Australians and cpital gains
I have a client who is an Australian national. She has lived and worked in the UK for 15 years and has now decided to return back home to live in Oz with her British husband and children.
She has owns rental property, not her prime residence, that she will be hoping to sell. She has been told, by other Aussies, that since she is returning home she will not be liable for any CGT on the gain made on the sale of her rental property.
I have been unable to verify this so far, so please can anyone either advise me or, alternatively, point me in the right direction to obtain the advise I need .
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 223 5
- How to reward a long standing employee 166 2
- flat rate scheme 675 19
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 240 5
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,512 43
- New intermediaries reporting requirements 186 2
- Windows 7 to 8 should I go Excel or Office 365 189 3
- Special dividends & CGT 284 2
- Attachment of Orders 122 1
- Sage instant account codes 266 2
- Allocation of income from property 254 7
- Protocol to be followed for professional clearance 182 2
- Turnover on a tax return 718 13
- UK tax exposure 398 7
- Companies House Presenter Account 190 3
- regulated mortgage work? 237 3
- Employer Making Employee Calculate own Holiday Pay 198 1
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 303 8
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 2,313 11
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 579 8