Bankruptcy or agreed offer to Inland Revenue
My client, due to personal problems, has only just got round to filing the last 5 year tax returns! The IR has started to threaten bankruptcy over the estimated debt of £52K. The actual debt outstanding following the submission of all returns is now £8.5k.
We have contacted the Revenue to try to put a stop to the bankruptcy and come to some arrangement over the outstanding debt. He cannot afford to pay it all now and has no assets.
The Revenue has asked him to put an offer in writing for them to consider.
Does anyone know what a reasonable offer is bearing in mind he currently has very little work. My client has suggested £500 per month but my feeling is that is too low.
Any comments would be appreciated.
- Pension Contributions Relief 88 4
- Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) 125 9
- Professional Indemnity Insurance 619 18
- FRS 102 and loans from a director 317 1
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,462 7
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,862 356
- CIS 172 6
- Lexis Nexis 3 Month Cancellation Notice 143 3
- How to cancel a partnership registration for self assessment 174 9
- VAT1 Form- Question 7 114 5
- VAT registration for self employed dentist??? 383 11
- UTR reallocated by HMRC 325 5
- Sportman claiming for training kit 346 8
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 1,152 21
- Would Director's dividends on non-voting C shares risk being classed as "earnings" for NIC purposes? 344 4
- Why Shoebuy Coupon Shopping Made Easy With These Expert Tips? 195 5
- Accountancy packages for FRS 102 165 4
- Penalties for non-filing of EC Sales List 147 2
- PAYE 117 1
- Mutual trading organisation paying tax for the first time 118 3
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,206
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 418
- National Insurance 322
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 318
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 263
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 245
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 237
- Non Resident 231
- Franchise income and costs 215
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 212