Anyone seen this before?
I have a corporate client who in past years has received bank interest net of 20% tax. I'm not sure why this happened as usually companies receive bank interest gross.
However, after asking the bank to start paying the interest gross they have now refunded £4k of tax deducted over the past few years. I do not understand how they can do this as surely the tax is question should have been paid to HMRC by now?
My main problem is how do we show the position on the CT600 as there does not appear to be a box for this scenario and putting a negative figure in the box for tax suffered results in it failing the online submission tests.
My conclusion is to submit the CT600 online ignoring the £4k of tax and to send in a manual amendment to the CT600 to take into account the £4k tax suffered but I would be interested to hear if anyone else has differing views?
- share capital calculation 13 1
- Ltd Company 45 2
- Facebook Management 630 8
- Concerned about RTI 2014 1,862 47
- VAT on part of a closed pub 119 7
- Is all training VATable? 37 1
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 138 5
- HMRC corporation tax software - how to enter negative expense 103 4
- Several employments - large tax bill remaining 153 3
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 63 1
- Flat rate vat error 170 4
- Accountant software 365 10
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 62 1
- Dividend payments to spouses 212 4
- SME Direct Debit 510 10
- Linux Accounting Software 433 10
- Car leasing 335 15
- Tax residence 152 4
- Capitalising Intellectual Property 75 1
- Pension contributions limits 241 10
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 684
- CIS to 5/10/13 and HMRC Computer issue 496
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 462
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 281
- How to format a stock book 247
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 203
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 198
- Tax efficient holding company structure 186
- Investment property company accounts template 179
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 171