Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) and Selling an Asset
I've got a couple of examples and a few questions, if any one can answer them it would be a great help. Thank you.
Example A: I filled in my first self-assessment tax return last year (2009/2010) and had an Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) of £500 for a computer. This tax year (2010/2011) I sold the computer for £300.
Question 1: Do I put the £300 down as a Capital Allowance this tax year? And put the difference of £200 as a Balancing Charge?
Question 2: Does any Balancing Charge add to my taxable income?
Question 3: How do I go about invoicing this? Do I invoice regularly as a sales invoice or do I need to draw up an Asset Purchase Agreement (I read about that somewhere!)?
Example B: I filled in my first self-assessment tax return last year (2009/2010) and had an Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) of £100 for a hard drive. This tax year (2010/2011) the hard drive broke and went in the bin.
Question 1: Do I put a Balancing Charge of £100 down for this tax year?
- Pratice Management Software 162 3
- Use of home query 90 2
- IT advisory questions? 260 7
- signature required 543 22
- How can I deal with an unethical accountant? 256 6
- Error in audited accounts 106 1
- Vat registration exception 201 3
- CIS software 95 2
- Homing sandwiches 477 11
- CT600 131 3
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 186 7
- Settlement discount 153 4
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 519 9
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 192 5
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 176 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 137 2
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 221 10
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 140 1
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 192 2
- Related Party Transactions 132 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,252
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 821
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 525
- Digita Hosted Software 341
- Credit where credit's due....... 318
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 244
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 202
- TheTax Donut 185
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 166
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 165