Big Four or Grant Thornton for future prospects?? Need advice from those in practice and industry.
I'm currently a third year economics student who has offered graduate positions in Audit at 2 Big Four firms and Grant Thornton.
I am currently drawn to Grant Thornton, due to broader range of experience, better training towards ACA, possible future growth increasing scope to rise through the ranks quicker. Also, the fact they work with a large number of AIM clients increasing scope to work as an FD in these as they grow. However, I'm drawn to the Big Four solely due to their reputation as a Big Four firm and FTSE 100 clients.
If I was to opt for Grant Thornton, will it inhibit my future career prospects and exit opportunities? For example, If I want to join a FTSE 100 as a FD or maybe move across to a Banks finance department or maybe front office.
I've tried to ask careers advisors at my university but they do not know that much about the profession. If anyone in practice or industry can let me know their thoughts or experience of the issue, it would be much appreciated. I will be getting my ACA from all 3 firms also.
Also, in regards to Grant Thornton, with all the current talk of audit reform, what do you think are its future growth prospects compared to the big four?
Thanks a lot!
- Any reasons for a dissolved company to comply with HMRC requesting Corporation Tax and Tax Returns 427 18
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,239 17
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 189 4
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,012 25
- VAT FRS for a Formula 2 Racing Driver 265 8
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 210 6
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 199 3
- Should training costs being reclaimed be deducted from gross or net salary 247 4
- Claiming accommodation as employment expense? 98 1
- Sage Line 50 86 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,930 58
- mileage claim via self assessment - how far back? 138 2
- HMRC Post 338 5
- Freelance/Employee 574 14
- Can you have two types of sales? Sales with VAT and Sale without VAT? 533 11
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 335 8
- Employment Allowance 378 3
- RBS advising client they don't want his business 2,417 13
- Auto-enrolment staging dates, letters etc 213 4
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 995 21
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 400
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 370
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 344
- Electric Car 282
- S222 Charge 233
- IP trans to holding company 181
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 177
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 166
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 163
- AIA 153