BETTER OFF IN BED ?
Can anyone tell me why it is still worthwhile getting out off bed and going to work each day ? Alastair Darling is certainly making it harder and harder to answer that quesion.
I still do it - but I'm beginning to feel like a total mug.
Perhaps Simon Sweetman or Richard Murphy from the "Hang 'em and Flog 'em" high tax brigade can tell us how paying ever more money to the state will motivate an ever diminishing number of workers to keep going ? Or is that merely another bedtime story ?
- Stand alone practice management software 1,940 30
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 276 5
- bookkeeping system 649 9
- Legal advisor recommendation please 135 3
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,213 10
- HMRC Postal Delays 233 7
- Landing clients 672 21
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 504 6
- Signed accounts for bank 495 10
- Non-Taxable Expenses Reimbursement 103 3
- Time to react ? ? ? 646 6
- Dividends allowed on ordinary shares transferred during the year?? 129 2
- Dividends 133 3
- Closure of PAYE scheme 123 1
- cash the returned VAT cheque 323 3
- Rent a room for half a year, fully let for the other half? 120 1
- Termination Payment 419 14
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 202 6
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 301 4
- Business lending another business money (UK) 220 5