Beware - clients tax statement errors!
Have any other readers come across this particular problem?
We have just received our 600 or so clients statement of accounts and I have noticed that out of the first 200 I have reviewed at least 4 clients addresses seem to have changed back to addresses that they vacated at least 6-7 years ago. I have phoned HMRC and alerted them of this - it seems that all the addresses have been changed by the Revenue computer but no-one seems to know why at present. This creates a problem in that this Junes statements are now being sent to obsolete address - even though past statements have gone to the correct addresses!! This of course may hinder some clients in paying the tax due at the end of July 2007!
Is this just me or is this going to be a nationwide issue?
- Family Partnership 253 8
- flat rate scheme 2,344 50
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 147 2
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 151 5
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 110 4
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 316 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 129 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 61 2
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 183 4
- Signed accounts for bank 642 14
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 836 12
- Business lending another business money (UK) 292 7
- Deferring dividends on paper 173 5
- VAT Query on new build 109 1
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 98 1
- P11D Car Value 263 6
- NOVA declaration 107 1
- Business valuation advice 709 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,512 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,227 23