Application for striking off
In the past, when an application for striking off has been made to Companies House, it has been our policy not to prepare statutory accounts for the final period/year as Companies House does not require them and because the date of application falls several months before the accounting reference date.
In such circumstances, we have submitted accurate and detailed management accounts, signed by the directors, to the Revenue in support of the relevant Corporation Tax returns. Sometimes the Revenue accepts these, and sometimes rejects them on the basis that there is no directors' report. We have always re-submitted the management accounts stating that no directors' report is required, and the Revenue has accepted this.
On the most recent occasion, the revenue has insisited on a directors' report. We argued that the nature of a directors' report is that it is prepared only when statutory accounts have been prepared, and as no such accounts have been prepared in this instance, no directors' report exists. The Revenue stated verbally that it also required statutory accounts. We managed to agree with the Revenue to submit some sort of directors' statement containing all the information in a directors' report but not statutory accounts.
The Revenue stated that when online filing is mandatory, statutory accounts will be required or else the Corporation Tax return(s) will be rejected.
What do other firms do in such circumstances, and what are they planning to do when online filing is mandatory please?
- Ltd company or sole trader 29 1
- Insolvent Liquidation 101 1
- insolvency ip control 152 1
- I know this has been done to death but IRIS / DIGITA / CCH??? 296 3
- Free Agent data? 80 1
- Generic PAYE notices 63 1
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 121 3
- Mature student with NO GCSEs or A levels but with very solid 2:1 degree, needs help? 511 9
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 535 12
- Fee protection 76 1
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 110 3
- What tax rules apply to oversea representative office employees in UK? 71 1
- UK company avoiding tax 178 2
- Finland 72 1
- With or without a practicing certificate 959 20
- Is HMRC iXBRL filing only available for small audit exempt companies 166 4
- What do you class as Research and Development for R&D Tax Relief 505 8
- Looking for free PDF creator 1,195 40
- reconcile Invoice finance bank statement on sage 105 1
- Closing Limited Company 381 10
- Xtuple 480
- Qtac payroll for bureau 323
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 270
- Industrial & Provident Societies 260
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 201
- Mehjoo 198
- Changes in NHS pensions 166
- VAT on commission from Oyster card top up, lottery & paypoint 165
- New strategic report 159
- South African Government Pension 136