We submitted a SA100 several weeks ago and requested a refund of CIS tax on the return.
HMRC Online site shows refund available for repayment. We request the overpayment to be refunded.
Ring HMRC who say they will refund the overpayment.
Client needs the money and thinks we are doing nothing so they ring HMRC themselves.
HMRC say they cannot issue refund without the CIS vouchers????? HMRC informs our client that their accountants should know that!!!!! Client calls us complaining bitterly that we haven't done our job right because we haven't sent the vouchers! What vouchers? This is a 2009/10 return! We tell client HMRC are mistaken, but we are not believed. HMRC are never wrong, are they?
Bangs head on wall and decides it is time I retired!
- Contingent Liability - Copyright Dispute - Disclosure ? 238 7
- Directors loan accounts 368 9
- Can I zero rate the VAT? 309 7
- Payment for Promotional Samples 250 1
- Transactions between Associated Companies 101 2
- Cash withdrawn and not accounted for 168 1
- Employed clients and expenses 792 14
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,032 1
- Share premium or Directors Loan 695 29
- Taxfiler V's BTC 895 34
- Know it alls (who don't) 1,100 20
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 500 18
- I.d for vat registration 270 10
- Bookkeping software 901 9
- Capital allowances anti-avoidance 286 9
- Accounting for VAT not yet paid in year end 251 4
- Auto Enrolment set up 344 2
- SA302's anyone?? 2,826 42
- VAT return - Box 7 & 9 Vat cash accounting 124 2
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 157 6
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 539
- NOVA 489
- Bonus Bonds 374
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 353
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 274
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 239
- Friendly Pensions 170
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 156
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 140
- Finance Lease 139