Big Four or Grant Thornton for future prospects?? Need advice from those in practice and industry.
I'm currently a third year economics student who has offered graduate positions in Audit at 2 Big Four firms and Grant Thornton.
I am currently drawn to Grant Thornton, due to broader range of experience, better training towards ACA, possible future growth increasing scope to rise through the ranks quicker. Also, the fact they work with a large number of AIM clients increasing scope to work as an FD in these as they grow. However, I'm drawn to the Big Four solely due to their reputation as a Big Four firm and FTSE 100 clients.
If I was to opt for Grant Thornton, will it inhibit my future career prospects and exit opportunities? For example, If I want to join a FTSE 100 as a FD or maybe move across to a Banks finance department or maybe front office.
I've tried to ask careers advisors at my university but they do not know that much about the profession. If anyone in practice or industry can let me know their thoughts or experience of the issue, it would be much appreciated. I will be getting my ACA from all 3 firms also.
Also, in regards to Grant Thornton, with all the current talk of audit reform, what do you think are its future growth prospects compared to the big four?
Thanks a lot!
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 562 12
- Scams are not always obvious 2,230 36
- New ACCOUNTINGQUESTIONS website launching 180 3
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,453 21
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 157 2
- What do you all do in your spare time? 818 33
- VAT flat rate scheme 58 1
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 275 4
- Need some help on importing procedures and VAT 76 1
- JUDGE FRAUD ALERT 178 2
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 2,063 19
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 395 6
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 137 1
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 204 3
- FPS or EPS 153 2
- Continuity of Practice 206 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 132 2
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 316 10
- Financial statements accounting policies 249 5
- Does Members voluntary liquidation require change of year end 172 3
- Moving away from CCH software 951
- QROP pension input amounts 438
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 380
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 355
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 323
- fraud 283
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 255
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 225
- Construction CIS LLP Company 210
- EPS and CIS deductions 197