Big Four or Grant Thornton for future prospects?? Need advice from those in practice and industry.
I'm currently a third year economics student who has offered graduate positions in Audit at 2 Big Four firms and Grant Thornton.
I am currently drawn to Grant Thornton, due to broader range of experience, better training towards ACA, possible future growth increasing scope to rise through the ranks quicker. Also, the fact they work with a large number of AIM clients increasing scope to work as an FD in these as they grow. However, I'm drawn to the Big Four solely due to their reputation as a Big Four firm and FTSE 100 clients.
If I was to opt for Grant Thornton, will it inhibit my future career prospects and exit opportunities? For example, If I want to join a FTSE 100 as a FD or maybe move across to a Banks finance department or maybe front office.
I've tried to ask careers advisors at my university but they do not know that much about the profession. If anyone in practice or industry can let me know their thoughts or experience of the issue, it would be much appreciated. I will be getting my ACA from all 3 firms also.
Also, in regards to Grant Thornton, with all the current talk of audit reform, what do you think are its future growth prospects compared to the big four?
Thanks a lot!
- Director drawings 232 17
- Childcare voucher schemes 36 3
- Charitable Company's Accounts 67 2
- What sectors to target? 113 4
- Adding employers clients on LinkedIn 21 1
- client can't/won't pay 1,849 40
- Interest Relief 152 5
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 479 28
- What is the treatment of gains on sale of Options granted in Belgium 32 1
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 1,567 54
- Rental losses 116 3
- Should i tell HMRC 1,564 14
- IRIS opentax login problems?! 289 2
- Has anyone experience of BPRA? 144 3
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 218 8
- Carrying forward self employment losses 177 8
- Client forgot to sign paper return and has gone on holidays 537 19
- Child Benefit Higher Income Tax Charge 125 3
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 98 2
- Balancing allowance/charge calculation on cessation of self-employment 62 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 900
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 599
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 569
- Latest phishing scam 525
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 371
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 338
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 278
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 197
- Capital allowances in first basis period 178
- Sabbatical payments 169