are the director responsible for company's debts with personal assets?
A company owes IR a large amount of PAYE over many months. The company has no assets. IR have indicated they don't accept payment spread over a few months by post-dated cheques and they insist that the director takes out a personal loan. If the company goes into liquidation, what do you think the position will be?
E.g. can IR start legal proceedings against the director to recover the debt from personal assets or make the director bankrupt in the absence of any assets? Where is the limited liability?
Any previous experience anybody or clarification of the legal position are welcome. Thank you.
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 63 1
- Networking 301 5
- Turnover on a tax return 441 10
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,202 33
- VAT refund 260 2
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 256 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 284 4
- Corrupt excel .XLSX file 105 1
- incorrect old p60 503 13
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 321 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 236 2
- IT Contractor 275 1
- Sage instant account codes 176 1
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 274 1
- Cashflow forecasting software 325 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,963 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 335 4
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 307 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 287 3
- Missing tax return 423 4