Big Four or Grant Thornton for future prospects?? Need advice from those in practice and industry.
I'm currently a third year economics student who has offered graduate positions in Audit at 2 Big Four firms and Grant Thornton.
I am currently drawn to Grant Thornton, due to broader range of experience, better training towards ACA, possible future growth increasing scope to rise through the ranks quicker. Also, the fact they work with a large number of AIM clients increasing scope to work as an FD in these as they grow. However, I'm drawn to the Big Four solely due to their reputation as a Big Four firm and FTSE 100 clients.
If I was to opt for Grant Thornton, will it inhibit my future career prospects and exit opportunities? For example, If I want to join a FTSE 100 as a FD or maybe move across to a Banks finance department or maybe front office.
I've tried to ask careers advisors at my university but they do not know that much about the profession. If anyone in practice or industry can let me know their thoughts or experience of the issue, it would be much appreciated. I will be getting my ACA from all 3 firms also.
Also, in regards to Grant Thornton, with all the current talk of audit reform, what do you think are its future growth prospects compared to the big four?
Thanks a lot!
- Help with Mortgage Application? 472 7
- planning to be self employed bookkeeper what do i need to do before i start? 162 3
- Any Scottish members out there? 7,607 283
- Disclosure of pending convertible loan notes? 211 10
- Standard 'email' template system 874 14
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 459 9
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,026 14
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 214 4
- Irish VAT Deferred payment 87 1
- Circular shareholding 228 6
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 188 6
- business card address 298 8
- VAT relief eligibilty for charity buying minibus 213 2
- Declined for business bank account 223 4
- Loan to a related company 101 1
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 655 26
- Repairs after a rental business ends 331 10
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 266 8
- property rental income split 125 1
- Expenses of overseas employment 136 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,112
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 365
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 300
- National Insurance 269
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 239
- Payments on account coded out?? 228
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 220
- Non Resident 186
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 178
- Franchise income and costs 175