Bank account left out of Limited Company Accounts
I may well be one of those annoying book-keepers on the other thread...
My friend has showed me her accounts from last year (prepared by a Chartered firm) and this years books (written up by herself, checked by me as I am a book-keeper).
Despite having £3k in debtors at the end of last year and around £16k in the company bank account there is no mention of either on the Balance sheet. The 'cash at bank' figure is only the sum of tax owed plus the accountancy bill plus the shareholding. Is this ok? I was under the impression that the Balance sheet should show a picture of the company's assets at a given moment in time - I have asked the accountant for journals and a bank reconciliation and they tell me they never prepared any. I studied accountancy years ago and this is very different to what I remember! Her dividends recorded are only the amounts that she actually took from the bank during the year so they have not been accounted for "in advance".
I don't want to worry her if I have the wrong end of the stick but shouldn't the Balance sheet state what is in the account at the year end (give or take the debtors and creditors)?
Thanks for anyone who can offer an opinion...
- New client procedure 53 2
- Virtually Impossible 400 7
- On line Remote Training 113 3
- IR35 calc - which months' E'ees NICs and PAYE to include? 163 4
- error on companies house accounts 623 17
- Invoice in directors name - can company claim VAT?? 166 1
- Transfer of stock 141 6
- Reversal of Warranty Provision 202 7
- Do you get your clients to sign their EOY EPS submission? 732 9
- Are these allowable capital expenditures for a jewellery retail shop? 379 12
- FBI2 118 2
- Any Answers changes - feedback required 3,605 116
- Statutory Residence Test - is HMRC Guidance wrong? 1,114 9
- Tolley UK sales number 60 1
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 389 9
- PPR election time limit - change in the number of residences 81 1
- Personal allowance for non-resident 103 2
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 158 2
- Brightpay 108 1
- SAGE 50 - Invoice Date 70 1
- QROP pension input amounts 486
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 462
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 428
- EPS and CIS deductions 283
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 274
- Construction CIS LLP Company 267
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 226
- SAGE winforecast 189
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 183
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 175