Australians and cpital gains
I have a client who is an Australian national. She has lived and worked in the UK for 15 years and has now decided to return back home to live in Oz with her British husband and children.
She has owns rental property, not her prime residence, that she will be hoping to sell. She has been told, by other Aussies, that since she is returning home she will not be liable for any CGT on the gain made on the sale of her rental property.
I have been unable to verify this so far, so please can anyone either advise me or, alternatively, point me in the right direction to obtain the advise I need .
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,184 46
- Practical experience 859 16
- Xerocon 2016 824 13
- Personal Tax 216 3
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,871 41
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 243 2
- Mortgage Reference 189 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 171 3
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 436 9
- VAT 308 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 233 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 205 1
- last minute request 308 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 81 1
- Cash gift from India 504 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 87 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 477 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 137 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 288 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 675 6