Big Four or Grant Thornton for future prospects?? Need advice from those in practice and industry.
I'm currently a third year economics student who has offered graduate positions in Audit at 2 Big Four firms and Grant Thornton.
I am currently drawn to Grant Thornton, due to broader range of experience, better training towards ACA, possible future growth increasing scope to rise through the ranks quicker. Also, the fact they work with a large number of AIM clients increasing scope to work as an FD in these as they grow. However, I'm drawn to the Big Four solely due to their reputation as a Big Four firm and FTSE 100 clients.
If I was to opt for Grant Thornton, will it inhibit my future career prospects and exit opportunities? For example, If I want to join a FTSE 100 as a FD or maybe move across to a Banks finance department or maybe front office.
I've tried to ask careers advisors at my university but they do not know that much about the profession. If anyone in practice or industry can let me know their thoughts or experience of the issue, it would be much appreciated. I will be getting my ACA from all 3 firms also.
Also, in regards to Grant Thornton, with all the current talk of audit reform, what do you think are its future growth prospects compared to the big four?
Thanks a lot!
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 42 1
- Sole Trader business 139 1
- Transfer of sole trade to ltd co 140 1
- How will the taxation of non-residents landlord work? 136 1
- The Cotter Case 155 1
- Giving a seminar 671 36
- Tax position on lease extension 172 1
- Boffin of the Year 281 10
- deleting customers on Sage 50 213 8
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 230 4
- Sage Depreciation 71 1
- Non sequitur 239 2
- Am i Liable? 864 21
- Sale of business being paid by deferred payments by buyer 166 1
- tax relief for the cost of trade marks 153 1
- Interest on main residence mortgage then lent to a company 69 1
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 469 10
- HMRC Accounts Office - waiting an hour! 101 1
- Very Difficult to type on Aweb again 108 2
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 923 15
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,291
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 637
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 420
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 330
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 257
- Alphabet shares 218
- Agent fees to sell business 211
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 205
- Office recharges 168
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 145