Bank account left out of Limited Company Accounts
I may well be one of those annoying book-keepers on the other thread...
My friend has showed me her accounts from last year (prepared by a Chartered firm) and this years books (written up by herself, checked by me as I am a book-keeper).
Despite having £3k in debtors at the end of last year and around £16k in the company bank account there is no mention of either on the Balance sheet. The 'cash at bank' figure is only the sum of tax owed plus the accountancy bill plus the shareholding. Is this ok? I was under the impression that the Balance sheet should show a picture of the company's assets at a given moment in time - I have asked the accountant for journals and a bank reconciliation and they tell me they never prepared any. I studied accountancy years ago and this is very different to what I remember! Her dividends recorded are only the amounts that she actually took from the bank during the year so they have not been accounted for "in advance".
I don't want to worry her if I have the wrong end of the stick but shouldn't the Balance sheet state what is in the account at the year end (give or take the debtors and creditors)?
Thanks for anyone who can offer an opinion...
- Transferring rental property to limited company 287 10
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 46 1
- Revenue phishing examples 48 1
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 316 11
- iris update 11.9.2 154 2
- Land Registry 195 2
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 429 13
- Company Number 10000000 199 3
- IR35 324 4
- 2015 tax year end 511 1
- Company Structure 225 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 2,273 25
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 753 17
- Advertising Tips? 209 6
- Not renewing AAT 1,454 14
- Cloud-based email services? 260 6
- Dormant co. now trading 319 9
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,699 21
- Online or Paper 64-8? 229 4
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 425 4
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 728
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 430
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 370
- Costly Accounting Software contract 352
- Directors' advances and credits 279
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 259
- DTA tie-breaker issue 246
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 232
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 207
- CGT for NOn UK residents 195