Anyone seen this before?
I have a corporate client who in past years has received bank interest net of 20% tax. I'm not sure why this happened as usually companies receive bank interest gross.
However, after asking the bank to start paying the interest gross they have now refunded £4k of tax deducted over the past few years. I do not understand how they can do this as surely the tax is question should have been paid to HMRC by now?
My main problem is how do we show the position on the CT600 as there does not appear to be a box for this scenario and putting a negative figure in the box for tax suffered results in it failing the online submission tests.
My conclusion is to submit the CT600 online ignoring the £4k of tax and to send in a manual amendment to the CT600 to take into account the £4k tax suffered but I would be interested to hear if anyone else has differing views?
- Child tax credits 168 4
- transitioning payroll 78 2
- Deduction from Salary 82 4
- Car leasing scheme 204 1
- One off meeting new client 1,309 12
- 12 Pay Problems 137 2
- PITA client 523 8
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 440 11
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 585 15
- Right to waive dividend 101 2
- Employed (by own company) and Self Employed - Tax Efficiency 104 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,428 34
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,732 29
- PPR CGT section 222 builds an extension 135 2
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 347 9
- R&D tax credit claim 297 7
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 670 10
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 1,271 20
- Deaf clients 650 6
- rental income since 2003 136 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 615
- Cancelled 358
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 339
- Cancelled 297
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 271
- Probiz 261
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 224
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 207
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 196
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 162