Assets not owned by a company
I have a client who has properties which were sold to the directors about a year ago. This was properly accounted for and mortgages were secured personally.
However, the client now wants to show the properties and the mortgages on the properties in the Limited Company with any rental income shown in the limited company accounts. The reason is that he has an overdrawn directors loan account and this equity would reduce the loan.
He says that he has done this with previous companies and that he is holding the assets as a 'fiduciary' for the Limited Company.
Is this possible?
- Insovent companies 837 18
- Rounding errors on CT600 91 4
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,284 48
- BrightPay quirks 153 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 78 1
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 780 20
- Xerocon 2016 1,162 31
- Website Content 70 1
- Mortgage Reference 468 5
- Personal Tax 611 12
- New Build 140 1
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 109 1
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 142 1
- USA Tax Query 276 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 422 5
- last minute request 628 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 329 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 362 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,721 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 983 6