Anyone seen this before?
I have a corporate client who in past years has received bank interest net of 20% tax. I'm not sure why this happened as usually companies receive bank interest gross.
However, after asking the bank to start paying the interest gross they have now refunded £4k of tax deducted over the past few years. I do not understand how they can do this as surely the tax is question should have been paid to HMRC by now?
My main problem is how do we show the position on the CT600 as there does not appear to be a box for this scenario and putting a negative figure in the box for tax suffered results in it failing the online submission tests.
My conclusion is to submit the CT600 online ignoring the £4k of tax and to send in a manual amendment to the CT600 to take into account the £4k tax suffered but I would be interested to hear if anyone else has differing views?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 704 5
- See you all on the other side 732 6
- 12Pay 500 2
- dividends 699 2
- R&D 352 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,209 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 467 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 455 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 404 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 566 5
- Seeking a tax case 672 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 535 4
- Companies house strike off 623 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 467 2
- Moving to the cloud 770 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 224 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 931 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 229 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,110 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 520 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 571
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 424
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 378
- IRIS and FRS 102 361
- Capitalising Finance Lease 339
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 335
- Marginal rates of tax 326
- USA help 326
- Class 2 NI 315
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 302