Bankruptcy or agreed offer to Inland Revenue
My client, due to personal problems, has only just got round to filing the last 5 year tax returns! The IR has started to threaten bankruptcy over the estimated debt of £52K. The actual debt outstanding following the submission of all returns is now £8.5k.
We have contacted the Revenue to try to put a stop to the bankruptcy and come to some arrangement over the outstanding debt. He cannot afford to pay it all now and has no assets.
The Revenue has asked him to put an offer in writing for them to consider.
Does anyone know what a reasonable offer is bearing in mind he currently has very little work. My client has suggested £500 per month but my feeling is that is too low.
Any comments would be appreciated.
- How do you value an internet based business 808 11
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 217 6
- Capital repayments 16 1
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 43 1
- business entertaining deductibility 241 2
- Flat Rate VAT 151 1
- SA302 383 8
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 496 6
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 409 8
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 454 5
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 442 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 202 2
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,530 41
- Directors Remunerations and Employees on CT600 153 1
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 259 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,254 19
- Go Cardless 410 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 364 3
- Mehjoo 359 2
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 208 4
- Xtuple 527
- Qtac payroll for bureau 359
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 303
- Industrial & Provident Societies 296
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 241
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 223
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 221
- Domain name sale and limited company 186
- CIS schemes 183
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 161