We submitted a SA100 several weeks ago and requested a refund of CIS tax on the return.
HMRC Online site shows refund available for repayment. We request the overpayment to be refunded.
Ring HMRC who say they will refund the overpayment.
Client needs the money and thinks we are doing nothing so they ring HMRC themselves.
HMRC say they cannot issue refund without the CIS vouchers????? HMRC informs our client that their accountants should know that!!!!! Client calls us complaining bitterly that we haven't done our job right because we haven't sent the vouchers! What vouchers? This is a 2009/10 return! We tell client HMRC are mistaken, but we are not believed. HMRC are never wrong, are they?
Bangs head on wall and decides it is time I retired!
- Fee protection 762 14
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 124 3
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 915 38
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 3,042 31
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 205 3
- Overdrawn DLA 150 8
- CIS monthly declaration 147 9
- Telephone call from "Xero" 301 4
- Self assesment losses 174 5
- Form 2.8b notice of intention to appoint administrator 107 3
- Companies House incorporation service 452 14
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 103 1
- Electronic v printed payslips 106 1
- Where to advertise for staff 191 5
- Personal investment trading company 66 1
- CIS schemes 264 1
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 136 2
- Excel formula 527 11
- Ltd company or sole trader 534 13
- Self assessment tax arrears 465 4
- Xtuple 558
- Qtac payroll for bureau 379
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 329
- Industrial & Provident Societies 319
- Domain name sale and limited company 216
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 199
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 198
- Investment 198
- Tax on damages received 163
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 143