Application for striking off
In the past, when an application for striking off has been made to Companies House, it has been our policy not to prepare statutory accounts for the final period/year as Companies House does not require them and because the date of application falls several months before the accounting reference date.
In such circumstances, we have submitted accurate and detailed management accounts, signed by the directors, to the Revenue in support of the relevant Corporation Tax returns. Sometimes the Revenue accepts these, and sometimes rejects them on the basis that there is no directors' report. We have always re-submitted the management accounts stating that no directors' report is required, and the Revenue has accepted this.
On the most recent occasion, the revenue has insisited on a directors' report. We argued that the nature of a directors' report is that it is prepared only when statutory accounts have been prepared, and as no such accounts have been prepared in this instance, no directors' report exists. The Revenue stated verbally that it also required statutory accounts. We managed to agree with the Revenue to submit some sort of directors' statement containing all the information in a directors' report but not statutory accounts.
The Revenue stated that when online filing is mandatory, statutory accounts will be required or else the Corporation Tax return(s) will be rejected.
What do other firms do in such circumstances, and what are they planning to do when online filing is mandatory please?
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 133 4
- No presenter ID for Companies House - ixbrl 82 1
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 136 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 140 6
- Claiming VAT on car lease 407 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 50 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 572 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 651 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 95 2
- Freelance/Employee 619 15
- Agent Authorisation Issue 156 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 304 6
- Is it just me ... 229 5
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 272 4
- CIS registration when already registered for PAYE 98 4
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 329 10
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 214 1
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,501 18
- R&D - HMRC Manual 114 2
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 354 14
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 743
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 404
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 351
- Electric Car 287
- S222 Charge 237
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 182
- IP trans to holding company 182
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 168
- AIA 163
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 154