Big Four or Grant Thornton for future prospects?? Need advice from those in practice and industry.
I'm currently a third year economics student who has offered graduate positions in Audit at 2 Big Four firms and Grant Thornton.
I am currently drawn to Grant Thornton, due to broader range of experience, better training towards ACA, possible future growth increasing scope to rise through the ranks quicker. Also, the fact they work with a large number of AIM clients increasing scope to work as an FD in these as they grow. However, I'm drawn to the Big Four solely due to their reputation as a Big Four firm and FTSE 100 clients.
If I was to opt for Grant Thornton, will it inhibit my future career prospects and exit opportunities? For example, If I want to join a FTSE 100 as a FD or maybe move across to a Banks finance department or maybe front office.
I've tried to ask careers advisors at my university but they do not know that much about the profession. If anyone in practice or industry can let me know their thoughts or experience of the issue, it would be much appreciated. I will be getting my ACA from all 3 firms also.
Also, in regards to Grant Thornton, with all the current talk of audit reform, what do you think are its future growth prospects compared to the big four?
Thanks a lot!
- Email encryption 1,400 15
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,188 22
- What's the best software for this? 405 3
- Next Move 734 21
- Zoho Books 167 1
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 242 3
- Self-assessment statistics 2,492 59
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 315 5
- Transmission of ISA 139 2
- Bench-marking software, any ideas? 220 2
- Not renewing AAT 686 9
- CGT of shares gifted 389 6
- New dividend taxation 535 3
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,819 51
- Co purchase printed materials from EU - VAT 185 1
- Company car v company allowance 312 1
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 444 9
- Company formation and bank account 467 9
- Owning overseas property 372 2
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 295 1
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 673
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 412
- Property letting & CAs 405
- 2015 tax year end 401
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 399
- FCA regulated company in a small group 349
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 324
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 244
- Costly Accounting Software contract 230
- DTA tie-breaker issue 221