Big Four or Grant Thornton for future prospects?? Need advice from those in practice and industry.
I'm currently a third year economics student who has offered graduate positions in Audit at 2 Big Four firms and Grant Thornton.
I am currently drawn to Grant Thornton, due to broader range of experience, better training towards ACA, possible future growth increasing scope to rise through the ranks quicker. Also, the fact they work with a large number of AIM clients increasing scope to work as an FD in these as they grow. However, I'm drawn to the Big Four solely due to their reputation as a Big Four firm and FTSE 100 clients.
If I was to opt for Grant Thornton, will it inhibit my future career prospects and exit opportunities? For example, If I want to join a FTSE 100 as a FD or maybe move across to a Banks finance department or maybe front office.
I've tried to ask careers advisors at my university but they do not know that much about the profession. If anyone in practice or industry can let me know their thoughts or experience of the issue, it would be much appreciated. I will be getting my ACA from all 3 firms also.
Also, in regards to Grant Thornton, with all the current talk of audit reform, what do you think are its future growth prospects compared to the big four?
Thanks a lot!
- IHT dilemma 1,140 17
- Tax return software for remote working 207 3
- Recharge for private use of a company car 328 7
- Are clients getting more stupid? 1,173 19
- CGT 316 14
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 302 1
- Interest paid to non-UK company - Deduction 95 2
- Accounts production software license expiry & possible alternatives 254 5
- Compliance check 485 13
- sole trader accountant 747 14
- Entrepreneurs Relief 387 15
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 598 21
- More AE! 478 11
- How to classify an asset 138 3
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 269 2
- when a charity makes a donation.... 171 4
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 117 2
- Statement of turnover template 181 4
- CGT 114 1
- Importers 209 3
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,067
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 776
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 455
- Digita Hosted Software 277
- Call Centre Data Costs 246
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 212
- Credit where credit's due....... 203
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 196
- Married Couples Allowance wasted? 180
- Director phone costs 138