We submitted a SA100 several weeks ago and requested a refund of CIS tax on the return.
HMRC Online site shows refund available for repayment. We request the overpayment to be refunded.
Ring HMRC who say they will refund the overpayment.
Client needs the money and thinks we are doing nothing so they ring HMRC themselves.
HMRC say they cannot issue refund without the CIS vouchers????? HMRC informs our client that their accountants should know that!!!!! Client calls us complaining bitterly that we haven't done our job right because we haven't sent the vouchers! What vouchers? This is a 2009/10 return! We tell client HMRC are mistaken, but we are not believed. HMRC are never wrong, are they?
Bangs head on wall and decides it is time I retired!
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 553 17
- Please for the love of god can anyone clear this up for me accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there....accountants need to help other accountants out :) 323 14
- Invoice or journal for inter-company transactions 64 1
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 37 3
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 266 8
- Tax Return Deadlines 116 2
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 528 11
- Flat rate vat error 327 7
- EC VAT 212 9
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 526 13
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 288 14
- can I claim a per diem 265 5
- s.755 ITA 2007 Gains on transactions in land 137 2
- Who picks up the slack? 1,378 8
- VAT on part of a closed pub 246 14
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 100 1
- HMRC corporation tax software - how to enter negative expense 295 8
- Dispensation pointless ? 536 14
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 862 19
- Underpaid taxes included in tax code connundrum 165 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 838
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 507
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 318
- How to format a stock book 287
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 229
- Tax efficient holding company structure 229
- Investment property company accounts template 219
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 211
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 181
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 181