Big Four or Grant Thornton for future prospects?? Need advice from those in practice and industry.
I'm currently a third year economics student who has offered graduate positions in Audit at 2 Big Four firms and Grant Thornton.
I am currently drawn to Grant Thornton, due to broader range of experience, better training towards ACA, possible future growth increasing scope to rise through the ranks quicker. Also, the fact they work with a large number of AIM clients increasing scope to work as an FD in these as they grow. However, I'm drawn to the Big Four solely due to their reputation as a Big Four firm and FTSE 100 clients.
If I was to opt for Grant Thornton, will it inhibit my future career prospects and exit opportunities? For example, If I want to join a FTSE 100 as a FD or maybe move across to a Banks finance department or maybe front office.
I've tried to ask careers advisors at my university but they do not know that much about the profession. If anyone in practice or industry can let me know their thoughts or experience of the issue, it would be much appreciated. I will be getting my ACA from all 3 firms also.
Also, in regards to Grant Thornton, with all the current talk of audit reform, what do you think are its future growth prospects compared to the big four?
Thanks a lot!
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 209 2
- H&W company 168 3
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 138 3
- tax teatment of index linked mortgage repayment 156 2
- Gift or Capital Gain? 256 7
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 53 1
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 779 32
- Classic cars investment 214 6
- BrightPay 573 16
- VAT silly question 2,378 56
- Are sheepdog winnings taxable? 1,077 10
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 257 5
- Federation Accounts 359 10
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 540 8
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 289 5
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 160 2
- Late reply from HMRC 259 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 290 6
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 2,672 34
- How long to prepare monthly management accounts 1,428 22
- Benchmarking 487
- Possible Partnership? 428
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 406
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 406
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 346
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 205
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 202
- Clubs and Taxable Income 187
- Income tax on foreign dividends 187
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 182