We submitted a SA100 several weeks ago and requested a refund of CIS tax on the return.
HMRC Online site shows refund available for repayment. We request the overpayment to be refunded.
Ring HMRC who say they will refund the overpayment.
Client needs the money and thinks we are doing nothing so they ring HMRC themselves.
HMRC say they cannot issue refund without the CIS vouchers????? HMRC informs our client that their accountants should know that!!!!! Client calls us complaining bitterly that we haven't done our job right because we haven't sent the vouchers! What vouchers? This is a 2009/10 return! We tell client HMRC are mistaken, but we are not believed. HMRC are never wrong, are they?
Bangs head on wall and decides it is time I retired!
- Fees 280 3
- Agent Authorisation Issue 246 3
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 390 14
- Time to ditch Sage? 253 3
- HMRC Post 531 7
- Transactions with directors 444 3
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 285 9
- Non VAT invoices 200 4
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 201 2
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,390 32
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 256 5
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 225 2
- Form 17 Download 152 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 561 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 383 4
- HMRC Information notice 994 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 280 3
- Accountant Specialization. 398 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,785 42
- Sage Line 50 184 3
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 764
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 414
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 365
- Electric Car 299
- S222 Charge 245
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 210
- IP trans to holding company 195
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 185
- AIA 180
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 178