Anyone seen this before?
I have a corporate client who in past years has received bank interest net of 20% tax. I'm not sure why this happened as usually companies receive bank interest gross.
However, after asking the bank to start paying the interest gross they have now refunded £4k of tax deducted over the past few years. I do not understand how they can do this as surely the tax is question should have been paid to HMRC by now?
My main problem is how do we show the position on the CT600 as there does not appear to be a box for this scenario and putting a negative figure in the box for tax suffered results in it failing the online submission tests.
My conclusion is to submit the CT600 online ignoring the £4k of tax and to send in a manual amendment to the CT600 to take into account the £4k tax suffered but I would be interested to hear if anyone else has differing views?
- MS Surface Pro 3 46 1
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 555 19
- Financial statements in Word, with formulas 1,464 17
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 1,053 35
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,197 44
- R&D tax claim 248 7
- You think HMRC are inefficient? 519 9
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 175 7
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 128 2
- Gift to employee 371 12
- Tax Allowance on University Course 154 1
- Transfer of a business 126 1
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,135 22
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 415 8
- VAT Cross Border Invoicing 116 2
- Sage Import Data 312 6
- Slight twist on employment related securities 245 1
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 129 2
- Best time software for small practice? 237 2
- Residents Association Corp Tax 320 13
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 481
- CTA study material 456
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 334
- Pre incorp expenses 313
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 269
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 255
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 207
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 161
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 142
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 135