Bankruptcy or agreed offer to Inland Revenue
My client, due to personal problems, has only just got round to filing the last 5 year tax returns! The IR has started to threaten bankruptcy over the estimated debt of £52K. The actual debt outstanding following the submission of all returns is now £8.5k.
We have contacted the Revenue to try to put a stop to the bankruptcy and come to some arrangement over the outstanding debt. He cannot afford to pay it all now and has no assets.
The Revenue has asked him to put an offer in writing for them to consider.
Does anyone know what a reasonable offer is bearing in mind he currently has very little work. My client has suggested £500 per month but my feeling is that is too low.
Any comments would be appreciated.
- Business only use of company car 766 29
- Assets at strike off 37 2
- Treatment of private ambulances on introduction to business 179 5
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 1,114 34
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 387 5
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,199 30
- New Company reviews please 654 16
- Voluntary Disclosure 427 8
- Gift to son by parents 204 1
- valuation of vehicles 498 19
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 301 4
- Director Salaries - Sole Director Limited Company who is also employed elsewhere 225 1
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 436 3
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 470 4
- BTC is slow 320 3
- Director registration for SA question 551 17
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 494 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 523 22
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 535 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 375 4
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 328
- Any thoughts on Capium? 271
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 265
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 251
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 231
- auto enrolment 209
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 189
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 179
- How to account for investment in JV? 170
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 160