Big Four or Grant Thornton for future prospects?? Need advice from those in practice and industry.
I'm currently a third year economics student who has offered graduate positions in Audit at 2 Big Four firms and Grant Thornton.
I am currently drawn to Grant Thornton, due to broader range of experience, better training towards ACA, possible future growth increasing scope to rise through the ranks quicker. Also, the fact they work with a large number of AIM clients increasing scope to work as an FD in these as they grow. However, I'm drawn to the Big Four solely due to their reputation as a Big Four firm and FTSE 100 clients.
If I was to opt for Grant Thornton, will it inhibit my future career prospects and exit opportunities? For example, If I want to join a FTSE 100 as a FD or maybe move across to a Banks finance department or maybe front office.
I've tried to ask careers advisors at my university but they do not know that much about the profession. If anyone in practice or industry can let me know their thoughts or experience of the issue, it would be much appreciated. I will be getting my ACA from all 3 firms also.
Also, in regards to Grant Thornton, with all the current talk of audit reform, what do you think are its future growth prospects compared to the big four?
Thanks a lot!
- Getting hassle from client 98 3
- Rowing Machine - allowable company asset? 134 3
- How do I answer a W-8BEN-E question (USA IRS) 101 1
- Is paying for hotel for employee to work at office taxable? 125 2
- RTI - are HMRC picking any numbers? 318 3
- Corporation tax on gains from one company to another 293 11
- Can anyone recommend a fax send/receive service which I can use via email? 240 7
- Entrepreneur's Relief - Disposal over a period of time 192 3
- Late RTI filing re SMP 135 3
- Self Help Accountancy Book for Client 206 3
- VAT registration on digital services supplied outside UK within EU 114 6
- Additional information attached to accounts 215 2
- CIS Software 134 1
- Company assets 373 16
- MoneySoft 198 2
- Best way to advise a limited company client 129 1
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 667 10
- Payroll cessation and missing overtime 151 2
- Self assessment 161 1
- Claiming VAT 162 2
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 506
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 483
- Is there anything wrong with this? 282
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 269
- Uncommercial property business 249
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 206
- Registering online CWF1 187
- VAT - registration needed? 184
- Zoho software in small accounting and bookkeeping practice 184
- Accrued income scheme 183