Are you interested in becoming a technology writer for AccountingWEB?
Sift Media, the company behind AccountingWEB, is looking for a versatile technology journalist to write copy for professional online communities serving 250,000+ members in finance, small business, accountancy, HR and learning.
The role will require regular interaction with community members to answer their questions and pursue issues they raise. The successful applicant will be an ambitious, self-directed writer who is conversant with business technology and web applications. He or she will work with IT and community editors to ensure their content requirements are met and will occasionally represent the portfolio at exhibitions, press conferences and other events.
The writer will work closely with the IT editor to identify topics for coverage and will deputise in his/her absence, also helping other editors with production and community tasks when required. The position will involve some work on commercial projects with advertising clients. The IT writer will need to maintain good working relationships with the Sift Media advertising team and its clients, while ensuring that editorial integrity and independence is clearly communicated and maintained throughout these projects.
The post could suit someone with a business/technology background who is looking for an opportunity to break into online publishing.
The successful applicant will need to have the following qualities:
1. The ability to communicate complex technology topics accurately in a clear, jargon-free writing style.
2. A well informed interest in business issues and the tools used in accounting/finance, HR, sales/marketing, learning and knowledge management.
3. A fast worker able to meet deadlines and prioritise a varied workload effectively.
4. An understanding of web content management, the web's role in professional publishing and the needs of Sift Media's online audiences.
5. Knowledge of popular business applications such as Microsoft Office and Sage and tools from the likes of Google, Adobe and Salesforce.
6. Good people and communication skills. The IT writer will need to deal diplomatically with a wide range of contacts, from Sift managers and colleagues to community members, industry contacts, PRs and business leaders.
7. Versatility - both in adapting articles for different audiences and in taking on different tasks within the portfolio as needed.
8. Experience of contract publishing or corporate communications would be an advantage.
In the first instance please email your CV to technology editor John Stokdyk at: john[at]accountingweb.co.uk.
We look forward to hearing from any interested AccountingWEB members.
- Change PAYE agent address 165 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 86 4
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 161 8
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 35 1
- Claiming for breach of contract 220 4
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 120 2
- AccountingWEB survey 344 4
- An IT question 345 8
- Maintenance company for buy to let 108 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,108 38
- Disengagement Help! 1,401 21
- Is it possible to link documents into transactions in Sage? 77 1
- Accounting for stolen van? 208 3
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 1,158 21
- Capital losses on foreign property 156 1
- Creative Auto Enrolment 688 10
- self employed losses 174 1
- Unpaid fees 470 9
- Vat payable on van 310 2
- Accounting for corporation tax 588 13