Application for striking off
In the past, when an application for striking off has been made to Companies House, it has been our policy not to prepare statutory accounts for the final period/year as Companies House does not require them and because the date of application falls several months before the accounting reference date.
In such circumstances, we have submitted accurate and detailed management accounts, signed by the directors, to the Revenue in support of the relevant Corporation Tax returns. Sometimes the Revenue accepts these, and sometimes rejects them on the basis that there is no directors' report. We have always re-submitted the management accounts stating that no directors' report is required, and the Revenue has accepted this.
On the most recent occasion, the revenue has insisited on a directors' report. We argued that the nature of a directors' report is that it is prepared only when statutory accounts have been prepared, and as no such accounts have been prepared in this instance, no directors' report exists. The Revenue stated verbally that it also required statutory accounts. We managed to agree with the Revenue to submit some sort of directors' statement containing all the information in a directors' report but not statutory accounts.
The Revenue stated that when online filing is mandatory, statutory accounts will be required or else the Corporation Tax return(s) will be rejected.
What do other firms do in such circumstances, and what are they planning to do when online filing is mandatory please?
- Direct debit entry query 89 3
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 689 10
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,065 18
- Client needs a UK tax residency certificate for Spanish tax authorities 20 1
- IT advisory questions? 361 10
- Homing sandwiches 736 16
- Acounting Courses 78 1
- Mileage allowance payment via payroll 90 2
- Can you help me spot errors? 99 1
- signature required 789 30
- Employment Support Allowance 287 6
- Stock Control System for Ecommerce Website 258 2
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 77 1
- When to leave the VAT FRS 130 6
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 211 2
- Use of home query 383 7
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 293 7
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 537 11
- CIS software 195 5
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 157 4
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,285
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 843
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 535
- Digita Hosted Software 349
- Credit where credit's due....... 326
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 250
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 212
- TheTax Donut 208
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 176
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 154