Anyone seen this before?
I have a corporate client who in past years has received bank interest net of 20% tax. I'm not sure why this happened as usually companies receive bank interest gross.
However, after asking the bank to start paying the interest gross they have now refunded £4k of tax deducted over the past few years. I do not understand how they can do this as surely the tax is question should have been paid to HMRC by now?
My main problem is how do we show the position on the CT600 as there does not appear to be a box for this scenario and putting a negative figure in the box for tax suffered results in it failing the online submission tests.
My conclusion is to submit the CT600 online ignoring the £4k of tax and to send in a manual amendment to the CT600 to take into account the £4k tax suffered but I would be interested to hear if anyone else has differing views?
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,415 25
- Expenses Apps 255 5
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,679 25
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 538 10
- Errors in prior year accounts 863 23
- What is going on with VAT applications?? 1,991 39
- VAT & capitalising 147 3
- Final year's accounts 173 1
- Do I Need A Balance Sheet? 343 5
- Self Assessment Tax Return Penalties 316 5
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 320 7
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 277 15
- Have we a distribution when we reduced our capital but it hadn't been registered? & tax implications in winding up 158 2
- What are options for non CA firm 1,993 36
- Invoice Help 263 7
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 200 3
- Employee overpaid who has left 269 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 253 3
- Sorry ignore me 928 24
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 608 5
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 626
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 534
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 298
- Cancelled 285
- Cancelled 246
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 195
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 192
- Probiz 180
- Married woman dies owning marital home 174
- What's the market like for temps? 168