We submitted a SA100 several weeks ago and requested a refund of CIS tax on the return.
HMRC Online site shows refund available for repayment. We request the overpayment to be refunded.
Ring HMRC who say they will refund the overpayment.
Client needs the money and thinks we are doing nothing so they ring HMRC themselves.
HMRC say they cannot issue refund without the CIS vouchers????? HMRC informs our client that their accountants should know that!!!!! Client calls us complaining bitterly that we haven't done our job right because we haven't sent the vouchers! What vouchers? This is a 2009/10 return! We tell client HMRC are mistaken, but we are not believed. HMRC are never wrong, are they?
Bangs head on wall and decides it is time I retired!
- Tax Relief on Bridging Loan 58 2
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 862 32
- Use of home deduction 514 15
- Copy Wanted 675 3
- Non resident income. 244 12
- Company dividends 402 12
- Self Assessment University Superannuation Scheme 78 1
- 11pm and having a blonde moment 122 2
- Losses B/F and Class 4 NIC 193 2
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 536 21
- Software 342 8
- Tax return filed on time but payment late 412 6
- SA late payment penalty 193 3
- Death of taxpayer - personal allowance 301 8
- No codes in Sage 50 Nominal List? 123 1
- Might income tax be payable on these gifts? 129 2
- How Long does it take to get an Agent ID 132 2
- Private Residence Relief after gift 140 3
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,432 81
- Buy to let property : Is parking bay tax deductible ? 272 5
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 857
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 550
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 516
- Latest phishing scam 407
- Entrepreneurs' relief 377
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 338
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 320
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 303
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 216
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 194