Big Four or Grant Thornton for future prospects?? Need advice from those in practice and industry.
I'm currently a third year economics student who has offered graduate positions in Audit at 2 Big Four firms and Grant Thornton.
I am currently drawn to Grant Thornton, due to broader range of experience, better training towards ACA, possible future growth increasing scope to rise through the ranks quicker. Also, the fact they work with a large number of AIM clients increasing scope to work as an FD in these as they grow. However, I'm drawn to the Big Four solely due to their reputation as a Big Four firm and FTSE 100 clients.
If I was to opt for Grant Thornton, will it inhibit my future career prospects and exit opportunities? For example, If I want to join a FTSE 100 as a FD or maybe move across to a Banks finance department or maybe front office.
I've tried to ask careers advisors at my university but they do not know that much about the profession. If anyone in practice or industry can let me know their thoughts or experience of the issue, it would be much appreciated. I will be getting my ACA from all 3 firms also.
Also, in regards to Grant Thornton, with all the current talk of audit reform, what do you think are its future growth prospects compared to the big four?
Thanks a lot!
- Rogue Accountant 2,822 46
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,535 71
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 5,283 19
- HMRC Scam 243 2
- Departments in Sage 50 86 1
- Where has Portia gone? 682 25
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 214 2
- HMRC, YouTube, ITTOIA... 319 4
- Capital Gains? 257 2
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 103 1
- Partial Exemption relating to a multi academy trust 73 1
- Is it possible to have an excel link to a different dated excel file 448 9
- Taxation of serviced offices 127 2
- AIA - new period 220 1
- Self assessment question 1,160 48
- Major Works Invoice to Rental Property 376 9
- What is the base cost of this asset for CGT? 265 3
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 856 20
- Dividend Tax Rate 442 8
- Ex Wives Club 547 13
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 773
- RTI - duplicate employee record 509
- Pensions Regulator 438
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 394
- Sage Vat return box 2 296
- Sanzar 296
- Digital marketing focus group 277
- How do you do it 264
- Report old income 227
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 226