Big Four or Grant Thornton for future prospects?? Need advice from those in practice and industry.
I'm currently a third year economics student who has offered graduate positions in Audit at 2 Big Four firms and Grant Thornton.
I am currently drawn to Grant Thornton, due to broader range of experience, better training towards ACA, possible future growth increasing scope to rise through the ranks quicker. Also, the fact they work with a large number of AIM clients increasing scope to work as an FD in these as they grow. However, I'm drawn to the Big Four solely due to their reputation as a Big Four firm and FTSE 100 clients.
If I was to opt for Grant Thornton, will it inhibit my future career prospects and exit opportunities? For example, If I want to join a FTSE 100 as a FD or maybe move across to a Banks finance department or maybe front office.
I've tried to ask careers advisors at my university but they do not know that much about the profession. If anyone in practice or industry can let me know their thoughts or experience of the issue, it would be much appreciated. I will be getting my ACA from all 3 firms also.
Also, in regards to Grant Thornton, with all the current talk of audit reform, what do you think are its future growth prospects compared to the big four?
Thanks a lot!
- *Urgent pls advise * filing dormant accounts to Companies House 329 16
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 392 13
- Who can wind up a Promissory Trust? 50 1
- Website development costs - tax and accounting treatment 183 2
- MAAT signing off ACCA PER? 268 2
- Amazon - digital book sales 179 1
- tax insider 291 4
- Builder Gifted Deposit and capital gains 416 13
- Auto-Enrolment 197 3
- Annual subs 160 2
- Statement of Earnings, no P45 149 2
- Expenses paid by director (the owner) 178 2
- Mileage and Self Assessment 156 1
- ICAEW professional subscription and tax implications 217 4
- CGT Relief on Share Sale in LTD company 332 5
- Problems filing paper copies of accounts / computations with HMRC 494 9
- Payroll Manager not reoprting properly 318 7
- Directors remuneration declared after year end PAYE/NIC 603 25
- Advice please on best way forward 442 6
- I received penalty as I didn't submit full payment submission (fps), how to correct it? 347 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,410
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 721
- Any views 660
- HMRC Employers Diary 493
- International interest certificate 409
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 367
- Sale of business 313
- NOVA 224
- IR35 & Managed Service Companies 219
- Advertising services? 217