and a few questions, if any one can answer them it would be a great help. Thank you.
Example A: I filled in my first self-assessment tax return last year (2009/2010) and had an Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) of £500 for a computer. This tax year (2010/2011) I sold the computer for £300.
Question 1: Do I put the £300 down as a Capital Allowance this tax year? And put the difference of £200 as a Balancing Charge?
Question 2: Does any Balancing Charge add to my taxable income?
Question 3: How do I go about invoicing this? Do I invoice regularly as a sales invoice or do I need to draw up an Asset Purchase Agreement (I read about that somewhere!)?
Example B: I filled in my first self-assessment tax return last year (2009/2010) and had an Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) of £100 for a hard drive. This tax year (2010/2011) the hard drive broke and went in the bin.
Question 1: Do I put a Balancing Charge of £100 down for this tax year?
- Tax treatment of gift of expensive watch 505 11
- 2 companies, one payroll 214 8
- The importance of Grammar 1,853 55
- Can you have two types of sales? Sales with VAT and Sale without VAT? 107 1
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 598 12
- Freelance/Employee 403 10
- Freehold management company 149 3
- Finding mobile numbers for clients we have lost contact with 242 3
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 216 6
- System selection 234 3
- Student Loan Box in Year Repaid 130 1
- Director Liability 134 2
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 168 4
- How do I answer a W-8BEN-E question (USA IRS) 387 4
- exemptions from CIS 264 6
- Directors exempt from AE? 586 10
- Xero Pain Points 659 20
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 284 13
- Client Require Tax Return and Profit and Loss for Housing Benefit claim 264 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,711 56
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 393
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 357
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 338
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 319
- Electric Car 267
- S222 Charge 231
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 230
- Company Structure 208
- Travel and Subsistence Expenses 174
- IP trans to holding company 169