Anyone seen this before?
I have a corporate client who in past years has received bank interest net of 20% tax. I'm not sure why this happened as usually companies receive bank interest gross.
However, after asking the bank to start paying the interest gross they have now refunded £4k of tax deducted over the past few years. I do not understand how they can do this as surely the tax is question should have been paid to HMRC by now?
My main problem is how do we show the position on the CT600 as there does not appear to be a box for this scenario and putting a negative figure in the box for tax suffered results in it failing the online submission tests.
My conclusion is to submit the CT600 online ignoring the £4k of tax and to send in a manual amendment to the CT600 to take into account the £4k tax suffered but I would be interested to hear if anyone else has differing views?
- Vodaphone Share Scheme 199 2
- Capital allowances on a 3G Pitch 132 7
- Buying a horse?? 119 6
- Audit 288 8
- Awkward IP 1,354 14
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 772 20
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 475 7
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 615 18
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 758 22
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,009 11
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 1,111 12
- LLP members transfer to limited companies. 132 1
- carry back of gift aid 190 3
- Employee to move to Isle of Man 305 8
- What's in a name ? 1,057 8
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 926 10
- Negligible value - JJB Sports 246 1
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 568 11
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 251 3
- Should everyone be entitled to a personal allowance 423 6
- CTA study material 790
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 487
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 431
- Employment related securities question 314
- AIM Stocks and IHT 293
- Expat pension contributions? 272
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 265
- Trust for Employee 249
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 209
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 154