We submitted a SA100 several weeks ago and requested a refund of CIS tax on the return.
HMRC Online site shows refund available for repayment. We request the overpayment to be refunded.
Ring HMRC who say they will refund the overpayment.
Client needs the money and thinks we are doing nothing so they ring HMRC themselves.
HMRC say they cannot issue refund without the CIS vouchers????? HMRC informs our client that their accountants should know that!!!!! Client calls us complaining bitterly that we haven't done our job right because we haven't sent the vouchers! What vouchers? This is a 2009/10 return! We tell client HMRC are mistaken, but we are not believed. HMRC are never wrong, are they?
Bangs head on wall and decides it is time I retired!
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 510 19
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 170 2
- Old CGT loss 181 3
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 103 3
- Paper tax return 122 4
- Start up allowance? 355 12
- Will I need to resign? 124 1
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,340 41
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 234 3
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 170 1
- AIA or IFA 443 7
- Surely not? 436 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 631 9
- Running two businesses from the same premises 365 3
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 354 7
- Late Registration for VAT 354 11
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 263 5
- Nominal Ledger 358 10
- Share structures 146 5
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 2,156 19