Big Four or Grant Thornton for future prospects?? Need advice from those in practice and industry.
I'm currently a third year economics student who has offered graduate positions in Audit at 2 Big Four firms and Grant Thornton.
I am currently drawn to Grant Thornton, due to broader range of experience, better training towards ACA, possible future growth increasing scope to rise through the ranks quicker. Also, the fact they work with a large number of AIM clients increasing scope to work as an FD in these as they grow. However, I'm drawn to the Big Four solely due to their reputation as a Big Four firm and FTSE 100 clients.
If I was to opt for Grant Thornton, will it inhibit my future career prospects and exit opportunities? For example, If I want to join a FTSE 100 as a FD or maybe move across to a Banks finance department or maybe front office.
I've tried to ask careers advisors at my university but they do not know that much about the profession. If anyone in practice or industry can let me know their thoughts or experience of the issue, it would be much appreciated. I will be getting my ACA from all 3 firms also.
Also, in regards to Grant Thornton, with all the current talk of audit reform, what do you think are its future growth prospects compared to the big four?
Thanks a lot!
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 427 15
- Cashflow forecasting software 63 2
- Inflation and fees 1,083 19
- Changing shareholding ratio 186 6
- What happens when a customer with PPD pays late? 90 2
- Capital allowances not claimed 49 2
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 242 1
- Community Interest Company 109 3
- Redundancy Pay 396 5
- Physiotherapy 141 2
- Advice please! 291 1
- Unusual marketing ideas for accountants 675 6
- Do we have to honour her notice? 589 5
- Stand alone practice management software 1,273 21
- SSAS Pension scheme 104 1
- Sage Cheque Printing - Still in the dark ages! 98 1
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 324 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 579 13
- Do I need to see receipts ? 766 11
- ICPA 531 8