We submitted a SA100 several weeks ago and requested a refund of CIS tax on the return.
HMRC Online site shows refund available for repayment. We request the overpayment to be refunded.
Ring HMRC who say they will refund the overpayment.
Client needs the money and thinks we are doing nothing so they ring HMRC themselves.
HMRC say they cannot issue refund without the CIS vouchers????? HMRC informs our client that their accountants should know that!!!!! Client calls us complaining bitterly that we haven't done our job right because we haven't sent the vouchers! What vouchers? This is a 2009/10 return! We tell client HMRC are mistaken, but we are not believed. HMRC are never wrong, are they?
Bangs head on wall and decides it is time I retired!
- last minute request 56 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 344 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 31 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 189 6
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,114 44
- Maternity and claining expenses 622 6
- Overseas workday relief 127 5
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 241 3
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 651 13
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 79 1
- MVL 249 4
- Disengagement Help! 1,477 22
- Is it possible to link documents into transactions in Sage? 114 2
- Creative Auto Enrolment 724 11
- Change PAYE agent address 197 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 83 1
- Claiming for breach of contract 244 4
- AccountingWEB survey 367 4
- An IT question 370 8
- Maintenance company for buy to let 143 1