Anyone seen this before?
I have a corporate client who in past years has received bank interest net of 20% tax. I'm not sure why this happened as usually companies receive bank interest gross.
However, after asking the bank to start paying the interest gross they have now refunded £4k of tax deducted over the past few years. I do not understand how they can do this as surely the tax is question should have been paid to HMRC by now?
My main problem is how do we show the position on the CT600 as there does not appear to be a box for this scenario and putting a negative figure in the box for tax suffered results in it failing the online submission tests.
My conclusion is to submit the CT600 online ignoring the £4k of tax and to send in a manual amendment to the CT600 to take into account the £4k tax suffered but I would be interested to hear if anyone else has differing views?
- Termination Payment 292 10
- Business lending another business money (UK) 146 4
- Signed accounts for bank 365 8
- flat rate scheme 2,119 40
- How can a childcare facility mitigate vat 66 1
- Landing clients 501 16
- Opening a Quick books file 174 2
- What are my legal responsibilities 483 15
- P11D Benefits - Accountancy fee for Directors personal tax 257 2
- cash the returned VAT cheque 230 1
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 244 1
- Remote subcontractors - due diligence 243 1
- Confict of Interest 343 1
- dividend date - whose income is it? 269 4
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 351 5
- P11d query 285 5
- Rental expenses 131 1
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 164 5
- No more tax returns... 1,569 13
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 439 6