Anyone seen this before?
I have a corporate client who in past years has received bank interest net of 20% tax. I'm not sure why this happened as usually companies receive bank interest gross.
However, after asking the bank to start paying the interest gross they have now refunded £4k of tax deducted over the past few years. I do not understand how they can do this as surely the tax is question should have been paid to HMRC by now?
My main problem is how do we show the position on the CT600 as there does not appear to be a box for this scenario and putting a negative figure in the box for tax suffered results in it failing the online submission tests.
My conclusion is to submit the CT600 online ignoring the £4k of tax and to send in a manual amendment to the CT600 to take into account the £4k tax suffered but I would be interested to hear if anyone else has differing views?
- 2 companies, one payroll 213 8
- The importance of Grammar 1,851 55
- Can you have two types of sales? Sales with VAT and Sale without VAT? 104 1
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 597 12
- Freelance/Employee 400 10
- Freehold management company 148 3
- Finding mobile numbers for clients we have lost contact with 238 3
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 216 6
- System selection 233 3
- Student Loan Box in Year Repaid 127 1
- Director Liability 133 2
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 168 4
- How do I answer a W-8BEN-E question (USA IRS) 387 4
- exemptions from CIS 264 6
- Directors exempt from AE? 585 10
- Xero Pain Points 658 20
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 283 13
- Client Require Tax Return and Profit and Loss for Housing Benefit claim 261 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,710 56
- Tax Implications on Child Benefits 408 3
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 393
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 357
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 337
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 319
- Electric Car 267
- S222 Charge 231
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 230
- Company Structure 208
- Travel and Subsistence Expenses 173
- IP trans to holding company 169