We submitted a SA100 several weeks ago and requested a refund of CIS tax on the return.
HMRC Online site shows refund available for repayment. We request the overpayment to be refunded.
Ring HMRC who say they will refund the overpayment.
Client needs the money and thinks we are doing nothing so they ring HMRC themselves.
HMRC say they cannot issue refund without the CIS vouchers????? HMRC informs our client that their accountants should know that!!!!! Client calls us complaining bitterly that we haven't done our job right because we haven't sent the vouchers! What vouchers? This is a 2009/10 return! We tell client HMRC are mistaken, but we are not believed. HMRC are never wrong, are they?
Bangs head on wall and decides it is time I retired!
- What would you do in this situation? 449 12
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 107 3
- Help Required 248 6
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 204 2
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 367 14
- What's in a name ? 194 4
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 122 3
- ATED Penalties 248 1
- late second payment on account 139 2
- US royalties 58 2
- Project being run jointly 111 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 162 2
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 133 3
- Sole trader mix up 275 4
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 721 6
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 881 27
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 202 4
- Filing company accounts 131 1
- Accountancy work for Farmers 492 16
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 154 5
- CTA study material 695
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 419
- Employment related securities question 261
- AIM Stocks and IHT 241
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 193
- Trust for Employee 180
- Expat pension contributions? 176
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 149
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 131
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 112