Big Four or Grant Thornton for future prospects?? Need advice from those in practice and industry.
I'm currently a third year economics student who has offered graduate positions in Audit at 2 Big Four firms and Grant Thornton.
I am currently drawn to Grant Thornton, due to broader range of experience, better training towards ACA, possible future growth increasing scope to rise through the ranks quicker. Also, the fact they work with a large number of AIM clients increasing scope to work as an FD in these as they grow. However, I'm drawn to the Big Four solely due to their reputation as a Big Four firm and FTSE 100 clients.
If I was to opt for Grant Thornton, will it inhibit my future career prospects and exit opportunities? For example, If I want to join a FTSE 100 as a FD or maybe move across to a Banks finance department or maybe front office.
I've tried to ask careers advisors at my university but they do not know that much about the profession. If anyone in practice or industry can let me know their thoughts or experience of the issue, it would be much appreciated. I will be getting my ACA from all 3 firms also.
Also, in regards to Grant Thornton, with all the current talk of audit reform, what do you think are its future growth prospects compared to the big four?
Thanks a lot!
- How much does the company pay 800 35
- Which tax returns can I submit? 139 4
- Cocaine anyone? 881 14
- HMRC property income enquiry 437 10
- Proof of identification 105 2
- Anyone else still working this week? 450 14
- When to provide S419 tax in the accounts 132 4
- Sole Trader change of accounting date 119 1
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 296 5
- Using home as clients registered address 211 4
- Childcare vouchers 366 8
- Is this a qualifying loan for interest deductions? 88 2
- New Enterprise Allowance 85 1
- VAT Notice 700/64 - claiming VAT on motor repairs 79 1
- two business from one premises 187 3
- VAT transfer on going concern on incorporation 63 1
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 248 4
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 368 4
- Merry Christmas 146 2
- THEATRE SHOW - HIRE - VAT PAYABLE ON TICKET SALES 104 3
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 509
- corporate hierarchy 478
- Advice - 328
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 277
- WWOOFers 266
- The booking.com con 250
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 248
- Cocaine anyone? 234
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 226
- UK State pension paid in NZ 178