Anyone seen this before?
I have a corporate client who in past years has received bank interest net of 20% tax. I'm not sure why this happened as usually companies receive bank interest gross.
However, after asking the bank to start paying the interest gross they have now refunded £4k of tax deducted over the past few years. I do not understand how they can do this as surely the tax is question should have been paid to HMRC by now?
My main problem is how do we show the position on the CT600 as there does not appear to be a box for this scenario and putting a negative figure in the box for tax suffered results in it failing the online submission tests.
My conclusion is to submit the CT600 online ignoring the £4k of tax and to send in a manual amendment to the CT600 to take into account the £4k tax suffered but I would be interested to hear if anyone else has differing views?
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 388 16
- Company separation for Wholesale & Retail businesses 20 1
- Selling a VAT Qualifying vehicle at a loss 18 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 461 15
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 120 5
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 725 11
- Sports Sponsorship 65 1
- New Shareholder and Purchase of Own Share 202 17
- Opt To Tax Refund 201 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 137 6
- Is the CT61 return dead? 1,278 14
- Best software for small practice? 569 19
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,247 21
- HMRC Enquiry 447 2
- Car purchase Lease or Buy 176 7
- Notifying HMRC when striking off company that never traded 282 4
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,441 16
- Long/Short Period of Account 180 3
- Another HMRC Cock Up 772 7
- Directors' advances and credits 349 1
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 763
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 452
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 271
- DTA tie-breaker issue 261
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 244
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 222
- CGT for NOn UK residents 216
- Apprenticeship Levy 195
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 190
- Capital Gains personal representatives 181