Bank account left out of Limited Company Accounts
I may well be one of those annoying book-keepers on the other thread...
My friend has showed me her accounts from last year (prepared by a Chartered firm) and this years books (written up by herself, checked by me as I am a book-keeper).
Despite having £3k in debtors at the end of last year and around £16k in the company bank account there is no mention of either on the Balance sheet. The 'cash at bank' figure is only the sum of tax owed plus the accountancy bill plus the shareholding. Is this ok? I was under the impression that the Balance sheet should show a picture of the company's assets at a given moment in time - I have asked the accountant for journals and a bank reconciliation and they tell me they never prepared any. I studied accountancy years ago and this is very different to what I remember! Her dividends recorded are only the amounts that she actually took from the bank during the year so they have not been accounted for "in advance".
I don't want to worry her if I have the wrong end of the stick but shouldn't the Balance sheet state what is in the account at the year end (give or take the debtors and creditors)?
Thanks for anyone who can offer an opinion...
- Hobby Horse 776 8
- Non resident income. 448 20
- What sectors to target? 605 30
- FYAs on second-hand vans 254 7
- Rent a room scheme query. 180 3
- client can't/won't pay 1,932 41
- Self assesment online 988 11
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 260 21
- Why do I do this every year 408 9
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 300 5
- closing limited company 171 2
- VAT when selling on Amazon 90 1
- HMRC filing meltdown? 516 14
- Childcare voucher schemes 251 9
- IHT and US resident 62 1
- Limited Companies Merger 209 6
- Incidental costs of Acquisition for inherited property/shares 139 1
- Practice management 381 7
- IHT and cash gifts 248 5
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 562 13
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 926
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 646
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 597
- Latest phishing scam 578
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 413
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 311
- Scratch Head 240
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 230
- Sabbatical payments 195
- Negligible Value Claim 173