Big Four or Grant Thornton for future prospects?? Need advice from those in practice and industry.
I'm currently a third year economics student who has offered graduate positions in Audit at 2 Big Four firms and Grant Thornton.
I am currently drawn to Grant Thornton, due to broader range of experience, better training towards ACA, possible future growth increasing scope to rise through the ranks quicker. Also, the fact they work with a large number of AIM clients increasing scope to work as an FD in these as they grow. However, I'm drawn to the Big Four solely due to their reputation as a Big Four firm and FTSE 100 clients.
If I was to opt for Grant Thornton, will it inhibit my future career prospects and exit opportunities? For example, If I want to join a FTSE 100 as a FD or maybe move across to a Banks finance department or maybe front office.
I've tried to ask careers advisors at my university but they do not know that much about the profession. If anyone in practice or industry can let me know their thoughts or experience of the issue, it would be much appreciated. I will be getting my ACA from all 3 firms also.
Also, in regards to Grant Thornton, with all the current talk of audit reform, what do you think are its future growth prospects compared to the big four?
Thanks a lot!
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,603 70
- Do I need a smartphone? 648 22
- Incorporated when they should not have 191 7
- Help with HMRC investigation 63 2
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 70 2
- Tax position re this lease? 344 8
- Reasonable excuse for not filing returns....Death? 311 5
- AWeb - download file 106 2
- pension paid by company? 314 8
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 727 17
- Late annual return 106 1
- Charity work 206 10
- Company Director In Prison 367 8
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 222 12
- HMRC Agents Line 123 2
- Managing Employee Expenses 174 6
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,684 60
- inheritance tax 563 14
- donations to school via self employed business (registered charity) 164 5
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 74 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 672
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 498
- Cancelled 424
- Cancelled 363
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 361
- Probiz 333
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 322
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 242
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 214
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 197