Big Four or Grant Thornton for future prospects?? Need advice from those in practice and industry.
I'm currently a third year economics student who has offered graduate positions in Audit at 2 Big Four firms and Grant Thornton.
I am currently drawn to Grant Thornton, due to broader range of experience, better training towards ACA, possible future growth increasing scope to rise through the ranks quicker. Also, the fact they work with a large number of AIM clients increasing scope to work as an FD in these as they grow. However, I'm drawn to the Big Four solely due to their reputation as a Big Four firm and FTSE 100 clients.
If I was to opt for Grant Thornton, will it inhibit my future career prospects and exit opportunities? For example, If I want to join a FTSE 100 as a FD or maybe move across to a Banks finance department or maybe front office.
I've tried to ask careers advisors at my university but they do not know that much about the profession. If anyone in practice or industry can let me know their thoughts or experience of the issue, it would be much appreciated. I will be getting my ACA from all 3 firms also.
Also, in regards to Grant Thornton, with all the current talk of audit reform, what do you think are its future growth prospects compared to the big four?
Thanks a lot!
- Creative Auto Enrolment 621 9
- Probate services 536 16
- Bankstream 1,162 27
- Disengagement Help! 1,113 18
- Cash gift from India 378 12
- Corporation Tax releif for stolen "Bond" 45 1
- Account and Taxable Profit 486 21
- Stamp Duty Land Tax changes 111 2
- Accounting for corporation tax 433 9
- loan for one of the associated companies 161 9
- Is a deposit received on a failed property transaction in France taxable 145 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 1,095 20
- nominee shareholder 126 1
- True Potential AE 116 1
- Maternity and claining expenses 491 5
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 337 7
- Bad Debt 105 1
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 516 27
- Unpaid fees 217 5
- MVL 221 3