Bankruptcy or agreed offer to Inland Revenue
My client, due to personal problems, has only just got round to filing the last 5 year tax returns! The IR has started to threaten bankruptcy over the estimated debt of £52K. The actual debt outstanding following the submission of all returns is now £8.5k.
We have contacted the Revenue to try to put a stop to the bankruptcy and come to some arrangement over the outstanding debt. He cannot afford to pay it all now and has no assets.
The Revenue has asked him to put an offer in writing for them to consider.
Does anyone know what a reasonable offer is bearing in mind he currently has very little work. My client has suggested £500 per month but my feeling is that is too low.
Any comments would be appreciated.
- Personal Pension Relief in the Tax Code 134 2
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,040 47
- CGT on lost shares/scam 369 4
- Setting up a practice 377 5
- Very large share capital by mistake 493 7
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 453 4
- 24 month rule and expenses 266 1
- Love is in the air 536 6
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 653 17
- Stamp Duty 294 4
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 238 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,805 21
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 589 5
- Incorporation of gp practise 268 1
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 262 9
- Client Paperwork Retention? 573 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 582 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 387 4
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 395 9
- Reimbursing director travel costs 455 6
- DTA tie-breaker issue 301
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 291
- CGT for NOn UK residents 280
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 276
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 254
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 240
- Apprenticeship Levy 238
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 225
- Capital Gains personal representatives 221
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 213