We submitted a SA100 several weeks ago and requested a refund of CIS tax on the return.
HMRC Online site shows refund available for repayment. We request the overpayment to be refunded.
Ring HMRC who say they will refund the overpayment.
Client needs the money and thinks we are doing nothing so they ring HMRC themselves.
HMRC say they cannot issue refund without the CIS vouchers????? HMRC informs our client that their accountants should know that!!!!! Client calls us complaining bitterly that we haven't done our job right because we haven't sent the vouchers! What vouchers? This is a 2009/10 return! We tell client HMRC are mistaken, but we are not believed. HMRC are never wrong, are they?
Bangs head on wall and decides it is time I retired!
- Do I need a smartphone? 2,068 75
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,454 26
- Council setting up 'sham' LLP as trading arm? 127 2
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 477 5
- subsistence: help with BIM47705 interpretation 51 1
- Company valuation for IHT purposes 233 6
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,966 47
- inflation rate year on year 199 4
- Accounts Question 190 5
- Deleted question? 786 19
- What are options for non CA firm 3,241 67
- MAAT vs ACCA 751 13
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 675 3
- VAT Return Errors 222 2
- Adjustment to previous self assessments 195 5
- Yorkshire Day 631 38
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 208 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 391 16
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 163 3
- SMP reclaimable by employer 302 7
- Cancelled 474
- Cancelled 389
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 379
- Probiz 360
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 265
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 240
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 235
- More spam 187
- Does anyone have SCI unit contact details? 163
- Employee Benefit Trust 155