Big Four or Grant Thornton for future prospects?? Need advice from those in practice and industry.
I'm currently a third year economics student who has offered graduate positions in Audit at 2 Big Four firms and Grant Thornton.
I am currently drawn to Grant Thornton, due to broader range of experience, better training towards ACA, possible future growth increasing scope to rise through the ranks quicker. Also, the fact they work with a large number of AIM clients increasing scope to work as an FD in these as they grow. However, I'm drawn to the Big Four solely due to their reputation as a Big Four firm and FTSE 100 clients.
If I was to opt for Grant Thornton, will it inhibit my future career prospects and exit opportunities? For example, If I want to join a FTSE 100 as a FD or maybe move across to a Banks finance department or maybe front office.
I've tried to ask careers advisors at my university but they do not know that much about the profession. If anyone in practice or industry can let me know their thoughts or experience of the issue, it would be much appreciated. I will be getting my ACA from all 3 firms also.
Also, in regards to Grant Thornton, with all the current talk of audit reform, what do you think are its future growth prospects compared to the big four?
Thanks a lot!
- Directors, service companies and national minimum wage (NMW) - Profit extraction 351 11
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 1,129 24
- IHT400 or IHT205 - disagree with solicitor 93 1
- Amending 13-14 sole trader return to reflect increased profit in 14-15 240 4
- I forgiven loan an Output? 137 2
- V T Software 118 2
- Thinning income 325 3
- How do I know if I have to apply a reverse charge mechanism 108 3
- SA302's - What's the deal? 326 4
- tax credits 225 4
- Past rental expenses 96 1
- What do do about VAT? 526 15
- Buying a company for £2000 from owner how it works? 265 5
- Not a question but made my day 1,131 22
- Vat Exemption moving to a partnership 184 2
- Allowable for Corporation Tax? 202 4
- Audacity 1,318 22
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 692 8
- partnership first tax return 150 1
- Payroll got out of synch 387 11
- NHS finance professionals 593
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 389
- Foreign Pension Contribution 362
- vat gross profit percentage margins 333
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 323
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 303
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 271
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 224
- IFA income recognition & reporting 198
- Incorporating doctors 192