Any of your SMEs going for and getting bank finance?
One of my clients was contacted by their new "customer relationship manager" and they popped along to meet him, which was a result as they hadn't realised there had been 2 before him who had never "related".
The business is now 3 times the size it was when it was setup 5 years ago and they have struggled with the £XXK overdraft facility agreed at the time because, even though profitable, the peaks & troughs of cashflow are now so much wider. The manager understood but could do nothing, wouldn't hear of upping the facility and when longer term finance was mentioned for planned expansion, he just talked about the problems & risks and then said that he could probably get a £50K loan agreed but only if the client could put up £50K themselves....Duh!
My client made the comment I have oft quoted over recent years, what are banks there for?
There's mention today of how the banks are falling behind their promise to provide finance http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13494103 and, as always, they quote low demand as being the reason why they are not pushing more money out there but, in the case of my clients, the bank is the last place they will look to get finance, you can only be turned down so many times.
Any others with similar experience?
- Am i Liable? 193 6
- directors overdrawn loan account 87 1
- Does buying a block of fees qualify as goodwill 111 1
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 210 10
- Incorrect Generic non-filing notice 94 1
- Added years superannuation 74 2
- Giving a seminar 541 30
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 203 1
- JIEB Exams 141 1
- RTI 110 1
- Christmas party 125 1
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 753 10
- Checking a contract 300 8
- Flat Rate Scheme 313 15
- Altered PAYE cheque 243 5
- deleting customers on Sage 50 165 7
- VAT on garage rent 330 14
- Value-shifting 87 1
- Pattern for CTA 213 4
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 459 18
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,221
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 609
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 410
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 316
- Alphabet shares 192
- Agent fees to sell business 190
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 188
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 183
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 167
- Office recharges 150