Are you interested in becoming a technology writer for AccountingWEB?
Sift Media, the company behind AccountingWEB, is looking for a versatile technology journalist to write copy for professional online communities serving 250,000+ members in finance, small business, accountancy, HR and learning.
The role will require regular interaction with community members to answer their questions and pursue issues they raise. The successful applicant will be an ambitious, self-directed writer who is conversant with business technology and web applications. He or she will work with IT and community editors to ensure their content requirements are met and will occasionally represent the portfolio at exhibitions, press conferences and other events.
The writer will work closely with the IT editor to identify topics for coverage and will deputise in his/her absence, also helping other editors with production and community tasks when required. The position will involve some work on commercial projects with advertising clients. The IT writer will need to maintain good working relationships with the Sift Media advertising team and its clients, while ensuring that editorial integrity and independence is clearly communicated and maintained throughout these projects.
The post could suit someone with a business/technology background who is looking for an opportunity to break into online publishing.
The successful applicant will need to have the following qualities:
1. The ability to communicate complex technology topics accurately in a clear, jargon-free writing style.
2. A well informed interest in business issues and the tools used in accounting/finance, HR, sales/marketing, learning and knowledge management.
3. A fast worker able to meet deadlines and prioritise a varied workload effectively.
4. An understanding of web content management, the web's role in professional publishing and the needs of Sift Media's online audiences.
5. Knowledge of popular business applications such as Microsoft Office and Sage and tools from the likes of Google, Adobe and Salesforce.
6. Good people and communication skills. The IT writer will need to deal diplomatically with a wide range of contacts, from Sift managers and colleagues to community members, industry contacts, PRs and business leaders.
7. Versatility - both in adapting articles for different audiences and in taking on different tasks within the portfolio as needed.
8. Experience of contract publishing or corporate communications would be an advantage.
In the first instance please email your CV to technology editor John Stokdyk at: john[at]accountingweb.co.uk.
We look forward to hearing from any interested AccountingWEB members.
- Tax treatment on the sale of a business 189 7
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 884 19
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 459 9
- Can I become a self employed bookkeeper?? 157 1
- VAT on converted property having opted to tax 176 7
- tagging in Iris accounts production for non standard item 119 1
- Place of Supply or these two contracts walk into a German Bar 98 1
- Auto-Enrolment 2,860 155
- How to account for VAT on a newbuild that has been let 104 1
- 'Find an accountant' 210 2
- PI insurance for Auto Enrolment 105 1
- Withholding Tax - Invoicing Ecuador 86 1
- Depreciation on property improvements 108 1
- Construction Industry Funding 112 5
- CGT advice on amicable divorce settlement 106 1
- How important are Journals? 331 9
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 724 15
- Company trading loss relief 271 4
- National Insurance 602 1
- Social Worker limited Co 131 1
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 492
- Skandia using wrong address 434
- Accountants who provide tech/IT advice 389
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 266
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 236
- Employee rewards 228
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 207
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 203
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 180
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 180