We submitted a SA100 several weeks ago and requested a refund of CIS tax on the return.
HMRC Online site shows refund available for repayment. We request the overpayment to be refunded.
Ring HMRC who say they will refund the overpayment.
Client needs the money and thinks we are doing nothing so they ring HMRC themselves.
HMRC say they cannot issue refund without the CIS vouchers????? HMRC informs our client that their accountants should know that!!!!! Client calls us complaining bitterly that we haven't done our job right because we haven't sent the vouchers! What vouchers? This is a 2009/10 return! We tell client HMRC are mistaken, but we are not believed. HMRC are never wrong, are they?
Bangs head on wall and decides it is time I retired!
- Operating lease 49 3
- Gifting shares 67 1
- Career slump - advice and/or sympathy much appreciated 92 1
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 218 4
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 449 8
- paye scheme very used 142 2
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 791 25
- Disclosure query 106 3
- Invoice factoring 68 2
- Auto enrolment 274 4
- Reverse charge - do you always book it? 235 6
- LLP Accounts format 81 1
- Scoot 299 6
- A question about share structure 69 1
- Corporation tax due date confusion 193 3
- Top slicing relief question 150 2
- Share swap 190 3
- Is our client doing anything wrong? 322 2
- Tax on sale of shares 171 3
- Accountants' Error 894 17
- Skandia using wrong address 1,466
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 785
- Any views 712
- HMRC Employers Diary 533
- International interest certificate 430
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 399
- Sale of business 360
- NOVA 267
- Advertising services? 263
- IRIS Open Books problem 260