Beware - clients tax statement errors!
Have any other readers come across this particular problem?
We have just received our 600 or so clients statement of accounts and I have noticed that out of the first 200 I have reviewed at least 4 clients addresses seem to have changed back to addresses that they vacated at least 6-7 years ago. I have phoned HMRC and alerted them of this - it seems that all the addresses have been changed by the Revenue computer but no-one seems to know why at present. This creates a problem in that this Junes statements are now being sent to obsolete address - even though past statements have gone to the correct addresses!! This of course may hinder some clients in paying the tax due at the end of July 2007!
Is this just me or is this going to be a nationwide issue?
- Community Faux Pas 341 16
- Here we go.... 61 3
- Practical experience 701 14
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 290 5
- check v enquiry v discovery 164 2
- Amend a 2010/11 return 280 4
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,320 23
- Owner director gym membership 231 6
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 187 6
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 1,860 34
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,519 36
- Tax Fines - HMRC 594 8
- Has this payroll data been created retrospectively? 175 2
- Autumn statement predictions 834 9
- Travelling expenses 168 3
- Exemption from CGT 451 12
- J10 - stock transfer form 109 2
- Post AAT? 470 1
- Do I need to register for VAT 220 11
- Invoices raised after company dissolution 137 3