Application for striking off
In the past, when an application for striking off has been made to Companies House, it has been our policy not to prepare statutory accounts for the final period/year as Companies House does not require them and because the date of application falls several months before the accounting reference date.
In such circumstances, we have submitted accurate and detailed management accounts, signed by the directors, to the Revenue in support of the relevant Corporation Tax returns. Sometimes the Revenue accepts these, and sometimes rejects them on the basis that there is no directors' report. We have always re-submitted the management accounts stating that no directors' report is required, and the Revenue has accepted this.
On the most recent occasion, the revenue has insisited on a directors' report. We argued that the nature of a directors' report is that it is prepared only when statutory accounts have been prepared, and as no such accounts have been prepared in this instance, no directors' report exists. The Revenue stated verbally that it also required statutory accounts. We managed to agree with the Revenue to submit some sort of directors' statement containing all the information in a directors' report but not statutory accounts.
The Revenue stated that when online filing is mandatory, statutory accounts will be required or else the Corporation Tax return(s) will be rejected.
What do other firms do in such circumstances, and what are they planning to do when online filing is mandatory please?
- Employment Allowance related companies 76 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 281 15
- Value pricing 560 19
- Fee's for P11D's 256 4
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 374 1
- Childcare Vouchers 161 3
- Quarterly PAYE 162 6
- Audit Report Query 176 5
- Coming in from the cold 185 2
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,290 26
- VAT Query re: Foreign VAT 65 1
- Should design costs be capitalised? 126 3
- Issuing an invoice as an individual (non UK resident) 68 1
- Thats Better 264 6
- reporting salary? 134 2
- apprentices 90 1
- Sage Payroll 254 10
- VAT 145 2
- Belated VAT Exception Application 228 7
- Enforcing A CCJ 257 6
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 764
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 519
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 389
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 273
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 213
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 212
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 195
- Director Loan account operation 194
- vat return 163
- Paye procedures for CVA 150