Bank account left out of Limited Company Accounts
I may well be one of those annoying book-keepers on the other thread...
My friend has showed me her accounts from last year (prepared by a Chartered firm) and this years books (written up by herself, checked by me as I am a book-keeper).
Despite having £3k in debtors at the end of last year and around £16k in the company bank account there is no mention of either on the Balance sheet. The 'cash at bank' figure is only the sum of tax owed plus the accountancy bill plus the shareholding. Is this ok? I was under the impression that the Balance sheet should show a picture of the company's assets at a given moment in time - I have asked the accountant for journals and a bank reconciliation and they tell me they never prepared any. I studied accountancy years ago and this is very different to what I remember! Her dividends recorded are only the amounts that she actually took from the bank during the year so they have not been accounted for "in advance".
I don't want to worry her if I have the wrong end of the stick but shouldn't the Balance sheet state what is in the account at the year end (give or take the debtors and creditors)?
Thanks for anyone who can offer an opinion...
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 678 5
- See you all on the other side 723 6
- 12Pay 483 2
- dividends 667 2
- R&D 337 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,201 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 451 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 435 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 388 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 560 5
- Seeking a tax case 661 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 521 4
- Companies house strike off 594 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 450 2
- Moving to the cloud 760 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 220 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 917 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 223 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,102 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 512 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 566
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 422
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 376
- IRIS and FRS 102 357
- Capitalising Finance Lease 332
- USA help 320
- Marginal rates of tax 318
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 315
- Class 2 NI 300
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 297