Application of Small Companies Corporation Tax Rate
A client is about to invest in a business and for the purpose will invest via a new company which will acquire the shares of Oldco.
Newco is unlikely to trade but may have some management charges to cover incidental costs within itself.
Will Newco be regarded as carrying on a trade and thus would the Smaller Companies Rate threshold be reduced to £150,000 for both Companies?
If so, would it be preferable to create Management Charges Income into Newco to spread the effects of the shared thresholds?
- AMAP on borrowed car?? 17 1
- Overdrawn directors loans and insolvent winding up 51 2
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 227 7
- Closing down loss-making company 750 15
- Stumped - IHT 569 8
- Can any cloud accounting package cope with operating a Foreign Branch and UK Head Office? 115 1
- S.455 Tax again 406 8
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 477 3
- Entrepreneur relief and deduction of Amortisation of Goodwill Pre2002 376 14
- Tips on meals 515 4
- co-operatives & Societies 99 1
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 702 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 1,199 20
- Xerocon 2016 1,477 40
- Website Content 458 6
- Company restructure - Share valuation, ERS and PAYE 201 3
- Directors in dispute 193 1
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 733 12
- Incorporated company charity 160 2
- property capital gains 359 3