Bankruptcy or agreed offer to Inland Revenue
My client, due to personal problems, has only just got round to filing the last 5 year tax returns! The IR has started to threaten bankruptcy over the estimated debt of £52K. The actual debt outstanding following the submission of all returns is now £8.5k.
We have contacted the Revenue to try to put a stop to the bankruptcy and come to some arrangement over the outstanding debt. He cannot afford to pay it all now and has no assets.
The Revenue has asked him to put an offer in writing for them to consider.
Does anyone know what a reasonable offer is bearing in mind he currently has very little work. My client has suggested £500 per month but my feeling is that is too low.
Any comments would be appreciated.
- Receipt bank 331 7
- Investment from Friend 162 9
- Self Assessment and P11D 116 4
- Director remuneration £1000 only in year. paye registration required? 336 4
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 624 23
- Company dividends 543 15
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 162 5
- Directors Salary and Self Assessment (PAYE) 65 1
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 902 38
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,152 15
- Two weeks grace on self assessment where repayment is due? 148 2
- TRONC scheme 103 1
- Advice on letting a client go ? 705 13
- Capital Gains Relief 153 5
- client can't/won't pay 1,607 29
- Identity check problem 1,264 13
- A Director of a Ltd Company let a general Manager run the company, and if anything goes wrong the general manager is responsible? 203 3
- Business Set up cost 111 1
- Aged Debtor 89 1
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 969 34
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 876
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 575
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 541
- Latest phishing scam 474
- Entrepreneurs' relief 423
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 345
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 320
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 243
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 241
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 166