Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) and Selling an Asset
I've got a couple of examples and a few questions, if any one can answer them it would be a great help. Thank you.
Example A: I filled in my first self-assessment tax return last year (2009/2010) and had an Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) of £500 for a computer. This tax year (2010/2011) I sold the computer for £300.
Question 1: Do I put the £300 down as a Capital Allowance this tax year? And put the difference of £200 as a Balancing Charge?
Question 2: Does any Balancing Charge add to my taxable income?
Question 3: How do I go about invoicing this? Do I invoice regularly as a sales invoice or do I need to draw up an Asset Purchase Agreement (I read about that somewhere!)?
Example B: I filled in my first self-assessment tax return last year (2009/2010) and had an Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) of £100 for a hard drive. This tax year (2010/2011) the hard drive broke and went in the bin.
Question 1: Do I put a Balancing Charge of £100 down for this tax year?
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,968 45
- Love is in the air 189 3
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,658 20
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 239 8
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 357 8
- Reimbursing director travel costs 388 5
- Client Paperwork Retention? 491 11
- Sage 50 VAT Return 140 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 516 1
- Paying Son 635 18
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 340 7
- HMRC accounting 268 3
- Employers NI allowance 447 6
- Dividend taxation 266 3
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 176 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 182 2
- Tax Overlap Reporting 162 3
- Buy to Let Property! Shell I buy or not? 448 4
- iris update 11.9.2 449 7
- HMRC Discovery powers 280 3
- DTA tie-breaker issue 294
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 274
- CGT for NOn UK residents 273
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 260
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 243
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 233
- Apprenticeship Levy 231
- Capital Gains personal representatives 215
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 208
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 186