Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) and Selling an Asset
I've got a couple of examples and a few questions, if any one can answer them it would be a great help. Thank you.
Example A: I filled in my first self-assessment tax return last year (2009/2010) and had an Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) of £500 for a computer. This tax year (2010/2011) I sold the computer for £300.
Question 1: Do I put the £300 down as a Capital Allowance this tax year? And put the difference of £200 as a Balancing Charge?
Question 2: Does any Balancing Charge add to my taxable income?
Question 3: How do I go about invoicing this? Do I invoice regularly as a sales invoice or do I need to draw up an Asset Purchase Agreement (I read about that somewhere!)?
Example B: I filled in my first self-assessment tax return last year (2009/2010) and had an Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) of £100 for a hard drive. This tax year (2010/2011) the hard drive broke and went in the bin.
Question 1: Do I put a Balancing Charge of £100 down for this tax year?
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,177 47
- What happens to the director's loan if the company was to go into liquidation? 35 1
- Telephone call from "Xero" 425 5
- Error on SA Tax Return 118 3
- dividend 166 10
- Purchase of shares in a Limited Company 125 5
- Repairs or Improvement? 254 5
- Credit Card Payment - What are we required to do? 178 3
- Irish Taxation 143 4
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 314 2
- Self assessment tax arrears 515 6
- Drector renting room to company 96 1
- Off site storage 158 5
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 600 6
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 252 7
- Industrial & Provident Societies 350 1
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 241 3
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 334 4
- Self assesment losses 324 8
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 176 3
- Xtuple 567
- Qtac payroll for bureau 388
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 343
- Domain name sale and limited company 233
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 212
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 210
- Investment 206
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 183
- Tax on damages received 182
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 152