Application for striking off
In the past, when an application for striking off has been made to Companies House, it has been our policy not to prepare statutory accounts for the final period/year as Companies House does not require them and because the date of application falls several months before the accounting reference date.
In such circumstances, we have submitted accurate and detailed management accounts, signed by the directors, to the Revenue in support of the relevant Corporation Tax returns. Sometimes the Revenue accepts these, and sometimes rejects them on the basis that there is no directors' report. We have always re-submitted the management accounts stating that no directors' report is required, and the Revenue has accepted this.
On the most recent occasion, the revenue has insisited on a directors' report. We argued that the nature of a directors' report is that it is prepared only when statutory accounts have been prepared, and as no such accounts have been prepared in this instance, no directors' report exists. The Revenue stated verbally that it also required statutory accounts. We managed to agree with the Revenue to submit some sort of directors' statement containing all the information in a directors' report but not statutory accounts.
The Revenue stated that when online filing is mandatory, statutory accounts will be required or else the Corporation Tax return(s) will be rejected.
What do other firms do in such circumstances, and what are they planning to do when online filing is mandatory please?
- Sorry ignore me 600 15
- How do I calculate the VAT due (cash basis) on receipts which suffer a cis deduction? 182 4
- CG34 approved "without prejudice" 210 3
- Is this a scam? 290 4
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,056 16
- SAGE V12 161 4
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,198 21
- VAT questions 275 3
- Invoice Help 93 3
- Accounts formation/ speculative advertising 254 5
- Should Spanish VAT apply ? 152 2
- Dissolve a Ltd Company - How much do you charge? 541 11
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 479 4
- Not ANOTHER bogus HMRC email? 237 3
- Self Assessment Tax Return Penalties 194 4
- Interest on loans between companies 132 3
- One off meeting new client 393 5
- Corporate shareholder question 97 2
- Furniture Rental Business 243 7
- Deaf clients 243 4
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 614
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 516
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 375
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 288
- Cancelled 270
- Cancelled 234
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 178
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 174
- Probiz 157
- What's the market like for temps? 150