Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) and Selling an Asset
I've got a couple of examples and a few questions, if any one can answer them it would be a great help. Thank you.
Example A: I filled in my first self-assessment tax return last year (2009/2010) and had an Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) of £500 for a computer. This tax year (2010/2011) I sold the computer for £300.
Question 1: Do I put the £300 down as a Capital Allowance this tax year? And put the difference of £200 as a Balancing Charge?
Question 2: Does any Balancing Charge add to my taxable income?
Question 3: How do I go about invoicing this? Do I invoice regularly as a sales invoice or do I need to draw up an Asset Purchase Agreement (I read about that somewhere!)?
Example B: I filled in my first self-assessment tax return last year (2009/2010) and had an Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) of £100 for a hard drive. This tax year (2010/2011) the hard drive broke and went in the bin.
Question 1: Do I put a Balancing Charge of £100 down for this tax year?
- R&D tax credit claim 269 7
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 608 10
- One off meeting new client 1,145 10
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 1,177 20
- Child tax credits 108 2
- Deaf clients 591 6
- rental income since 2003 97 1
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,672 29
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 401 10
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,238 54
- PITA client 413 4
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 540 12
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 86 1
- Estate agent and VAT registration 233 4
- Sole-trader renting commmercial property from himself & spouse. 223 4
- Peer to Peer lending 1,075 8
- Small company audit 347 9
- Should VAT be charged when land is transferred as part of a TOGC 122 2
- CIC Company 505 6
- Sage Starting Again As Records are in a mess 277 4
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 612
- Cancelled 358
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 339
- Cancelled 292
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 269
- Probiz 259
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 216
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 204
- Car leasing scheme 193
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 192