We submitted a SA100 several weeks ago and requested a refund of CIS tax on the return.
HMRC Online site shows refund available for repayment. We request the overpayment to be refunded.
Ring HMRC who say they will refund the overpayment.
Client needs the money and thinks we are doing nothing so they ring HMRC themselves.
HMRC say they cannot issue refund without the CIS vouchers????? HMRC informs our client that their accountants should know that!!!!! Client calls us complaining bitterly that we haven't done our job right because we haven't sent the vouchers! What vouchers? This is a 2009/10 return! We tell client HMRC are mistaken, but we are not believed. HMRC are never wrong, are they?
Bangs head on wall and decides it is time I retired!
- Closing my business down 442 21
- Invoice personally but declare in company? 85 3
- Any Answers changes - feedback required 2,903 97
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 248 3
- Solicitor wants to rent room in my office but 154 3
- Need some help on importing procedures and VAT 153 2
- Statement of Accounts 79 3
- GP's Annual Certificate of Pensionable Profits - Multiple Practices 133 2
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 203 7
- Who's going to the next Tick & Bash? 206 3
- Transfer of Software to sister company 175 2
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 339 4
- What rent was paid for income tax purposes? 160 1
- CGT history of shares 246 4
- Client Entertainment to get new business or referral as opposed to say thanks 297 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 393 6
- CGT on sale of let property 180 2
- how do i get UTR 223 3
- Input VAT suffered in EU 122 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 287 3
- Moving away from CCH software 982
- QROP pension input amounts 459
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 402
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 388
- fraud 309
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 292
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 249
- Construction CIS LLP Company 234
- EPS and CIS deductions 228
- Out of time or not? 217