Anyone interested in joining an iXBRL discussion group?
The news coverage is surging and getting more frenzied the closer we get to the 1 April efiling deadline when it will become mandatory to submit electronic accounts in iXBRL format alongside CT600 returns and computations.
We've been cover the subject of XBRL and iXBRL on AccountingWEB for several years now and I was wondering if it's just a short-term panic, or whether some members would like to explore the technology and issues more deeply.
As chance would have it, I also discovered today that Cantankerous had similar ideas and now participates in the iXBRLforum.com. It's still relatively new, but does pretty much what I had in mind for AccountingWEB. Is there any point in having two such similar groups ploughing the same territory, or would members prefer to conduct their iXBRL conversations here on AccountingWEB?
I'll see what responses we get here (if any) before deciding which option to choose.
- coding underpayments 38 2
- Property issues (tax) 116 3
- Small private limited company 59 2
- Snotty HMRC letter - result 474 6
- Sole Trader business bought by a Ltd Company 86 2
- members of a guarantee company 71 1
- On track to get SA tax returns done... 226 9
- SELF EMPLOYED HOME COSTS IF NOT THE HOME OWNER 108 1
- HMRC requesting information 227 3
- RTI 399 18
- Directors undrawn salary 545 22
- Rant (unrelated to accountancy) 886 29
- Sole trader renting property from self and co owner 250 1
- RTI notices 283 8
- Mileage allowance 1,014 7
- EIS - Have I been here before? 115 2
- online 64-8 authorisation 135 1
- Dangerous "HMRC" e .mail 326 3
- HMRC acting illegally re: removing overpayments from the record? 480 5
- Do we need consumer credit license for this 133 1
- confusion about 270
- Competition time! 233
- Maximum AIA Claimable 223
- Alternate 199
- hp versus contract hire versus lease purchase with balloon 198
- Tax treatment of lost partnership capital 178
- Recommend commission tracking software? 162
- VAT on advisory fuel rates 140
- Claiming Employment Expenses 130
- Capital allowance claim 128