Balance sheet value for properties in an investment company?
Can anyone confirm please that a company which owns residential property that is let,should show the MV in the balance sheet instead of at cost, with any surplus/deficit being take to revaluation reserve.
I assume that you can use director's best estimate of market value and is it the valuation at the y/e rather than the date the accounts are signed off?
Thanks for any help
- TaxCalc Accounts production 122 2
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 368 8
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 209 3
- Running two businesses from the same premises 402 5
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 77 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,362 42
- How much of your work is admin? 625 5
- Nominal Ledger 390 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 577 20
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 189 2
- Old CGT loss 211 3
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 186 3
- Paper tax return 161 4
- Start up allowance? 385 12
- Will I need to resign? 210 1
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 250 3
- AIA or IFA 460 7
- Surely not? 466 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 646 9
- Late Registration for VAT 368 11