Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) and Selling an Asset
I've got a couple of examples and a few questions, if any one can answer them it would be a great help. Thank you.
Example A: I filled in my first self-assessment tax return last year (2009/2010) and had an Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) of £500 for a computer. This tax year (2010/2011) I sold the computer for £300.
Question 1: Do I put the £300 down as a Capital Allowance this tax year? And put the difference of £200 as a Balancing Charge?
Question 2: Does any Balancing Charge add to my taxable income?
Question 3: How do I go about invoicing this? Do I invoice regularly as a sales invoice or do I need to draw up an Asset Purchase Agreement (I read about that somewhere!)?
Example B: I filled in my first self-assessment tax return last year (2009/2010) and had an Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) of £100 for a hard drive. This tax year (2010/2011) the hard drive broke and went in the bin.
Question 1: Do I put a Balancing Charge of £100 down for this tax year?
- Capital Gain? 414 11
- IHT Query 73 2
- Reversing out RTI 125 5
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 299 9
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 857 22
- Gift or Capital Gain? 306 8
- Sage instant bank rec - is it possible to clear past transactions and reconcile from a given month? 275 6
- BrightPay 618 18
- Classic cars investment 244 7
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 240 3
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 326 7
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 352 7
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 275 9
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 277 2
- H&W company 259 3
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 214 3
- tax teatment of index linked mortgage repayment 176 2
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 200 1
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 812 32
- VAT silly question 2,418 56
- Benchmarking 498
- Possible Partnership? 445
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 416
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 416
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 362
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 217
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 213
- Clubs and Taxable Income 205
- Income tax on foreign dividends 196
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 190