Bank account left out of Limited Company Accounts
I may well be one of those annoying book-keepers on the other thread...
My friend has showed me her accounts from last year (prepared by a Chartered firm) and this years books (written up by herself, checked by me as I am a book-keeper).
Despite having £3k in debtors at the end of last year and around £16k in the company bank account there is no mention of either on the Balance sheet. The 'cash at bank' figure is only the sum of tax owed plus the accountancy bill plus the shareholding. Is this ok? I was under the impression that the Balance sheet should show a picture of the company's assets at a given moment in time - I have asked the accountant for journals and a bank reconciliation and they tell me they never prepared any. I studied accountancy years ago and this is very different to what I remember! Her dividends recorded are only the amounts that she actually took from the bank during the year so they have not been accounted for "in advance".
I don't want to worry her if I have the wrong end of the stick but shouldn't the Balance sheet state what is in the account at the year end (give or take the debtors and creditors)?
Thanks for anyone who can offer an opinion...
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 374 17
- Revaluation of investment proeprty 68 1
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 772 7
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,469 31
- Is this fraud? 318 5
- Saying goodbye 434 13
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 824 36
- Tax on private fuel for own car 200 5
- Sportman claiming for training kit 995 11
- Flat rate scheme 182 3
- Drop box Storage 201 3
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 275 13
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,192 413
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 621 4
- Furnished lettings criteria 152 1
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 416 5
- SAGE TRANSACTIONS DATA 150 2
- Pension Contributions Relief 369 11
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 126 1
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 204 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,271
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 455
- National Insurance 352
- Non Resident 267
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 261
- Franchise income and costs 240
- Hands on experience of Digita 198
- Employer's Helpline 146
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 140
- employment capital allowances 137