Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) and Selling an Asset
I've got a couple of examples and a few questions, if any one can answer them it would be a great help. Thank you.
Example A: I filled in my first self-assessment tax return last year (2009/2010) and had an Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) of £500 for a computer. This tax year (2010/2011) I sold the computer for £300.
Question 1: Do I put the £300 down as a Capital Allowance this tax year? And put the difference of £200 as a Balancing Charge?
Question 2: Does any Balancing Charge add to my taxable income?
Question 3: How do I go about invoicing this? Do I invoice regularly as a sales invoice or do I need to draw up an Asset Purchase Agreement (I read about that somewhere!)?
Example B: I filled in my first self-assessment tax return last year (2009/2010) and had an Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) of £100 for a hard drive. This tax year (2010/2011) the hard drive broke and went in the bin.
Question 1: Do I put a Balancing Charge of £100 down for this tax year?
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 255 4
- VT Final Accounts puts "Cost of Sales - Carriage" and "Cost of Sales - Other Costs" into "Other Costs". Is that compulsory? It seems mad. 140 3
- What do you all do in your spare time? 486 23
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 265 5
- Partial PPR relief to non-resident after 05 Apr 2015 139 1
- Accounting Package for Projects 56 2
- Purchased Goodwill 46 1
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 66 1
- Are accountants keeping up with the pace of change? 161 4
- Recruitment agencies 570 1
- Do you charge fee or % for Successful appeal against HMRC penalties? 506 20
- SAGE 50 PAYROLL YEAR END 190 4
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 257 9
- HMRC RANT!!!! 432 8
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,363 19
- Scams are not always obvious 1,993 33
- Design your ideal tax department 956 21
- Does HMRC penalties apply if directors file 148 2
- VTS or VT Software ???? 115 1
- Limited Companies, Directors Employer Registration P11D 260 10
- New Fangled Penalties 1,071
- Moving away from CCH software 924
- QROP pension input amounts 422
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 369
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 332
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 307
- fraud 257
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 233
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 205
- Construction CIS LLP Company 188