Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) and Selling an Asset
I've got a couple of examples and a few questions, if any one can answer them it would be a great help. Thank you.
Example A: I filled in my first self-assessment tax return last year (2009/2010) and had an Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) of £500 for a computer. This tax year (2010/2011) I sold the computer for £300.
Question 1: Do I put the £300 down as a Capital Allowance this tax year? And put the difference of £200 as a Balancing Charge?
Question 2: Does any Balancing Charge add to my taxable income?
Question 3: How do I go about invoicing this? Do I invoice regularly as a sales invoice or do I need to draw up an Asset Purchase Agreement (I read about that somewhere!)?
Example B: I filled in my first self-assessment tax return last year (2009/2010) and had an Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) of £100 for a hard drive. This tax year (2010/2011) the hard drive broke and went in the bin.
Question 1: Do I put a Balancing Charge of £100 down for this tax year?
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 343 4
- What is the best, tax efficient way to sell 40% shares in your start-up business for approx £1m 321 4
- Direct Debit - no receipts 283 5
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,945 449
- What is the role of an accountant? 1,762 23
- VAT and gap in trading of uncertain length 130 1
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,724 10
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 554 9
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 314 6
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,340 63
- Freehold or Investment Property 109 1
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 859 8
- capital gains on PPR 287 14
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 383 14
- Claiming depreciation on a company vehicle 250 7
- Company expansion 136 1
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 403 6
- Pension Contributions Relief 516 15
- 100% Xero practice 2,491 46
- Fees for Property Tax Return 294 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,321
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 482
- National Insurance 374
- Non Resident 298
- Franchise income and costs 265
- Hands on experience of Digita 218
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 192
- Employer's Helpline 168
- employment capital allowances 165
- CIS paid under reg 9 160