Application for striking off
In the past, when an application for striking off has been made to Companies House, it has been our policy not to prepare statutory accounts for the final period/year as Companies House does not require them and because the date of application falls several months before the accounting reference date.
In such circumstances, we have submitted accurate and detailed management accounts, signed by the directors, to the Revenue in support of the relevant Corporation Tax returns. Sometimes the Revenue accepts these, and sometimes rejects them on the basis that there is no directors' report. We have always re-submitted the management accounts stating that no directors' report is required, and the Revenue has accepted this.
On the most recent occasion, the revenue has insisited on a directors' report. We argued that the nature of a directors' report is that it is prepared only when statutory accounts have been prepared, and as no such accounts have been prepared in this instance, no directors' report exists. The Revenue stated verbally that it also required statutory accounts. We managed to agree with the Revenue to submit some sort of directors' statement containing all the information in a directors' report but not statutory accounts.
The Revenue stated that when online filing is mandatory, statutory accounts will be required or else the Corporation Tax return(s) will be rejected.
What do other firms do in such circumstances, and what are they planning to do when online filing is mandatory please?
- How much did you pay for your website 1,384 24
- What would you do in this situation? 547 13
- Help Required 338 10
- Dress code 182 7
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 246 10
- directors control and tax problems 174 5
- Fastest Software 763 13
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 929 28
- What's in a name ? 302 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 233 4
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 425 15
- Bulk Invoicing 170 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 148 3
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 244 2
- ATED Penalties 272 1
- late second payment on account 173 2
- US royalties 96 2
- Project being run jointly 137 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 183 2
- Sole trader mix up 306 4
- CTA study material 703
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 426
- Employment related securities question 268
- AIM Stocks and IHT 246
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 200
- Trust for Employee 187
- Expat pension contributions? 186
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 177
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 158
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 145