Bank account left out of Limited Company Accounts
I may well be one of those annoying book-keepers on the other thread...
My friend has showed me her accounts from last year (prepared by a Chartered firm) and this years books (written up by herself, checked by me as I am a book-keeper).
Despite having £3k in debtors at the end of last year and around £16k in the company bank account there is no mention of either on the Balance sheet. The 'cash at bank' figure is only the sum of tax owed plus the accountancy bill plus the shareholding. Is this ok? I was under the impression that the Balance sheet should show a picture of the company's assets at a given moment in time - I have asked the accountant for journals and a bank reconciliation and they tell me they never prepared any. I studied accountancy years ago and this is very different to what I remember! Her dividends recorded are only the amounts that she actually took from the bank during the year so they have not been accounted for "in advance".
I don't want to worry her if I have the wrong end of the stick but shouldn't the Balance sheet state what is in the account at the year end (give or take the debtors and creditors)?
Thanks for anyone who can offer an opinion...
- Late night meals self employed 192 1
- PPR ELECTION 144 5
- Is there a way around new dividend tax changes? 2,244 15
- Winning clients from retiring accountant - ethics/morals 517 10
- VAN Benefit in Kind - Tax Code 114 1
- Builing a gin palace but wants to rent out for a year first 431 3
- PAYE variance 163 1
- Partnership VAT reg - also applies to partner's INDIVIDUAL income? 187 4
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 515 11
- Mother and son property ownership 460 1
- Resigning as a director 286 8
- Is it okay to make full time drivers self employed? 1,767 22
- Paper partnership return 149 2
- Repayment of Share Capital 303 4
- Asignment of lease and premium paid 197 3
- Over VAT threshold but now ceased trading 328 2
- Reclaim VAT charged by US company 231 2
- Entrepreneurs' Relief - we're too late, aren't we ? 634 6
- Sole Director Limited Company and Childcare..hat is most tax efficient way to do it? 508 6
- Joint arrangement but not an entity (JANE) ?? 254 2
- NHS finance professionals 557
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 371
- Foreign Pension Contribution 335
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 317
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 297
- vat gross profit percentage margins 297
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 273
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 243
- EBT Self Assessment Return 230
- Thinning income 211