Big Four or Grant Thornton for future prospects?? Need advice from those in practice and industry.
I'm currently a third year economics student who has offered graduate positions in Audit at 2 Big Four firms and Grant Thornton.
I am currently drawn to Grant Thornton, due to broader range of experience, better training towards ACA, possible future growth increasing scope to rise through the ranks quicker. Also, the fact they work with a large number of AIM clients increasing scope to work as an FD in these as they grow. However, I'm drawn to the Big Four solely due to their reputation as a Big Four firm and FTSE 100 clients.
If I was to opt for Grant Thornton, will it inhibit my future career prospects and exit opportunities? For example, If I want to join a FTSE 100 as a FD or maybe move across to a Banks finance department or maybe front office.
I've tried to ask careers advisors at my university but they do not know that much about the profession. If anyone in practice or industry can let me know their thoughts or experience of the issue, it would be much appreciated. I will be getting my ACA from all 3 firms also.
Also, in regards to Grant Thornton, with all the current talk of audit reform, what do you think are its future growth prospects compared to the big four?
Thanks a lot!
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 689 5
- See you all on the other side 727 6
- 12Pay 493 2
- dividends 684 2
- R&D 344 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,206 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 458 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 449 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 401 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 562 5
- Seeking a tax case 669 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 533 4
- Companies house strike off 610 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 456 2
- Moving to the cloud 765 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 224 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 925 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 226 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,109 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 517 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 570
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 424
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 378
- IRIS and FRS 102 359
- Capitalising Finance Lease 337
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 333
- USA help 324
- Marginal rates of tax 323
- Class 2 NI 310
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 300