Anyone seen this before?
I have a corporate client who in past years has received bank interest net of 20% tax. I'm not sure why this happened as usually companies receive bank interest gross.
However, after asking the bank to start paying the interest gross they have now refunded £4k of tax deducted over the past few years. I do not understand how they can do this as surely the tax is question should have been paid to HMRC by now?
My main problem is how do we show the position on the CT600 as there does not appear to be a box for this scenario and putting a negative figure in the box for tax suffered results in it failing the online submission tests.
My conclusion is to submit the CT600 online ignoring the £4k of tax and to send in a manual amendment to the CT600 to take into account the £4k tax suffered but I would be interested to hear if anyone else has differing views?
- Value pricing 2,613 102
- Capital allowance vehicle exchange 118 5
- What is considered an acceptable price for arable farming land 283 6
- Sage Instant Accounts 60 2
- LLP members share of profits 550 31
- VAT Registration 301 4
- VAT Option to tax 412 13
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 134 1
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 171 5
- why prior period posting will be single entry transaction and it wont have any balance transaction 260 4
- husband and wife dividends 357 10
- HMRC request for Sage Back Up 2,165 26
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,182 18
- late vat registration and immediate deregistration 103 2
- Has anyone knowledge of Creditserve 67 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 1,977 15
- Entrepreneurs Relief 159 4
- PPR qualifying period while living in employer accommodation? 95 2
- Business travel apps 150 3
- How often can you change VAT scheme in a year? 98 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 899
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 632
- Free Tax Legislation? 391
- Director Loan account operation 390
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 312
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 311
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 282
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 216
- Paye procedures for CVA 216
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 175