Application for striking off
In the past, when an application for striking off has been made to Companies House, it has been our policy not to prepare statutory accounts for the final period/year as Companies House does not require them and because the date of application falls several months before the accounting reference date.
In such circumstances, we have submitted accurate and detailed management accounts, signed by the directors, to the Revenue in support of the relevant Corporation Tax returns. Sometimes the Revenue accepts these, and sometimes rejects them on the basis that there is no directors' report. We have always re-submitted the management accounts stating that no directors' report is required, and the Revenue has accepted this.
On the most recent occasion, the revenue has insisited on a directors' report. We argued that the nature of a directors' report is that it is prepared only when statutory accounts have been prepared, and as no such accounts have been prepared in this instance, no directors' report exists. The Revenue stated verbally that it also required statutory accounts. We managed to agree with the Revenue to submit some sort of directors' statement containing all the information in a directors' report but not statutory accounts.
The Revenue stated that when online filing is mandatory, statutory accounts will be required or else the Corporation Tax return(s) will be rejected.
What do other firms do in such circumstances, and what are they planning to do when online filing is mandatory please?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 572 5
- See you all on the other side 664 6
- 12Pay 424 2
- dividends 565 2
- R&D 301 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,155 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 430 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 386 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 354 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 530 5
- Seeking a tax case 623 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 482 4
- Companies house strike off 504 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 406 2
- Moving to the cloud 725 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 208 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 878 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 200 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,084 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 477 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 554
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 417
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 366
- IRIS and FRS 102 351
- Capitalising Finance Lease 316
- USA help 313
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 291
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 285
- Marginal rates of tax 261
- Capital gains on rental property 259