Application for striking off
In the past, when an application for striking off has been made to Companies House, it has been our policy not to prepare statutory accounts for the final period/year as Companies House does not require them and because the date of application falls several months before the accounting reference date.
In such circumstances, we have submitted accurate and detailed management accounts, signed by the directors, to the Revenue in support of the relevant Corporation Tax returns. Sometimes the Revenue accepts these, and sometimes rejects them on the basis that there is no directors' report. We have always re-submitted the management accounts stating that no directors' report is required, and the Revenue has accepted this.
On the most recent occasion, the revenue has insisited on a directors' report. We argued that the nature of a directors' report is that it is prepared only when statutory accounts have been prepared, and as no such accounts have been prepared in this instance, no directors' report exists. The Revenue stated verbally that it also required statutory accounts. We managed to agree with the Revenue to submit some sort of directors' statement containing all the information in a directors' report but not statutory accounts.
The Revenue stated that when online filing is mandatory, statutory accounts will be required or else the Corporation Tax return(s) will be rejected.
What do other firms do in such circumstances, and what are they planning to do when online filing is mandatory please?
- Capital creditors / cashflow 49 3
- Self-employed 409 12
- Are there any auto-enrolment engagement letter templates? 1,266 28
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 1,252 13
- Past rental expenses 228 3
- Accountant let me down 263 2
- IHT400 or IHT205 - disagree with solicitor 251 2
- Professional Clearance 272 5
- What do do about VAT? 648 16
- Online Back Up 161 4
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 507 9
- Allowable for Corporation Tax? 558 12
- HMRC Debt collectors 969 5
- A rant - Debt Management units vs PAYE office response times 304 2
- Personal Service Company and Isle of Man 189 1
- Microsoft One Drive 544 18
- VAT commercial property TOGC 136 2
- Audacity 1,483 24
- minority interest discount 235 6
- Seeking advice: Need some help with Company Accounts 680 9
- NHS finance professionals 620
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 398
- Foreign Pension Contribution 367
- vat gross profit percentage margins 341
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 340
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 317
- Quickbooks online filing of VAT 285
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 284
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 241
- IFA income recognition & reporting 203