Application for striking off
In the past, when an application for striking off has been made to Companies House, it has been our policy not to prepare statutory accounts for the final period/year as Companies House does not require them and because the date of application falls several months before the accounting reference date.
In such circumstances, we have submitted accurate and detailed management accounts, signed by the directors, to the Revenue in support of the relevant Corporation Tax returns. Sometimes the Revenue accepts these, and sometimes rejects them on the basis that there is no directors' report. We have always re-submitted the management accounts stating that no directors' report is required, and the Revenue has accepted this.
On the most recent occasion, the revenue has insisited on a directors' report. We argued that the nature of a directors' report is that it is prepared only when statutory accounts have been prepared, and as no such accounts have been prepared in this instance, no directors' report exists. The Revenue stated verbally that it also required statutory accounts. We managed to agree with the Revenue to submit some sort of directors' statement containing all the information in a directors' report but not statutory accounts.
The Revenue stated that when online filing is mandatory, statutory accounts will be required or else the Corporation Tax return(s) will be rejected.
What do other firms do in such circumstances, and what are they planning to do when online filing is mandatory please?
- EBT via Payroll 119 1
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,189 75
- Worried over stock value 251 5
- anyone using Office365 for practice management 870 24
- Sole Trader using Tax Losses 272 12
- What is Tronk System of payroll ? 121 2
- Tax return filed on time but payment late 196 3
- Company name change question... 173 3
- Writing down allowance / AIA 186 6
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 439 14
- Help needed- Unable to fill CT600 form using HMRC software- service issue 263 4
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,317 23
- how to reduce student loan payments - taxfiler 191 5
- Consolidation IFRS 72 1
- White van man 474 20
- foreign income 133 2
- Window Comb Binder Cover 314 5
- STUDENT LOAN 123 1
- Bookkeeping question 612 6
- wave software 237 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 835
- Copy Wanted 556
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 512
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 491
- Latest phishing scam 354
- Entrepreneurs' relief 331
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 297
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 289
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 283
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 187