We submitted a SA100 several weeks ago and requested a refund of CIS tax on the return.
HMRC Online site shows refund available for repayment. We request the overpayment to be refunded.
Ring HMRC who say they will refund the overpayment.
Client needs the money and thinks we are doing nothing so they ring HMRC themselves.
HMRC say they cannot issue refund without the CIS vouchers????? HMRC informs our client that their accountants should know that!!!!! Client calls us complaining bitterly that we haven't done our job right because we haven't sent the vouchers! What vouchers? This is a 2009/10 return! We tell client HMRC are mistaken, but we are not believed. HMRC are never wrong, are they?
Bangs head on wall and decides it is time I retired!
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 2,212 17
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,334 21
- CIS and Close Company 125 3
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 302 1
- VAT Option to tax 477 17
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 183 6
- Capital allowance vehicle exchange 201 7
- S162 and Capital Allowances 134 2
- Director leaving in month 1 167 2
- Ex Gratia payments 98 1
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 301 3
- Unaudited accounts and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation 181 4
- Selling assets to yourself ? 200 3
- 24 Month Rule - New Employer 197 3
- Director's remuneration accrual 180 4
- IHT - clawback of BPR 59 1
- EIS - connection through employment 99 2
- HMRC Dispensation - How long does it last for? 254 3
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 69 1
- Correct tax & VAT treatment of local overnight expenses 235 4
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 916
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 643
- Free Tax Legislation? 411
- Director Loan account operation 407
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 349
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 323
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 229
- Paye procedures for CVA 224
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 192
- Pension Fixed Protection 163