Application of Small Companies Corporation Tax Rate
A client is about to invest in a business and for the purpose will invest via a new company which will acquire the shares of Oldco.
Newco is unlikely to trade but may have some management charges to cover incidental costs within itself.
Will Newco be regarded as carrying on a trade and thus would the Smaller Companies Rate threshold be reduced to £150,000 for both Companies?
If so, would it be preferable to create Management Charges Income into Newco to spread the effects of the shared thresholds?
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,886 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 224 4
- Turnover on a tax return 142 7
- incorrect old p60 383 9
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 223 3
- VAT refund 115 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 195 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 255 3
- Missing tax return 365 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,095 30
- Inflation and fees 1,389 24
- Sage Priority Support 179 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 833 24
- Micro-entity accounts 263 1
- Related party disclosure 222 3
- Company reconstruction 154 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 240 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 162 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 182 1
- Advice please! 428 2