Big Four or Grant Thornton for future prospects?? Need advice from those in practice and industry.
I'm currently a third year economics student who has offered graduate positions in Audit at 2 Big Four firms and Grant Thornton.
I am currently drawn to Grant Thornton, due to broader range of experience, better training towards ACA, possible future growth increasing scope to rise through the ranks quicker. Also, the fact they work with a large number of AIM clients increasing scope to work as an FD in these as they grow. However, I'm drawn to the Big Four solely due to their reputation as a Big Four firm and FTSE 100 clients.
If I was to opt for Grant Thornton, will it inhibit my future career prospects and exit opportunities? For example, If I want to join a FTSE 100 as a FD or maybe move across to a Banks finance department or maybe front office.
I've tried to ask careers advisors at my university but they do not know that much about the profession. If anyone in practice or industry can let me know their thoughts or experience of the issue, it would be much appreciated. I will be getting my ACA from all 3 firms also.
Also, in regards to Grant Thornton, with all the current talk of audit reform, what do you think are its future growth prospects compared to the big four?
Thanks a lot!
- Goods Purchased for Rental 325 9
- accounts & tax software for small accountancy firms 640 23
- Myfirmsapp 587 13
- Valuation of business 240 4
- CGT implications for gift of shares to connected person 94 4
- Dividend Payments 337 9
- Capital allowances anti-avoidance 41 2
- I.d for vat registration 99 6
- Filing past due corporation tax returns 265 1
- Completing Self-Assessment for a Director of Owner Managed Business 139 3
- CIS Deductions 89 2
- SA302's anyone?? 2,629 40
- Accounting for VAT not yet paid in year end 110 3
- Loan to Partnership is s455 tax relevant? 467 17
- Legal Counsel PC costs 58 1
- High Income Child Benefit 117 2
- Fees for sale 352 6
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 2,611 24
- Share premium or Directors Loan 653 28
- Taxfiler V's BTC 486 18
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,007
- International interest certificate 586
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 506
- NOVA 470
- Bonus Bonds 354
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 327
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 257
- Payment for Promotional Samples 225
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 221
- Quickbooks 2015 145