We submitted a SA100 several weeks ago and requested a refund of CIS tax on the return.
HMRC Online site shows refund available for repayment. We request the overpayment to be refunded.
Ring HMRC who say they will refund the overpayment.
Client needs the money and thinks we are doing nothing so they ring HMRC themselves.
HMRC say they cannot issue refund without the CIS vouchers????? HMRC informs our client that their accountants should know that!!!!! Client calls us complaining bitterly that we haven't done our job right because we haven't sent the vouchers! What vouchers? This is a 2009/10 return! We tell client HMRC are mistaken, but we are not believed. HMRC are never wrong, are they?
Bangs head on wall and decides it is time I retired!
- incorrect old p60 55 1
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 448 4
- VAT on new builds 93 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 651 16
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 330 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 102 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 90 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 104 1
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,789 26
- Missing tax return 139 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 902 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 269 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 150 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 544 18
- Physiotherapy 224 3
- Inflation and fees 1,201 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 149 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 267 8
- CGT help please 134 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 334 7