BACS / DD Software
I'm installing a new accounting system. The new system will produce BACS payment files for multiple supplier payments, for uploading direct into the banks software. I also need to be able to collect cash via direct debit in a small(ish) number of cases.
Current bank is Nat West. Apparently my only options for BACS payments are "Bankline", into which each payment needs to be entered manually and discretely (as in one by one, not surrepticiously...), or "Payaway IP" which costs £1000 upfront for license & installation and £350 a year maintenance.
I am a little surprised that I'm paying extra to do somethign which I would have thought reduces the bank's administrative burden (along with their fees admittedly), as well as my own. Additionally, my ERP system consultants have not heard of users paying extra for the ability to upload the files that the system provides into BACS.
Questions are therefore: 1) Does this sound correct?; 2) Is the price for Payaway IP reasonable?; and 3) Can I use Payaway IP for direct debit collections in the same way?
Thanks, as ever, for your considered responses.
- Am i Liable? 199 6
- directors overdrawn loan account 88 1
- Does buying a block of fees qualify as goodwill 112 1
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 211 10
- Incorrect Generic non-filing notice 95 1
- Added years superannuation 74 2
- Giving a seminar 544 30
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 204 1
- JIEB Exams 141 1
- RTI 110 1
- Christmas party 127 1
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 754 10
- Checking a contract 300 8
- Flat Rate Scheme 313 15
- Altered PAYE cheque 244 5
- deleting customers on Sage 50 166 7
- VAT on garage rent 330 14
- Value-shifting 87 1
- Pattern for CTA 213 4
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 459 18
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,221
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 609
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 410
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 316
- Alphabet shares 192
- Agent fees to sell business 190
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 188
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 183
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 167
- Office recharges 150