We submitted a SA100 several weeks ago and requested a refund of CIS tax on the return.
HMRC Online site shows refund available for repayment. We request the overpayment to be refunded.
Ring HMRC who say they will refund the overpayment.
Client needs the money and thinks we are doing nothing so they ring HMRC themselves.
HMRC say they cannot issue refund without the CIS vouchers????? HMRC informs our client that their accountants should know that!!!!! Client calls us complaining bitterly that we haven't done our job right because we haven't sent the vouchers! What vouchers? This is a 2009/10 return! We tell client HMRC are mistaken, but we are not believed. HMRC are never wrong, are they?
Bangs head on wall and decides it is time I retired!
- rti 211 9
- PAYE Refunds from HMRC 120 3
- Home Use Costs in Company Accounts ? 130 1
- Unfurnished Lettings Expenditure 165 3
- Undeclared rental income 169 4
- Drop box Storage 782 8
- Cash injection by shareholder 673 9
- Another goodwill question ....... 223 2
- 2 sole traders merging to become a limited company what do they need? 212 6
- FIFA game and making money 1,738 15
- Drop Down Boxes 104 1
- Subsistence expenses for one man band contractor companies 386 7
- What Exactly does the RTI Penalty Relaxation mean? 250 4
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 773 21
- Any Scottish members out there? 13,299 497
- Property management company Online returns 94 1
- VAT on sale of Assets to Director 126 3
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 336 9
- Fee Protection Insurance 1,128 45
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 418 19
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,401
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 535
- National Insurance 436
- Non Resident 326
- Hands on experience of Digita 255
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 236
- Employer's Helpline 191
- CIS paid under reg 9 190
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 158
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 157