Application for striking off
In the past, when an application for striking off has been made to Companies House, it has been our policy not to prepare statutory accounts for the final period/year as Companies House does not require them and because the date of application falls several months before the accounting reference date.
In such circumstances, we have submitted accurate and detailed management accounts, signed by the directors, to the Revenue in support of the relevant Corporation Tax returns. Sometimes the Revenue accepts these, and sometimes rejects them on the basis that there is no directors' report. We have always re-submitted the management accounts stating that no directors' report is required, and the Revenue has accepted this.
On the most recent occasion, the revenue has insisited on a directors' report. We argued that the nature of a directors' report is that it is prepared only when statutory accounts have been prepared, and as no such accounts have been prepared in this instance, no directors' report exists. The Revenue stated verbally that it also required statutory accounts. We managed to agree with the Revenue to submit some sort of directors' statement containing all the information in a directors' report but not statutory accounts.
The Revenue stated that when online filing is mandatory, statutory accounts will be required or else the Corporation Tax return(s) will be rejected.
What do other firms do in such circumstances, and what are they planning to do when online filing is mandatory please?
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 284 6
- Client Paperwork Retention? 468 11
- Sage 50 VAT Return 98 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 512 1
- Paying Son 596 18
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 334 7
- HMRC accounting 204 3
- Employers NI allowance 430 6
- Dividend taxation 223 3
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 133 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 170 2
- Tax Overlap Reporting 131 3
- Love is in the air 134 2
- Buy to Let Property! Shell I buy or not? 430 4
- iris update 11.9.2 444 7
- HMRC Discovery powers 263 3
- Where to follow court cases/rulings 673 8
- Which time limits apply? 399 4
- Exclusion from VAT Registration 227 4
- Appeal against penalty- error in SA tax return 334 3
- DTA tie-breaker issue 294
- CGT for NOn UK residents 268
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 267
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 253
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 238
- Apprenticeship Levy 231
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 228
- Capital Gains personal representatives 211
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 206
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 185