Application for striking off
In the past, when an application for striking off has been made to Companies House, it has been our policy not to prepare statutory accounts for the final period/year as Companies House does not require them and because the date of application falls several months before the accounting reference date.
In such circumstances, we have submitted accurate and detailed management accounts, signed by the directors, to the Revenue in support of the relevant Corporation Tax returns. Sometimes the Revenue accepts these, and sometimes rejects them on the basis that there is no directors' report. We have always re-submitted the management accounts stating that no directors' report is required, and the Revenue has accepted this.
On the most recent occasion, the revenue has insisited on a directors' report. We argued that the nature of a directors' report is that it is prepared only when statutory accounts have been prepared, and as no such accounts have been prepared in this instance, no directors' report exists. The Revenue stated verbally that it also required statutory accounts. We managed to agree with the Revenue to submit some sort of directors' statement containing all the information in a directors' report but not statutory accounts.
The Revenue stated that when online filing is mandatory, statutory accounts will be required or else the Corporation Tax return(s) will be rejected.
What do other firms do in such circumstances, and what are they planning to do when online filing is mandatory please?
- Companies House iphone app - alternatives? 125 2
- Retained Earnings - loss 173 10
- Network marketing client - how does it work? 102 5
- A very basic T9 or T0 Question... 58 2
- break even point 810 23
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 382 3
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 634 19
- National Insurance Contributions 185 4
- VAT for Small Property Development Company 154 6
- HMRC Getting Extra Tough? 1,080 9
- Limited Company trading status. 69 1
- ANIMAL ADOPTION SCHEME 166 1
- Dividends 120 1
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 390 11
- Easy way to de-register as employer? 201 2
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,372 28
- Classic cars investment 402 11
- NI Contributions in order to claim state pension 232 4
- Lack of Quickbooks Online Coverage 284 4
- Client with enquiry inro careless or negligent tax return 933 23
- Possible Partnership? 490
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 461
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 454
- New Fangled Penalties 278
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 248
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 246
- Clubs and Taxable Income 245
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 236
- Loans to other companies 185
- Tasbook email configuration 175