Bank account left out of Limited Company Accounts
I may well be one of those annoying book-keepers on the other thread...
My friend has showed me her accounts from last year (prepared by a Chartered firm) and this years books (written up by herself, checked by me as I am a book-keeper).
Despite having £3k in debtors at the end of last year and around £16k in the company bank account there is no mention of either on the Balance sheet. The 'cash at bank' figure is only the sum of tax owed plus the accountancy bill plus the shareholding. Is this ok? I was under the impression that the Balance sheet should show a picture of the company's assets at a given moment in time - I have asked the accountant for journals and a bank reconciliation and they tell me they never prepared any. I studied accountancy years ago and this is very different to what I remember! Her dividends recorded are only the amounts that she actually took from the bank during the year so they have not been accounted for "in advance".
I don't want to worry her if I have the wrong end of the stick but shouldn't the Balance sheet state what is in the account at the year end (give or take the debtors and creditors)?
Thanks for anyone who can offer an opinion...
- practice planning 36 1
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 1,088 37
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 163 3
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 149 1
- Question re Career choice... 1,635 10
- Which address 1,059 12
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 588 20
- MS Surface Pro 3 100 1
- Financial statements in Word, with formulas 1,498 17
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,212 44
- R&D tax claim 256 7
- You think HMRC are inefficient? 537 9
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 196 7
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 141 2
- Gift to employee 380 12
- Tax Allowance on University Course 183 1
- Transfer of a business 129 1
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,152 22
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 420 8
- VAT Cross Border Invoicing 123 2
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 484
- CTA study material 459
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 337
- Pre incorp expenses 319
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 270
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 260
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 212
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 165
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 139
- Employment related securities question 126